Payouts! H2O vs Blackstar

You can bet here on several matchups in the tournament and win extra prizes!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Close one! Not only the finals were nailbitingly close (grats to Blackstar for taking down water!), the conclusion of the betting event is no different...

First of all, some history. Somppukunkku came into this tournament with a big win. Veni upset Mitoe and Somppu had 500 points on the 2-0, taking 4000 points profit. He's been our glorious leader for more than half of the tournament, picking up small wins here and there, but then it went sideways. In the round of 8 and semi-finals he consistently lost points, and another rising star was slowly catching up. Veni took first place in the round of 8 and didn't let go until blackbob68's crazy gamble and 8600 point win. Of course, this still wasn't enough to secure first place. Those wins seem tiny, almost laughable now.

Turns out Somppu had it all figured out after all. He expected a close series and put 1500 on both 5-4 results.
I also had 1500 on 5-4 Blackstar, but the only reason I did so is because it was the only chance I still had of winning the betting event, not because I thought it was a likely result ')

Because who really did, other than Somppu? There were some gambles here and there, some high bets on 5-3 BSOP, but 5-4 was somewhat overlooked. Other than me and Somppu, the only significant bets on this result were from purplesquid (700) and WickedCossack (472).

Because there were an all time record breaking total of 55482 points bet on this match (holy shit), there was a lot to win. Add to that the fact that this result was not expected (odds x12, the most expected result was 5-2 H2O with odds x4.2) and you get some pretty sick wins. And "pretty sick" is an understatement bordering on madness.

I take the biggest win this match, because I had the least points on other results. I win... drum roll... 16350 points. Obviously, this is an all time record and for a second there it looked like I would get to keep the 100$, but it wasn't enough.
Somppu wins 15000 points and because he had more to start with, he is our winner! And who can say it's undeserved, having been in first place for the majority of the tournament... Grats to him for the bragging rights and the 100$!
The difference, if you can believe it, is a tiny 116 points.

Purplesquid takes 3rd place in both this match and the event, winning 7000 points and landing in third. Blackbob lost 4500 points, but still finds himself in 4th place. WickedCossack, who has (like me) been looking underwhelming this whole time, takes 5192 points and is randomly in 5th. Well played all!
Poor Veni, who has made solid predictions throughout the tournament, finds himself with only 2720 points left. Well played though! He does take the record of most points bet total, he bet 17441 points throughout the event. Nice.

Records:
Biggest profit in a single match: Goodspeed (H2O vs Blackstar) - 16350 points
Most unexpected result: Somppukunkku vs Tibia 3-2 - odds x17.8
Most points bet on a single match: H2O vs Blackstar - 55482 points
Most points bet total: Veni_Vidi_Vici_W - 17441 points

Final standings:
Note: The last column shows the amount of points won/lost this match.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/mqpYH1E.png[/img]
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Heh, I beat veni at something
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

Congrats Sompu, and GS as well for this nice 2nd basically almost 1st place. Thank you as well for this competition and the very enjoyable writeups after the payouts.

@incog, i believe if h20 won 5-4 i had it won here :P i also had to go for a bit risky bets here because so much can happen with these odds at this point
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Tx gs
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

gosh i'm bad at this stuff :'(
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

venividivici wrote:Congrats Sompu, and GS as well for this nice 2nd basically almost 1st place. Thank you as well for this competition and the very enjoyable writeups after the payouts.

@incog, i believe if h20 won 5-4 i had it won here :P i also had to go for a bit risky bets here because so much can happen with these odds at this point

yep! ghehe

the great things about these bets is that anything can happen

i was at like ~1k points (i lost all the points i got from you when you beat mitoe over the course of the tournament, q_q) before the finals so the only left for me to do was bet on the upset.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Thanks all for participating it was a lot of fun. There will be a betting event for next tourney as well :)
No Flag blackbob68
Skirmisher

Post by blackbob68 »

congratzzzz toni, well deserved :-* Love you :)
No Flag blackbob68
Skirmisher

Post by blackbob68 »

and thx GS for the effort :) I liked it a lot, good job :)