Indians Discussion Thread

France iNcog
Ninja

Indians Discussion Thread

Post by iNcog »

This is the Indian Discussion thread, where several topics concerning this civilization on the ESOC Patch may be discussed. We're looking for feedback on the current state of balance, from the community's standpoint.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

I'm still an advocate of reducing Sepoy's HP to 180 (so the TC can 2 shot a sepoy). Thoughts?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

They would get smashed even harder by fre/ger
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by zoom »

bramboy wrote:I''m still an advocate of reducing Sepoy''s HP to 180 (so the TC can 2 shot a sepoy). Thoughts?
I would do that and increase Sepoy damage from 25 to 26 at the same time.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by Garja »

sepoy are bit too good for their cost. I'd say either -10 hp or +5g
Image Image Image
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by thebritish »

garja wrote:sepoy are bit too good for their cost. I''d say either -10 hp or +5g
isnt +5 food better?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by britishmusketeer »

thebritish wrote:
garja wrote:sepoy are bit too good for their cost. Id say either -10 hp or +5g
isnt +5 food better?

why would it be?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by thebritish »

britishmusketeer wrote:
thebritish wrote:isnt +5 food better?
why would it be?
well, musketeers have 3:1 food/gold cost, so, it would be dumb sepoys to have less than 2:1 food-gold cost, or maybe just put it +10 food..
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by momuuu »

thebritish wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:why would it be?
well, musketeers have 3:1 food/gold cost, so, it would be dumb sepoys to have less than 2:1 food-gold cost, or maybe just put it +10 food..

dont focus on these little irrelevant things. Gameplay is by far the most important thing to consider.

Regarding india and aztec, Id be interesting to see how many match ups they end up winning after the patch. If they dont lose or maybe only one they might need a nerf.
India _DB_
Howdah

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by _DB_ »

imo india doesn't need any nerf or buff, they are well designed imo.

If they do.

180 HP Sepoy will kill the originality of the civ. As Garja says, +5 coin cost will be better, but then India just can't do the slow sepoy rush build that smoothly. +5 or + 10 food will be a better nerf.

Maybe nerf the team 5 urumi to team 4 urumi, infinite 9 urumi to infinite 8 urumi for 700 food.

For buff I guess give sowars +20 HP and give siege eles +4 range for guard upgrade.

I still think India needs no change.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Indian Discussion Thread

jerom wrote:
thebritish wrote:well, musketeers have 3:1 food/gold cost, so, it would be dumb sepoys to have less than 2:1 food-gold cost, or maybe just put it +10 food..
dont focus on these little irrelevant things. Gameplay is by far the most important thing to consider.

Regarding india and aztec, Id be interesting to see how many match ups they end up winning after the patch. If they dont lose or maybe only one they might need a nerf.
I cant really talk about azzy since I havent play them enough, but from my experience they loose to fre/ger/india/sioux and azzy vs brit is 50-50.
India loose to china, japan, sioux (on the RE, it might be closer with the brs nerf), otto (even on the fp I think), dutch (on the fp) and fre/ger (on tp maps).
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

diarouga wrote:
jerom wrote:dont focus on these little irrelevant things. Gameplay is by far the most important thing to consider.

I cant really talk about azzy since I havent play them enough, but from my experience they loose to fre/ger/india/sioux and azzy vs brit is 50-50.
India loose to china, japan, sioux (on the RE, it might be closer with the brs nerf), otto (even on the fp I think), dutch (on the fp) and fre/ger (on tp maps).

From my experiences as and against aztecs, Aztecs wins vs fre/ger/sioux/india/japan with a timing (something like 700w 6 puma 10 mace 9 mace).
India _DB_
Howdah

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by _DB_ »

I agree with diarouga here.

