Sweden Hawk_Girl
Crossbow
Posts: 34

28 Feb 2017, 01:20

1. There is a no running agreement. On one hand there should be really no rules after nr period ends to play the game and see who really is the best player when all bets are on. But I still do quite like this rule still, it's more comfortable and it allows for a more focused gameplay on micro, unit positioning and raw military strategy. HOWEVER!! When you mortar someones walls down, it is considered running if you move in cav and run for eco or something. What the fuck? Learn to defend properly. The agreement should be a head on fight, but if you actually do fight like that and "come in through the front door" you should obv be allowed to make whatever damage you see fit. Connected to point 3 though, tbf.

2. There is no nats allowed. Im fairly indifferent to this agreement. Nats can be fun and add another dimension, but i do understand that they are banned due to unbalanced fights, unless the two nats guys from each team fights each other. It's not the biggest of deals.

3. There is no rewalling allowed. Wtf. Why would you be allowed to make forward towers, stables and raxxes and repair said buildings in main base if they get mortared, but not be able to rewall or wall new in an agressive or defensive manner. I played a game vs a brit player once who, although i raped the main fight and even got into his eco, just owned with walling and lbs and dragging out the game. Sure, the mate I had sucked and I adapted like a pr2 to what he was doing, but still, I did get all their main eco and factories. I wasn't mad at all though, more inspired to learn to wall properly. So in my opinion this rule is only good if you wanna save time, otherwise it just removes a layer of strategy and depth to the game. And if you want short game, dont fucking play nr60.

4. The hypocrisy. Most nr60 players use mods that allow them to zoom out way more than the game normally allows and thereby get a better eye for the game since you can see all the battlefield in one frame. Sure if all in the game has it. But often there is someone little less nr60-nerdy playing that doesnt have it. And then they say you cheat and are a noob if you rewall or run in through main base if you brake the walls.

Now I have no idea if any nr60-players on nilla reads this here but this has been my thoughts and would be fun to hear some input. Ty for letting me flame some.

/Hawk
User avatar
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 02
Posts: 1252
ESO: IAmSoldieR
Location: Chi City

28 Feb 2017, 01:52

Seems fair
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Crossbow
Posts: 34

28 Feb 2017, 01:58

My opinions or theirs?
User avatar
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 02
Posts: 1252
ESO: IAmSoldieR
Location: Chi City

28 Feb 2017, 02:17

Yes
User avatar
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1765
ESO: _NiceKING_

28 Feb 2017, 02:17

Yours
I agree with each point
User avatar
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Howdah
Posts: 1811

28 Feb 2017, 02:19

they all seem like good rules for a NR 60 except the major zoom. Wall laming is just lame in TR games so I actually like that people dont rebuild walls and just continue the battle with units and barracks. that would be a great rule for ori 55 on TAD. rebuilding walls are just too OP

I think what is running has to be cleared up as like you say you need objectives and targets to fight for to win, but with no wall rebuilding sending in a opri box would just be too OP and negate the reason for playing the game in the first place.... to have epic battles
User avatar
India Challenger_Marco
Dragoon
Posts: 263
ESO: challenger_marco
Location: India

28 Feb 2017, 02:50

I agree with Hawks point.
I will beat all one day!!!!
User avatar
United States of America IAmSoldieR
Howdah
Donator 02
Posts: 1252
ESO: IAmSoldieR
Location: Chi City

28 Feb 2017, 02:51

Solid flame, interesting culture in the NR-i-have-all-day community.
User avatar
France Kaiserklein
Jaeger
Posts: 4346
Location: Paris

28 Feb 2017, 03:18

Let's debate this topic
kickass_OP wrote:lbs vs cavs no is good

kickass_OP wrote:kaiser won cuz german is lammer hard

look wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
User avatar
United States of America SirCallen
Jaeger
Donator 01
Posts: 3599
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest

28 Feb 2017, 04:32

I for one have considered the talking points from both sides and deem them all arguable, arguably. I'd love to argue this further with more arguable points but this thread has arguably been corrupted by users who refuse to argue seriously.
sircal1Flowers = :flowers:
User avatar
Germany Lukas_L99
Lancer
Posts: 667
ESO: Lukas_L99

28 Feb 2017, 04:47

Hawk_Girl wrote:
3. There is no rewalling allowed. Wtf. Why would you be allowed to make forward towers, stables and raxxes and repair said buildings in main base if they get mortared, but not be able to rewall or wall new in an agressive or defensive manner.


