wall glitch... How to take down walls fast!

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

wall glitch... How to take down walls fast!

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Well here is a little tip about wall glitches. You see if you start to take out a wall and destroy it, you will take out 1 post and 2 segments, or 1 segment and 2 post. So attacking the post yields a bigger wall hole than clicking on a segment. BUT.... with the glitch if before that segment goes down you attack the adjoining full health wall segment then it will go down to the lowest segments health. So a very wide gap can be made in walls pretty quickly if exploiting this mechanic.

basically just run your army up to walls to start to siege the center where u want to get in, then spread out siege to ends etc...
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Re: wall glitch... How to take down walls fast!

Post by Gichtenlord »

Imma call you the living internet explorer.
r]
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

ok, thanks
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I am surprised no one finds this interesting. basically you can drag out your damages of one wall down the line.

In practice I just send all my unit army men to the walls to siege at different points. then I some in with siege ele (or morts) and shoot some rounds off and soon enough a really big line goes down.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I am surprised no one finds this interesting. basically you can drag out your damages of one wall down the line.

In practice I just send all my unit army men to the walls to siege at different points. then I some in with siege ele (or morts) and shoot some rounds off and soon enough a really big line goes down.

Maybe some people just don't understand :hmm:
Upload a video tutorial!
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

I think it's more that people already know about it. Especially treaty players, they delete the segments for this very reason...
oranges.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

no we delete them to save 500 wood...basically a free artfoundry and a barracks :p
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Which is so significant in treaty! :hehe:
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

What Howling described has very little to do with deleting pillars. The "glitch" he describes is in effect no matter if there are pillars present or not, as long as the segments are in touch with each other. This glitch i think very few know about.

That you should attack pillars in walls, if they exist, to get a bigger hole, i think almost all pr20+ players knows. i.e the glitch and this is not the same thing. (But can be combined for maximum damage at walls).

Would probably be good with a video tutorial, as _NiceKING_ said, for people to understand.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yeah i wish i were adept at making vids. you got it martin.

deleting pillars really almost makes it worse for this because it will be easier to make bigger holes faster.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

aiz knew that, he doesnt want other ppl to know about this trick cause then he cant use it anymore
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I have been using this recently to take down a lot of wall fast. trying to go for screen sized holes in walls. I basically just set my units to attack all along the walls then set my 3 siege eles to either target the center down or separate targets. Mastering this will be quite OP.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Well if treaty players didn't know this after all then I'm shaking my head... you spend more time building and destroying walls than anyone else. +surely some of you will have seen it being done on my stream? Plz?
oranges.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Aizamk wrote:Well if treaty players didn't know this after all then I'm shaking my head... you spend more time building and destroying walls than anyone else. +surely some of you will have seen it being done on my stream? Plz?

All their extra iq is wasted :,(
Canada nilfixs
Crossbow

Post by nilfixs »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjJ5e6RICuQ mongo10 vs Kaiserklein skip to 1:19:20 is this the wall glitch?
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

another pro tip is using petards or grenadiers
Norway NoName
Crossbow
ESO: InsertESOUserName

Post by NoName »

nilfixs wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjJ5e6RICuQ mongo10 vs Kaiserklein skip to 1:19:20 is this the wall glitch?

Yes thats the glitch, and it's obv at the ~1:19:55 if you watched from the time you stated
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Well at this video we can see... who is a tr player and who not :D

If you build good walls you have no glitch but they need to be perfect
shit juice :hmm:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's not even a glitch tbh, just how walls work. The wall next to the one you attack always takes some damage if they touch each other. So if you don't delete the pillars, it will always happen. If you delete the pillars, you need to have a small hole betwen your 2 walls, then they don't touch each other and the "glitch" doesn't happen. But obviously the hole needs to be small enough, so that units can't go through, so it's really hard to do (probs not worth the time invested to try and perform that one).

So when you siege, if you pay attention, you can just destroy a bunch of walls segments really fast. I did that in this video, and basically halved the time I needed to siege (took down second wall and first wall at the same time), and also potentially prevented mongo from adding a 3rd layer of walls. It's a really good trick. Sadly didn't matter because of how shit I played
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's not even a glitch tbh, just how walls work. The wall next to the one you attack always takes some damage if they touch each other. So if you don't delete the pillars, it will always happen. If you delete the pillars, you need to have a small hole betwen your 2 walls, then they don't touch each other and the "glitch" doesn't happen. But obviously the hole needs to be small enough, so that units can't go through, so it's really hard to do (probs not worth the time invested to try and perform that one).

So when you siege, if you pay attention, you can just destroy a bunch of walls segments really fast. I did that in this video, and basically halved the time I needed to siege (took down second wall and first wall at the same time), and also potentially prevented mongo from adding a 3rd layer of walls. It's a really good trick. Sadly didn't matter because of how shit I played

Yeah bc you are just BAD BAD BAD
shit juice :hmm:
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Kaiserklein wrote:Sadly didn't matter because of how shit I played

I would insult you more but today is special day so you are safe
oranges.
Norway NoName
Crossbow
ESO: InsertESOUserName

Post by NoName »

Kaiserklein wrote:It's not even a glitch tbh, just how walls work. The wall next to the one you attack always takes some damage if they touch each other. So if you don't delete the pillars, it will always happen.

The part with give damage to the connecting wall segments, is clearly intended. Now you can argue/discuss if it's intended that when you siege connecting wall segment that isn't damaged/more HP than the one connected to it, that segment drops down to same HP as the connecting low hp wall. Just a result of how they designed wall damage and transfer, but I highly doubt it was intended by the devs that starting to siege on the non damaged wall segment connected to a damaged one, drops to the connecting segments HP.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

NoName wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:It's not even a glitch tbh, just how walls work. The wall next to the one you attack always takes some damage if they touch each other. So if you don't delete the pillars, it will always happen.

The part with give damage to the connecting wall segments, is clearly intended. Now you can argue/discuss if it's intended that when you siege connecting wall segment that isn't damaged/more HP than the one connected to it, that segment drops down to same HP as the connecting low hp wall. Just a result of how they designed wall damage and transfer, but I highly doubt it was intended by the devs that starting to siege on the non damaged wall segment connected to a damaged one, drops to the connecting segments HP.

yeah! did the intend for a skirmisher to do 7499 in siege damage? or more in some cases..... if micro with mastery this could be game changing for some players.

I think they just allowed it and thought it wouldn't make a difference and I guess they were right, considering... there is way more to consider,,and the game is only alive in our mouses buttons.

but for some now I hope it helps them get through wall spam. Because anything over 3-4 layers won't easily broken through by most civs and players, and they tend to over extend themselves having to start over or fight in narrows. But if you are more patient and make bigger holes and build up, then it seems easier to get to victory. They built a mass of walls for a reason.

for now

Good luck and Good Gaming.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well yeah I guess that the part where wall segments get the same hp as their neighbors in 1 hit is a glitch
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..