Imo
India vs Aztec is 50-50
India vs Brit is 55-45
India China is 40-60 imo
India vs Japan is 45-55
India vs Sioux is 40-60
India vs Dutch was 55-45 without FP. On FP it is reverse, 45-55 lol
India vs otto is 30-70, on both patches. Otto's early eco is now better than India omg
India vs iro is 30-70 without FP, on FP it is 50-50 i think
India vs germany on non tp map is 55-45, on tp map it is 40-60
India vs french on non tp map is 50-50, on non tp map it is 40-60
India vs Spain is 60-40
India vs Portugal is 60-40 (on FP)
India vs Russia is 60-40

The only civs India beat are ports, russia and spain, and they don't win easy vs other.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by zoom »

The issue with the Sepoy isn't that the unit is too good compared to other Musketeer-units in general' it's that the unit doesn't die from 2 TC shots, IMO.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by Jaeger »

Just micro your tc to leave them at a few hp and finish them off with an explorer shpt
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by yemshi »

Not like your expl can't die
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Indian Discussion Thread

bramboy wrote:
diarouga wrote:I cant really talk about azzy since I havent play them enough, but from my experience they loose to fre/ger/india/sioux and azzy vs brit is 50-50.
From my experiences as and against aztecs, Aztecs wins vs fre/ger/sioux/india/japan with a timing (something like 700w 6 puma 10 mace 9 mace).
I agree that they rape jap but from my experience they just loose to fre/ger/sioux/india.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

diarouga wrote:
bramboy wrote:From my experiences as and against aztecs, Aztecs wins vs fre/ger/sioux/india/japan with a timing (something like 700w 6 puma 10 mace 9 mace).
I agree that they rape jap but from my experience they just loose to fre/ger/sioux/india.
Could you tell me how French wins this matchup?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Indian Discussion Thread

bramboy wrote:
diarouga wrote:I agree that they rape jap but from my experience they just loose to fre/ger/sioux/india.
Could you tell me how French wins this matchup?

Bow/huss
Could you tell me how azzy win this MU?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by fei123456 »

we should nerf sepoy of course. they are way too strong. also we can buff their 600w 600g into 700w 700g to make their ff/sff more smooth.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:
bramboy wrote:From my experiences as and against aztecs, Aztecs wins vs fre/ger/sioux/india/japan with a timing (something like 700w 6 puma 10 mace 9 mace).

sioux cant deal with aztec timing. axerider bowrider lose to mace puma easily. even you have some cetan and minutemen, aztec can just kill your warhut stable in 10 seconds and left: puma siege really op. anyway, in the new fp meta this mu is better for sioux, as cetan bow gets buff.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Indian Discussion Thread

paul wrote:
diarouga wrote:I agree that they rape jap but from my experience they just loose to fre/ger/sioux/india.
sioux cant deal with aztec timing. axerider bowrider lose to mace puma easily. even you have some cetan and minutemen, aztec can just kill your warhut stable in 10 seconds and left: puma siege really op. anyway, in the new fp meta this mu is better for sioux, as cetan bow gets buff.
Nah sioux just rape. Fast age up 4ars+few brs raid, raid and raid and just win.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by fei123456 »

diarouga wrote:
paul wrote:sioux cant deal with aztec timing. axerider bowrider lose to mace puma easily. even you have some cetan and minutemen, aztec can just kill your warhut stable in 10 seconds and left: puma siege really op. anyway, in the new fp meta this mu is better for sioux, as cetan bow gets buff.
Nah sioux just rape. Fast age up 4ars+few brs raid, raid and raid and just win.

with puma and mace defending, are you really raiding or sending him exp?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Indian Discussion Thread

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

diarouga wrote:
bramboy wrote:Could you tell me how French wins this matchup?
Bow/huss
700w 6 puma 10 mace 9 mace

Make 5 puma in your first batch and start sieging a house, leave when he is about to get a batch of musketeers or when he pops minuteman. Then just sit back and wait for 9 mace to arrive. Then you push with 11 puma + 40 mace and start mixing coys while you attack.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Indian Discussion Thread

bramboy wrote:
diarouga wrote:Bow/huss
700w 6 puma 10 mace 9 mace

Make 5 puma in your first batch and start sieging a house, leave when he is about to get a batch of musketeers or when he pops minuteman. Then just sit back and wait for 9 mace to arrive. Then you push with 11 puma + 40 mace and start mixing coys while you attack.
you cant kill a house, huss+mm will rape your pikes and you wont be able to back.
Really this rush doesnt work, I did like 10+ azzy games vs Mitoe and rushing fre just isnt a good option.