I never understood that, can someone explain? Why would you not be allowed to rewall?
User avatar
United States of America dicktator_
Lancer
Posts: 657

28 Feb 2017, 05:01

Hawk_Girl wrote:1. There is a no running agreement. On one hand there should be really no rules after nr period ends to play the game and see who really is the best player when all bets are on. But I still do quite like this rule still, it's more comfortable and it allows for a more focused gameplay on micro, unit positioning and raw military strategy. HOWEVER!! When you mortar someones walls down, it is considered running if you move in cav and run for eco or something. What the fuck? Learn to defend properly. The agreement should be a head on fight, but if you actually do fight like that and "come in through the front door" you should obv be allowed to make whatever damage you see fit. Connected to point 3 though, tbf.

2. There is no nats allowed. Im fairly indifferent to this agreement. Nats can be fun and add another dimension, but i do understand that they are banned due to unbalanced fights, unless the two nats guys from each team fights each other. It's not the biggest of deals.

3. There is no rewalling allowed. Wtf. Why would you be allowed to make forward towers, stables and raxxes and repair said buildings in main base if they get mortared, but not be able to rewall or wall new in an agressive or defensive manner. I played a game vs a brit player once who, although i raped the main fight and even got into his eco, just owned with walling and lbs and dragging out the game. Sure, the mate I had sucked and I adapted like a pr2 to what he was doing, but still, I did get all their main eco and factories. I wasn't mad at all though, more inspired to learn to wall properly. So in my opinion this rule is only good if you wanna save time, otherwise it just removes a layer of strategy and depth to the game. And if you want short game, dont fucking play nr60.

4. The hypocrisy. Most nr60 players use mods that allow them to zoom out way more than the game normally allows and thereby get a better eye for the game since you can see all the battlefield in one frame. Sure if all in the game has it. But often there is someone little less nr60-nerdy playing that doesnt have it. And then they say you cheat and are a noob if you rewall or run in through main base if you brake the walls.

Now I have no idea if any nr60-players on nilla reads this here but this has been my thoughts and would be fun to hear some input. Ty for letting me flame some.

/Hawk

This post is accurate. BTW this post wasn't really a flame, it was a criticism :D.

NR60 games are monotonous and when I played in the NR60 tourney it a lot of times felt like a test of stamina more than anything else. In addition to the gamemode itself not being very fun, the ridiculous rules that they have guarantee that their community will remain closed off to outsiders. Also there are only 3 viable civs, and a lot of the unique components of those civs (france furtrade, germany inf heavy cannon shipment, ports goon range/mort range) are not present on nilla. I did have some fun playing it especially when I played really good players like cramper and killsterds but it didn't really compare to TAD TR40.

@lukas there is a glitch in nilla where if you select a gateable wall segment then select wall foundations and then gate the foundations will immediately turn into a gate, but they could just ban abuse of that glitch, no need to ban rewalling altogether, so idk
User avatar
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Posts: 190
ESO: Gear_Head
Location: Perth, Australia

28 Feb 2017, 07:10

I have watched only a couple of recent streams of NR60 on Nilla, and the last time I played a proper Nilla (NR 50+) game was probably at least 5 years ago, so forgive me for any ignorance I display in my writing. What I saw in the streams and what I experienced years ago are two entirely different things.

The streams were generally showing games on Lrg. Great Plains. In these games, the players made 1 (!!!) layer across halfmap, and then at least TEN layers approximately at the middle of the map in front of each others' FB's where the fighting would take place. Once the mortars took out the majority of the walls, a large gap was left for fighting, but by the time that happened, a decent amount of drain had occurred and any attempt to push came with a considerable amount of risk (eco-wise) if the push failed. This led to a very drawn out match where the fighting remained stagnant (in terms of location), and it was simply a race to see who would drain first and resign.

