Spain: Musketeer or Skimishers?

Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Re: Spain: Musketeer or Skimishers?

Post by Lukas_L99 »

yurashic wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Well yeah that church up is worth it for sure, in treaty speed for units with range barely matters (it's not like they have 1 speed, just 20%(?) less). Also keep in mind that most treaty games are played on Andes where the incan upgrade gives infantry 20% speed so british muskets will be back at 4 speed.

Speed is the most important stat in the game. The faster your units arrive, the more army you have out at the same time, so the more efficient you trade.

Your units probably have to walk 1-2 seconds from the barracks to the fight, it really makes no difference if they have 4,4 or 4 speed
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
yurashic wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Well yeah that church up is worth it for sure, in treaty speed for units with range barely matters (it's not like they have 1 speed, just 20%(?) less). Also keep in mind that most treaty games are played on Andes where the incan upgrade gives infantry 20% speed so british muskets will be back at 4 speed.

Speed is the most important stat in the game. The faster your units arrive, the more army you have out at the same time, so the more efficient you trade.

Your units probably have to walk 1-2 seconds from the barracks to the fight, it really makes no difference if they have 4,4 or 4 speed

3.4 actually.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Don't forget Incas upgrade that makes infantry move 20% faster
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

_NiceKING_ wrote:Don't forget Incas upgrade that makes infantry move 20% faster

Ok, 4.2 vs 5.2
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

yurashic wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:Don't forget Incas upgrade that makes infantry move 20% faster

Ok, 4.2 vs 5.2

Yeah it's not a big deal. If you play a brit mirror with one using the church upgrade and the other one not using it, the one with 405 HP musks will win
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

In nats on Andes (which is where most Spain games are played anyway) I would just never use musks or goon because rods synergize better with lancer/nat/skirm. And you won't really need more than 5-10 rods usually once you have both nats up, and once you have the inf 10 rod shipment coming you usually won't have to make a single rod. Off Andes/nats I still don't make musk but I upgrade goon and use them to cover flanks. Usually I upgrade rod over musk because of the inf 10 rod shipment so I end up never making musk.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

yurashic wrote:

Speed is more important for rush than for treaty, because reinforcing distances are much longer + kiting is a factor in rush. In TR, any ranged units' purpose is to sit in one place and deal/absorb damage for almost the entire time it'll be alive, thus making combat stats more important than speed.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
ESO: dthrill

Post by dthrill_08 »

I agree, speed is important but so is HP. Having a 400+ HP Musk is a great thing.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Because of how much better rods are on vanilla (13 base attack compared to 10), I would most likely just make skirms as the rods will probably be enough vs. cav.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.