BlitzTreaty (NR40in10 Scenario as RMS) - 3.0a

Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

BlitzTreaty (NR40in10 Scenario as RMS) - 3.0a

Post by Gichtenlord »

BlitzTreaty 3.0a - By Gichtenlord

Hello guys!
After months of procrastinating, I finally took the time to realize @dicktator's Scenario "NR40in10" Scenario as a RMS (Random Map Script). This means, you can finally play 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3 nr40+ treaty and skip the first 30 minutes of boring booming!

The aim of the project "BlitzTreaty" is to create a script which can be implemented on any wanted map . Currently this is only implemented on simplistic maps, in order to solve all the last issues. And that's where I need you guys! This project is far from done. Ressource Distribution is not perfect yet, nor is the amount of XP at the end of treaty correct for each civ. I hope that a lot of people try this out and point out any error and give constructive feedback.
When the mode is finally in a balanced iteration, I will implement it on maps like: ESOC Andes, ESOC Orinoco, Toluca and Incan Alps. Also, you will be able to play these maps as BlitzTreaty rated on the next Treaty Patch!

[spoiler=What is BlitzTreaty]
As mentioned before, you pretty much skip the first 30mins of booming by getting ressources granted worth approximately 30mins of booming. Obviously, each civ has a different amount of ressources at start.
In BlitzTreaty you still start in age1, but, in the first 2 minutes of the game, you have instant tech research rate and few buildings like Towncenters, Livestock Pen, houses and Wonders for TAD civs can also be built instantly. The game also starts with an instant pause. During this pause, you can choose your deck and also distribute your spawned vills to your needed ressource. When all players are ready, unpause and be as quick as possible to do all important techs, send cards and make an start army.
After 2 minutes, you will have normal tech research rate and building rate and at about 10 minutes your economy is equal to a nr40 boom. If you wanna play nr55, you obviously wait until the 25th minute.
[/spoiler]

Current maps to play BlitzTreaty on (All have incas as natives atm) :

[spoiler=BlitzTreaty Cliff]
Image Image Image
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=BlitzTreaty TradeRoute]
Image Image Image
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=BlitzTreaty River]
Image Image Image
[/spoiler]

Shout out to @dicktator for having the idea of Nr40in10 in the first place and my dear partner @_NiceKING_ for map testing.

Goals for next version:
[spoiler=Goals]
-Implementing Iroquese;
-Currently, it does only detect vertical spawn position of tc. Horizontal base design is missing.
-Convert few of the current favorite treaty maps into BlitzTreaty.

[/spoiler]

Warning! Iroquese is currently not implemented, so dont pick it!
Attachments
BlitzTreaty3,0.zip
(28.39 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
Blitztreaty_TradeRoute.xs
(74.36 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Blitztreaty_TradeRoute.xml
(518 Bytes) Downloaded 65 times
Blitztreaty_River.xs
(73.28 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Blitztreaty_River.xml
(513 Bytes) Downloaded 67 times
Blitztreaty_Cliff.xs
(77.09 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
Blitztreaty_Cliff.xml
(513 Bytes) Downloaded 64 times
r]
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Re: BlitzTreaty (NR40in10 Scenario as RMS) - 1.0a

Post by Gear_Head »

This is amazing! Will be more than happy to try with mates and give feedback.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Really cool scenario, also great that you can rebuy explorers from TCs now.

But I have a few critique points:

-You get too many cards with every civilisation before the treaty ends, with Japan I believe I got 4 extra cards, with Brits 1, with Russia 2. I don't know how to fix that, but I think dick's scenario was a little more realistic in that aspect, you got like only 1 extra card in most cases
-I played one game with Japan and it took 30 seconds to build the Golden Pavillon while aging up should be instant
-It would be great if there was little more space where you place the pens for sheep between the plantations, probably it's fine right now if you have the rotation mod but not everyone is using it. I had to delete and rebuild a plantation to have enough space for everything
-Some civs start with weird vill counts, I think it were 91 for Russia, 95 for Brits or something and I just saw that Floko got 104 vills with ports somehow: http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... =ZS_Custom