From this and from the OP of this thread, I gather that the reason for the fighting style I witnessed and for the single layer walling in all areas of the map except for the battleground does indeed coincide directly with the gentleman's "no-running" agreement. I agree 100% with you that if you break in the 10+ layers of wall, you should be able to do whatever you like. You've earned it, after all. Otherwise, the only logical play is to camp because what incentive is there to spend the resources to push if you aren't allowed to wreak havoc once you've achieved your goals?
Let's not forget that different civs thrive on different fighting styles. If you limit the game to the camp style, you limit the civilization pool to the civs which operate best in that fighting environment. Some civs need to run to have their best chance to win, others are most comfortable in an aggressive push scenario, and some simply don't have the eco to last in a camping competition.
If you really, really want to make it a game of who has the best eco+most efficient unit combo (e.g. drain game), then why NR60? NR40 with the same gentleman's rules on the same maps will return the EXACT same results, faster.

By proxy I also agree with your rewalling critique. That indeed seems ridiculous to me, and I was not aware this was even a thing. Why not just make 3-4 layers of wall (instead of 10+), and allow re-walling? Change the meta to reward the APM required to both fight well and maintain infrastructure, and you'll end up with more skill-based results less reliant on circumstance (civ choice, natural resources available to boom with, etc.)

The nats argument is meh. Since you can't make native embassies in Nilla, I think their place in NR games is very limited indeed. I'll argue in favor of their use on TWC and TAD, but I am also indifferent to their use or non-use in Nilla.

Zoom mod? That's considered a hack I'm pretty sure. I'm amazed this is widely accepted in any community, let alone in NR games where it arguably has the most impact.

Hawk, honestly most of your arguments are solved by coming over to TAD. Yes, there are new civs (and even Euro civs have new "features"), but there is still acceptable balance (especially in comparison to this game type that has evolved in Nilla). NR55 on Orinoco keeps many of the same features that you seem to love about NR60 on Nilla (head to head fighting/micro/positioning, massive eco, etc), but removes all of the gripes you've listed here. I've actually noticed a few Nilla players coming over to TAD recently, and I really hope they stay! :biggrin:
If you do decide to give TAD a try, let me know and I'll try to help you get plugged in to the NR55 community. I quite enjoy it (and the NR40 community, for that matter), and I'm sure it would treat you well. :flowers:


dicktator_ wrote:@lukas there is a glitch in nilla where if you select a gateable wall segment then select wall foundations and then gate the foundations will immediately turn into a gate, but they could just ban abuse of that glitch, no need to ban rewalling altogether, so idk


Actually, you can do this in TAD too (if an already built gate-able segment is selected in the same group as the foundations), but the HP stays at 0. This means that they go down very easily and don't behave as a normal wall/gate would. Of course, it's still exploitable I suppose to give the "image" of complete fortifications which could keep your opponent from just walking in and attack moving the whole lot or shooting your walls down with culvs. :lol:
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 2128
ESO: Tedere12
Location: Greece

28 Feb 2017, 08:43

Gear_Head wrote:(and even Euro civs have new "features")

alt D is indeed a game feature
"Well, now you are playing otto, but tommorow you might become a rapist, or a serial killer" -VaneStoilov

Image
Image
User avatar
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Posts: 190
ESO: Gear_Head
Location: Perth, Australia

28 Feb 2017, 10:13

tedere12 wrote:
Gear_Head wrote:(and even Euro civs have new "features")

alt D is indeed a game feature

Don't feed the trolls. :lol:
User avatar
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher
Posts: 136

28 Feb 2017, 12:52

The 60 community isnt what it once was, its another generation of players nowadays and they kinda have their own community and play by their own "rules". Barrely none of the old top players, me included have really played the game mode serious or frequent for years. Truth is the most skillfull players quited because the already limited player base got extremly small as the game died slowly and we sat in lobbys forever to get our games going, alot of players had their best years ahead of them aswell regarding computer gaming and had to move on with life, some of them are doing the family thing today. Then a new younger generation took over like usually, not saying they cant generate good players because they do but 60NR is definitely not as hot anymore and as skillfull as it once was. Both point 2,3 and 4 sounds really silly to me but sure its a reality, nothing was like that back in the days, we played nats always if they were fair nat tp's(that would be tp route on left side on gp, meaning 3 posts on each side of the map)

The no rewall thing is also a new thing, the old standard was 8hm and you would rewall to some extent if u really needed too but it has always been considered lame to abuse walls to its full extent just like it is in sup, for instance, spamming 10200 hp walls with ports with the fast build card is simply a way to effectivly shut down a good game in something cancer like game thats gonna take hours to finish, perhaps its an overreaction to the lameness walls really can contribute to a game if you really go for it.

Yes alot of controversy about zoom, the most "solid" 60 players that play as competetive as you can have it, I used to have this mode aswell. Havent been using if for 2 years i think. I stoped using it when i accidently used it in a sup tourney without knowing it could result into a ban, anyways its not really that benefical for sup i think, one could argue your get a better overlook perspective and might deal with raids easier but at the same time ur micro will be less inaccurate, all i know is I play alot better without it.

If theres anything i like to agree on slightly thats still good with the new community its the no running rule, its almost always been present during the years 60s been a thing on nilla. And it has always been considered less skillfull to win with a box of opris than actually fighting heads on with all means there is to get an advantage over your opponent. That being said running itself isnt really that useful and should be stopped cost efficient if your a good player unless ur laming high siege units like dops or opris. Pretty much like it works on TR for tad i think. The overall point is more about what kind of game you want, quality game with fight heads on where u go toe to toe and actually show of ur micro and speed or do you want a complete mess where each guy in each team do everything to breach the main hm wall only to spam in some cav in ur eco and type gg. If you ask me thats a real trash game, having bases and being lined up vs an oppoent isnt that weird when u think about it.

The golden era of 60 is for sure over and has been for very long, there are still some decent players that would do ok if they transistioned to tad and tried TR over here, but theres nothing special going on there afaik. NICE thread tho , your flammes are valid if you ask me.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Crossbow
Posts: 34

28 Feb 2017, 13:14

dicktator_ wrote:This post is accurate. BTW this post wasn't really a flame, it was a criticism :D.


I did add (fair) to the title, I guess I wrote the title first and expected the text to be more harsh maybe :P
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Crossbow
Posts: 34

28 Feb 2017, 13:21

Gear_Head wrote:I have watched only a couple of recent streams of NR60 on Nilla, and the last time I played a proper Nilla (NR 50+) game was probably at least 5 years ago, so forgive me for any ignorance I display in my writing. What I saw in the streams and what I experienced years ago are two entirely different things.

The streams were generally showing games on Lrg. Great Plains. In these games, the players made 1 (!!!) layer across halfmap, and then at least TEN layers approximately at the middle of the map in front of each others' FB's where the fighting would take place. Once the mortars took out the majority of the walls, a large gap was left for fighting, but by the time that happened, a decent amount of drain had occurred and any attempt to push came with a considerable amount of risk (eco-wise) if the push failed. This led to a very drawn out match where the fighting remained stagnant (in terms of location), and it was simply a race to see who would drain first and resign.

From this and from the OP of this thread, I gather that the reason for the fighting style I witnessed and for the single layer walling in all areas of the map except for the battleground does indeed coincide directly with the gentleman's "no-running" agreement. I agree 100% with you that if you break in the 10+ layers of wall, you should be able to do whatever you like. You've earned it, after all. Otherwise, the only logical play is to camp because what incentive is there to spend the resources to push if you aren't allowed to wreak havoc once you've achieved your goals?
Let's not forget that different civs thrive on different fighting styles. If you limit the game to the camp style, you limit the civilization pool to the civs which operate best in that fighting environment. Some civs need to run to have their best chance to win, others are most comfortable in an aggressive push scenario, and some simply don't have the eco to last in a camping competition.
If you really, really want to make it a game of who has the best eco+most efficient unit combo (e.g. drain game), then why NR60? NR40 with the same gentleman's rules on the same maps will return the EXACT same results, faster.

By proxy I also agree with your rewalling critique. That indeed seems ridiculous to me, and I was not aware this was even a thing. Why not just make 3-4 layers of wall (instead of 10+), and allow re-walling? Change the meta to reward the APM required to both fight well and maintain infrastructure, and you'll end up with more skill-based results less reliant on circumstance (civ choice, natural resources available to boom with, etc.)