Besides that it's really cool, I appreciate the work, even though booming skills become almost useless now which takes away one of my strenghts :sad:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I picked Iro and it doesn't work!?!?!?!?!? Plz fix!!!!!!!
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

i agree with Lukas but also some civs have weird score differences with their recent boom standart ... like Sioux gets 1800 instead of 2000-2100 and China 2150 instead of like 2300-2350 ... maybe they miss some ress ... and the last Problem i saw also is that the big Buttons don't realize that 30 mins are played
like it was 3 dog soldiers for 1500 f :P
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

and @gibson ... you should click on the "goals" button up in this thread ;)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

FloKo83 Aoe3 wrote:and @gibson ... you should click on the "goals" button up in this thread ;)
it did but okay tell me why!?!
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

FloKo83 Aoe3 wrote:and @gibson ... you should click on the "goals" button up in this thread ;)

HE was trying to be funny
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

sergyou wrote:

HE was trying to be funny
:chinese:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

indeed, trying...

Great work, nice to see such improvements from the previous version!

btw. it's Iroquois :D
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Really cool scenario, also great that you can rebuy explorers from TCs now.

But I have a few critique points:

-You get too many cards with every civilisation before the treaty ends, with Japan I believe I got 4 extra cards, with Brits 1, with Russia 2. I don't know how to fix that, but I think dick's scenario was a little more realistic in that aspect, you got like only 1 extra card in most cases
I cant grant xp as ressource via RMS. My guess is that developers were scared of ppl abusing it to level up fast. In the end there was a workaround with the xp mod anyway. That's why I can only grant shipments itself, which makes it hard to estimate how many shipments you get. Thanks for the info tho!
-I played one game with Japan and it took 30 seconds to build the Golden Pavillon while aging up should be instant
Currently, for some reason wonders to age 3 take longer to build than to any other age. Maybe someone else knows why?
-It would be great if there was little more space where you place the pens for sheep between the plantations, probably it's fine right now if you have the rotation mod but not everyone is using it. I had to delete and rebuild a plantation to have enough space for everything
Its possible without rotation, but yes its not a lot of space. Place the first livestock pen really close to the lower or the upper plantation and then it works.
-Some civs start with weird vill counts, I think it were 91 for Russia, 95 for Brits or something and I just saw that Floko got 104 vills with ports somehow: http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... =ZS_Custom
Thanks. That's what I need :P

Besides that it's really cool, I appreciate the work, even though booming skills become almost useless now which takes away one of my strenghts :sad:
r]
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

FloKo83 Aoe3 wrote:i agree with Lukas but also some civs have weird score differences with their recent boom standart ... like Sioux gets 1800 instead of 2000-2100 and China 2150 instead of like 2300-2350 ... maybe they miss some ress ... and the last Problem i saw also is that the big Buttons don't realize that 30 mins are played

Whoops! Forgot about the big buttons :D
r]
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Nice job and thanks for doing this!

By the way for Sioux, I disabled the big button tech in the TC, and I used a trigger to spawn 10 dog soldiers nine minutes into the game. That way Sioux could still have their 10 dog soldier army when treaty ends (the TC big button tech requires 30 minutes before its full effect is reached). Edit: Oh I didn't scroll up, it was already mentioned
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

FloKo83 Aoe3 wrote:i agree with Lukas but also some civs have weird score differences with their recent boom standart ... like Sioux gets 1800 instead of 2000-2100 and China 2150 instead of like 2300-2350 ... maybe they miss some ress ... and the last Problem i saw also is that the big Buttons don't realize that 30 mins are played

In what universe does Sioux hit 2000-2100? Maybe if you whore food...
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
Norway NoName
Crossbow
ESO: InsertESOUserName

Post by NoName »

Tested it only a few times so far, and noticed the game go out of sync whenever I tried to build a wounder, 3 times in total. Not sure if this is caused by only me downloading and place the files inside RM3 folder, while the other just joined my lobby and started it. It was on blizzriver map.