The nats argument is meh. Since you can't make native embassies in Nilla, I think their place in NR games is very limited indeed. I'll argue in favor of their use on TWC and TAD, but I am also indifferent to their use or non-use in Nilla.

Zoom mod? That's considered a hack I'm pretty sure. I'm amazed this is widely accepted in any community, let alone in NR games where it arguably has the most impact.

Hawk, honestly most of your arguments are solved by coming over to TAD. Yes, there are new civs (and even Euro civs have new "features"), but there is still acceptable balance (especially in comparison to this game type that has evolved in Nilla). NR55 on Orinoco keeps many of the same features that you seem to love about NR60 on Nilla (head to head fighting/micro/positioning, massive eco, etc), but removes all of the gripes you've listed here. I've actually noticed a few Nilla players coming over to TAD recently, and I really hope they stay! :biggrin:
If you do decide to give TAD a try, let me know and I'll try to help you get plugged in to the NR55 community. I quite enjoy it (and the NR40 community, for that matter), and I'm sure it would treat you well. :flowers:


Im mostly a normal (sup) player but I did play a lot of nr55 or nr60 on nilla back in the days and now that I returned to try it some I didn't really like what I saw, hence this post. Your observations with how people wall now is 100% correct, but as I say in my first point I do think that is quite okay since the no running rule is ok imo.

I have been playing some TAD treaty just to see what it was, funny to get wayy above 4k with french at 55 mins without villager glitch. Trading card op :P So yes, I have been trying some nr55 on orinoco mostly, but I do feel like nr40 like the tourneys all are in is a mode I need to relearn alot of old "nr truths" to be able to compete at any level at all. Brits goes from being very boring to very nice tho imo, 2 rockets nice. But yeah, I should move to TAD for nr and sup, but I just can't help liking nilla still.
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Crossbow
Posts: 34

28 Feb 2017, 13:26

cramper wrote:The 60 community isnt what it once was, its another generation of players nowadays and they kinda have their own community and play by their own "rules". Barrely none of the old top players, me included have really played the game mode serious or frequent for years. Truth is the most skillfull players quited because the already limited player base got extremly small as the game died slowly and we sat in lobbys forever to get our games going, alot of players had their best years ahead of them aswell regarding computer gaming and had to move on with life, some of them are doing the family thing today. Then a new younger generation took over like usually, not saying they cant generate good players because they do but 60NR is definitely not as hot anymore and as skillfull as it once was. Both point 2,3 and 4 sounds really silly to me but sure its a reality, nothing was like that back in the days, we played nats always if they were fair nat tp's(that would be tp route on left side on gp, meaning 3 posts on each side of the map)

The no rewall thing is also a new thing, the old standard was 8hm and you would rewall to some extent if u really needed too but it has always been considered lame to abuse walls to its full extent just like it is in sup, for instance, spamming 10200 hp walls with ports with the fast build card is simply a way to effectivly shut down a good game in something cancer like game thats gonna take hours to finish, perhaps its an overreaction to the lameness walls really can contribute to a game if you really go for it.

Yes alot of controversy about zoom, the most "solid" 60 players that play as competetive as you can have it, I used to have this mode aswell. Havent been using if for 2 years i think. I stoped using it when i accidently used it in a sup tourney without knowing it could result into a ban, anyways its not really that benefical for sup i think, one could argue your get a better overlook perspective and might deal with raids easier but at the same time ur micro will be less inaccurate, all i know is I play alot better without it.

If theres anything i like to agree on slightly thats still good with the new community its the no running rule, its almost always been present during the years 60s been a thing on nilla. And it has always been considered less skillfull to win with a box of opris than actually fighting heads on with all means there is to get an advantage over your opponent. That being said running itself isnt really that useful and should be stopped cost efficient if your a good player unless ur laming high siege units like dops or opris. Pretty much like it works on TR for tad i think. The overall point is more about what kind of game you want, quality game with fight heads on where u go toe to toe and actually show of ur micro and speed or do you want a complete mess where each guy in each team do everything to breach the main hm wall only to spam in some cav in ur eco and type gg. If you ask me thats a real trash game, having bases and being lined up vs an oppoent isnt that weird when u think about it.

The golden era of 60 is for sure over and has been for very long, there are still some decent players that would do ok if they transistioned to tad and tried TR over here, but theres nothing special going on there afaik. NICE thread tho , your flammes are valid if you ask me.


It's funny. Idk if you remember this but many many years ago you were learning me some nr on nilla and you taught me that using explorer cards as ports is good and I thought they sucked. Led to me eventually naming the port deck with explorers to "okejrå cramper", swedish for "fine cramper" and I still use that deck to this day :P

It's clearly the case that the golden days of nr60 is gone but isn't the golden days of all AOE3 gone as well? ;)
User avatar
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Posts: 190
ESO: Gear_Head
Location: Perth, Australia

28 Feb 2017, 14:25

Hawk_Girl wrote:Im mostly a normal (sup) player but I did play a lot of nr55 or nr60 on nilla back in the days and now that I returned to try it some I didn't really like what I saw, hence this post. Your observations with how people wall now is 100% correct, but as I say in my first point I do think that is quite okay since the no running rule is ok imo.

I have been playing some TAD treaty just to see what it was, funny to get wayy above 4k with french at 55 mins without villager glitch. Trading card op :P So yes, I have been trying some nr55 on orinoco mostly, but I do feel like nr40 like the tourneys all are in is a mode I need to relearn alot of old "nr truths" to be able to compete at any level at all. Brits goes from being very boring to very nice tho imo, 2 rockets nice. But yeah, I should move to TAD for nr and sup, but I just can't help liking nilla still.


Ah okay! Yes, I also played mainly NR55/60 years ago. I actually played alot of TWC as well (where people hosted Sup games but called them NR55/60 because of nostalgia from Nilla). When I came back to the game six months ago, I felt like the NR community in Nilla was dead so I made the jump to TAD (which had some kind of taboo associated with it because I felt like I was abandoning my roots as an Ensemble fanboy). I haven't looked back since.

Yes, although you'll find in most games (Lieut+), France is generally banned by all players as it's mutually agreed that they are indeed OP as a civ in all forms of NR.
NR40 is an excellent form of NR, with some mechanics very unfamiliar to us NR55/60 types. This is primarily because of the invisible "treaty wall" that results in a mad dash to set up a FB at the 40-minute mark and claim your spot so you can battle at halfmap. Map control becomes a significant part of the game, which is very different to the roots of NR60. The balance of micro and unit composition also becomes more important as mistakes are less forgiving in general due to everyone having less eco to work with.

I still have a soft spot for NR55, and will always gravitate towards that game first, but the skills learned in NR40 games have definitely translated to making me a better NR55 player, so I highly recommend it not only as a change of pace option but also from a skill development standpoint.

After being on TAD for 6 months, my opinion of the last expansion is totally changed. I've come to the perspective that not only is it where the most sustainable community is (easy to find games), but it's also the most complete form of AOE III. Captain Hindsight tells me I should have seen it this way sooner, as AOE II followed the same trajectory (the base game was good but really what made the AOE II game as wildly popular as it is was the excellent expansions). But alas, I don't like change and I like to stick with what I know, so I waited until 2016 to jump on the bandwagon. Trust me, even if you take the larger TAD community out of the equation, the learning curve is worth it for the balance and playability features alone. ^_^

P.S. An easy way to transition to the dreaded invisible "treaty wall" in TAD is to play Treaty 10 min with a gentleman's agreement to NR XX mins. I do this often and it is really nice for balancing out differences in map spawn and having FB ready where you want it/when you want it. :smile:
User avatar
Sweden cramper
Skirmisher
Posts: 136

28 Feb 2017, 15:19

Hawk_Girl wrote:
cramper wrote:The 60 community isnt what it once was, its another generation of players nowadays and they kinda have their own community and play by their own "rules". Barrely none of the old top players, me included have really played the game mode serious or frequent for years. Truth is the most skillfull players quited because the already limited player base got extremly small as the game died slowly and we sat in lobbys forever to get our games going, alot of players had their best years ahead of them aswell regarding computer gaming and had to move on with life, some of them are doing the family thing today. Then a new younger generation took over like usually, not saying they cant generate good players because they do but 60NR is definitely not as hot anymore and as skillfull as it once was. Both point 2,3 and 4 sounds really silly to me but sure its a reality, nothing was like that back in the days, we played nats always if they were fair nat tp's(that would be tp route on left side on gp, meaning 3 posts on each side of the map)

The no rewall thing is also a new thing, the old standard was 8hm and you would rewall to some extent if u really needed too but it has always been considered lame to abuse walls to its full extent just like it is in sup, for instance, spamming 10200 hp walls with ports with the fast build card is simply a way to effectivly shut down a good game in something cancer like game thats gonna take hours to finish, perhaps its an overreaction to the lameness walls really can contribute to a game if you really go for it.