Also china start out with 89 vills and I would give them 9 shipments start, as i've normally always got 9 shipments at 30th minute in treaty with them
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

NoName wrote:Tested it only a few times so far, and noticed the game go out of sync whenever I tried to build a wounder, 3 times in total. Not sure if this is caused by only me downloading and place the files inside RM3 folder, while the other just joined my lobby and started it. It was on blizzriver map.
oos only occured to me when I accidently had the files in both rm3 folders, mydocuments/mygames/aoe3/bin/rm3 and local drive/program files x86/aoe3/bin/rm3. If thats your issue, then just delete the maps from your local drive rm3 folder :flowers:
Else, I dont know whats causing the issue, since I and other players tried out tad civs too and it never caused oos.

Also china start out with 89 vills and I would give them 9 shipments start, as i've normally always got 9 shipments at 30th minute in treaty with them
china starts with 89 vills, because, on the tp patch, the vill wonder gives you max 10 vills from age3 to age4. Afterwards it grants 0 vills :).
r]
Norway NoName
Crossbow
ESO: InsertESOUserName

Post by NoName »

Yeah i probably goth them both in installation folder and documents folder. Just thought it would work add them to RM3 folder in installation place, but had to put in documents to work (might be worth to mention place them inside my douments and RM3 folder on your window users administator account if you launch it as admin anyway). Ill take a look on it and delete them from installation folder RM3 and see how it works out. Anyw
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

I don't understand why you think that Sioux can't reach 2100 @dicktator_ ... on the patch 2000+ is always possible with 4 huntss and mines tho ...
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

FloKo83 Aoe3 wrote:I don't understand why you think that Sioux can't reach 2100 @dicktator_ ... on the patch 2000+ is always possible with 4 huntss and mines tho ...

Not if you gather a proper amount of coin. Keep in mind a correct Sioux boom involves 55-60 vills on plantations.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Version 2.0a!

Patch notes:
- proper xp for each civ
- India: Center rice paddy removed for karni mata and more start ressources
- Sioux: slightly more ressources
- Otto slightly more ressources
- longer instant research rate (from 2mins to 4mins)
- Fixed amount of starting vills for some civs
Attachments
AllFiles2,0.zip
(26.29 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
r]
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Re: BlitzTreaty (NR40in10 Scenario as RMS) - 2.0a

Post by ocemilky »

I might just be bad but I think Dutch need an extra plantation to start and more wood. After all upgrades and making some military buildings I was buying from market - before 10 min was even over. This with facs on wood the whole time
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

ocemilky wrote:I might just be bad but I think Dutch need an extra plantation to start and more wood. After all upgrades and making some military buildings I was buying from market - before 10 min was even over. This with facs on wood the whole time

Blame noobtator. I just took over his ressource numbers. :dry:
r]
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

I think Port also needs more wood to start, and a bit more coin too. Atm i have almost the double amount of food as i have coin after i've made my army and uppgrades. I also need to put vills to wood just to be able to get all upgrades done.
Imo you should only need to put vills on wood if you plan on using nats, otherwise fackt + starting wood should be all you need.
Also, Port lacks 1 card when fight starts, maybe almost 2.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

martinspjuth wrote:I think Port also needs more wood to start, and a bit more coin too. Atm i have almost the double amount of food as i have coin after i've made my army and uppgrades. I also need to put vills to wood just to be able to get all upgrades done.
Imo you should only need to put vills on wood if you plan on using nats, otherwise fackt + starting wood should be all you need.
Also, Port lacks 1 card when fight starts, maybe almost 2.

Yeah. Its a common problem in nr40in10 that there is too few wood in the beginning. I will change that.
Alright. Port is going to get some more xp
r]
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

IDK why, XP seemed to be fine in the scenario, but in the RMS people are consistently a shipment or two behind. Maybe plantation/mill/vill placements don't grant XP in the RMS. Also in my scenario I usually spawned a handful of vills near trees, I noticed in the RMS all the vills spawn next to mills and plants (though I probably messed up with low wood starts also). Some other notes:

-Otto score seems really low. In my scenario I would grant ~20k food (I don't remember the exact amount) after the trade card was sent, IDK if that happens in the RMS or not.
-Germany can get 100 vills by overpopping through the industrial politician. Also, they start with 18 SW (this goes up to 19 with politician), eliminating the need to send Germantown farmers.