Yes alot of controversy about zoom, the most "solid" 60 players that play as competetive as you can have it, I used to have this mode aswell. Havent been using if for 2 years i think. I stoped using it when i accidently used it in a sup tourney without knowing it could result into a ban, anyways its not really that benefical for sup i think, one could argue your get a better overlook perspective and might deal with raids easier but at the same time ur micro will be less inaccurate, all i know is I play alot better without it.

If theres anything i like to agree on slightly thats still good with the new community its the no running rule, its almost always been present during the years 60s been a thing on nilla. And it has always been considered less skillfull to win with a box of opris than actually fighting heads on with all means there is to get an advantage over your opponent. That being said running itself isnt really that useful and should be stopped cost efficient if your a good player unless ur laming high siege units like dops or opris. Pretty much like it works on TR for tad i think. The overall point is more about what kind of game you want, quality game with fight heads on where u go toe to toe and actually show of ur micro and speed or do you want a complete mess where each guy in each team do everything to breach the main hm wall only to spam in some cav in ur eco and type gg. If you ask me thats a real trash game, having bases and being lined up vs an oppoent isnt that weird when u think about it.

The golden era of 60 is for sure over and has been for very long, there are still some decent players that would do ok if they transistioned to tad and tried TR over here, but theres nothing special going on there afaik. NICE thread tho , your flammes are valid if you ask me.


It's funny. Idk if you remember this but many many years ago you were learning me some nr on nilla and you taught me that using explorer cards as ports is good and I thought they sucked. Led to me eventually naming the port deck with explorers to "okejrå cramper", swedish for "fine cramper" and I still use that deck to this day :P

It's clearly the case that the golden days of nr60 is gone but isn't the golden days of all AOE3 gone as well? ;)


haha damn dope, I dont recall the game in particular but i do recall ur username from the past ye 8-) , hajar det mesta på svenska också :smile: .

I wouldnt say that the game is dead, atleast supremancy in tad is working even if its not that many high lvls active, and now since the announcement of the biggest tourney ever hosted by esoc atleast if were looking at the prize pot( 1500$), things looks kinda promising again. Judging by the names thats alreading signed up and thoose that are expected to do so its gonna be have an awesome show, it could possibly be one of the more successfully events ever hosted by esoc if things turns out well, well see about that, but ye you should play with the tr guys on tad if you want some nice games, or add me we can play some sup!
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Crossbow
Posts: 34

28 Feb 2017, 16:02

cramper wrote:
Hawk_Girl wrote:
cramper wrote:The 60 community isnt what it once was, its another generation of players nowadays and they kinda have their own community and play by their own "rules". Barrely none of the old top players, me included have really played the game mode serious or frequent for years. Truth is the most skillfull players quited because the already limited player base got extremly small as the game died slowly and we sat in lobbys forever to get our games going, alot of players had their best years ahead of them aswell regarding computer gaming and had to move on with life, some of them are doing the family thing today. Then a new younger generation took over like usually, not saying they cant generate good players because they do but 60NR is definitely not as hot anymore and as skillfull as it once was. Both point 2,3 and 4 sounds really silly to me but sure its a reality, nothing was like that back in the days, we played nats always if they were fair nat tp's(that would be tp route on left side on gp, meaning 3 posts on each side of the map)

The no rewall thing is also a new thing, the old standard was 8hm and you would rewall to some extent if u really needed too but it has always been considered lame to abuse walls to its full extent just like it is in sup, for instance, spamming 10200 hp walls with ports with the fast build card is simply a way to effectivly shut down a good game in something cancer like game thats gonna take hours to finish, perhaps its an overreaction to the lameness walls really can contribute to a game if you really go for it.

Yes alot of controversy about zoom, the most "solid" 60 players that play as competetive as you can have it, I used to have this mode aswell. Havent been using if for 2 years i think. I stoped using it when i accidently used it in a sup tourney without knowing it could result into a ban, anyways its not really that benefical for sup i think, one could argue your get a better overlook perspective and might deal with raids easier but at the same time ur micro will be less inaccurate, all i know is I play alot better without it.

If theres anything i like to agree on slightly thats still good with the new community its the no running rule, its almost always been present during the years 60s been a thing on nilla. And it has always been considered less skillfull to win with a box of opris than actually fighting heads on with all means there is to get an advantage over your opponent. That being said running itself isnt really that useful and should be stopped cost efficient if your a good player unless ur laming high siege units like dops or opris. Pretty much like it works on TR for tad i think. The overall point is more about what kind of game you want, quality game with fight heads on where u go toe to toe and actually show of ur micro and speed or do you want a complete mess where each guy in each team do everything to breach the main hm wall only to spam in some cav in ur eco and type gg. If you ask me thats a real trash game, having bases and being lined up vs an oppoent isnt that weird when u think about it.

The golden era of 60 is for sure over and has been for very long, there are still some decent players that would do ok if they transistioned to tad and tried TR over here, but theres nothing special going on there afaik. NICE thread tho , your flammes are valid if you ask me.


It's funny. Idk if you remember this but many many years ago you were learning me some nr on nilla and you taught me that using explorer cards as ports is good and I thought they sucked. Led to me eventually naming the port deck with explorers to "okejrå cramper", swedish for "fine cramper" and I still use that deck to this day :P

It's clearly the case that the golden days of nr60 is gone but isn't the golden days of all AOE3 gone as well? ;)


haha damn dope, I dont recall the game in particular but i do recall ur username from the past ye 8-) , hajar det mesta på svenska också :smile: .

I wouldnt say that the game is dead, atleast supremancy in tad is working even if its not that many high lvls active, and now since the announcement of the biggest tourney ever hosted by esoc atleast if were looking at the prize pot( 1500$), things looks kinda promising again. Judging by the names thats alreading signed up and thoose that are expected to do so its gonna be have an awesome show, it could possibly be one of the more successfully events ever hosted by esoc if things turns out well, well see about that, but ye you should play with the tr guys on tad if you want some nice games, or add me we can play some sup!


Wasn't a game just ports discussion in whisper chat, and when I finally gave in i named my deck that :P

Yeah sure I think I can compete higher level play on sup with Euro civs at least :)
User avatar
India guyshir
Musketeer
Posts: 65
ESO: guyshir
Location: Chicago

19 Apr 2017, 11:09

Hawk_Girl wrote:3. There is no rewalling allowed. Wtf. Why would you be allowed to make forward towers, stables and raxxes and repair said buildings in main base if they get mortared, but not be able to rewall or wall new in an agressive or defensive manner.
/Hawk


After reading this post I tried out nilla gp nr60 corner game, and played 1st lieu's. They just don't want to wall, so that they can spam cav. If you see their culv micro, you can kill 10 with just 2 (atleast the people I played).

Also the person I played, killed nearly all vils around 63rd minute (after taking down some front walls) lamed War Wagons for killing culv, falc and motars. Skims don't kill War Wagons fast as they do in TAD. Also, cav is spammable on nr60, which makes pushing worthless without rebuilding walls, especially when other person is not making culv but using WW and uhlans.

They should really allow rebuilding walls, just to protect art from cav spam.

Most lame thing in the game is: Vils Trick: French (94 vils), German (30 Settler Wagons)

Reasons, why these people have a small community at the moment and can't play TAD treaty games.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
Posts: 8053
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland

20 Apr 2017, 10:47

No walls rebuild is a stupid rule, honestly. Just switch to TAD for a much better treaty experience :flowers:
Memento: quanto crassior deliciarum causa factus eris, tanto difficilior impressione fugies
Tokugawa Ieyasu :chinese:
User avatar
Germany queenofdestiny
Lancer
Posts: 716
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

20 Apr 2017, 11:14

I had a greate time playing 1,5 years nilla nr60

till i found TAD :D
Image

Forum Info

Return to “Treaty Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest