German vs French (Nilla)

United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
ESO: dthrill

German vs French (Nilla)

Post by dthrill_08 »

Yesterday I was doing a 3vs3 and I was matched up against a rival of mine which he used his French and I used German. We both did Settler glitch. I had 32 SettlerWagon! When the match started, I deleted villies up until 55 or so (32 wagons and rest villies). He kept draining my score. His Genderm would just shit on my Wagons. My Uhlans would die before getting to his skims and his skims had 288 hp vs my 277. How, why? I thought Dutch and German are strong against French. I fought him with Dutch a few days prior and even worse. Now, I am not the worst player and maybe he simply is better than me. Which is fine. But I was wondering if I should use the German Church upgrade vs French since Dopps move 20% faster and gain 10% HP. Is this viable? I have all 3 cavalry upgrades. Maybe I should remove the HP calvary and add Dopps HP+Att upgrade.

In the same battle my partner was using Port and man he did great against German. I should start using Port lol.
Singapore _milku
Crossbow
ESO: milku3459

Re: German vs French (Nilla)

Post by _milku »

dthrill_08 wrote:Yesterday I was doing a 3vs3 and I was matched up against a rival of mine which he used his French and I used German. We both did Settler glitch. I had 32 SettlerWagon! When the match started, I deleted villies up until 55 or so (32 wagons and rest villies). He kept draining my score. His Genderm would just shit on my Wagons. My Uhlans would die before getting to his skims and his skims had 288 hp vs my 277. How, why? I thought Dutch and German are strong against French. I fought him with Dutch a few days prior and even worse. Now, I am not the worst player and maybe he simply is better than me. Which is fine. But I was wondering if I should use the German Church upgrade vs French since Dopps move 20% faster and gain 10% HP. Is this viable? I have all 3 cavalry upgrades. Maybe I should remove the HP calvary and add Dopps HP+Att upgrade.

In the same battle my partner was using Port and man he did great against German. I should start using Port lol.

hey fellow vanilla pro here
What's this settler glitch?
Gendarme definitely kill wagons
France has skirm ups (I think) while Germany has dopp and cav cards. Germany has one card that affects skirm and xbow hp in IV.
German advanced church is not viable, you don't want your units to cost, more especially expensive German units.
Is this TR or SUP? In Sup dopps and dopp ups not viable unless you're planning to colonial or German mirror. In TR dopps are very useful.
In Sup, if you get to Age V with France you die. Simple.
Musketeer

Post by dthrill_08 »

_milku wrote:
hey fellow vanilla pro here
What's this settler glitch?
Gendarme definitely kill wagons
France has skirm ups (I think) while Germany has dopp and cav cards. Germany has one card that affects skirm and xbow hp in IV.
German advanced church is not viable, you don't want your units to cost, more especially expensive German units.
Is this TR or SUP? In Sup dopps and dopp ups not viable unless you're planning to colonial or German mirror. In TR dopps are very useful.
In Sup, if you get to Age V with France you die. Simple.

thanks for your reply. The Settler Wagon (Settler) glitch only works in Vanilla and you need settler cards. French get to 94 Villagers. The church card costing more doesn't matter because I get a ton of resources and I usually play nr50-60 where I have like 170k food and coin will never run out (32 wagons ftw!). I do get a Skim HP card which is a team card. I am thinking about dropping all the cavalry upgrade cards and using Drop upgrades instead. I have 3 Settler Wagon cards which I can't drop because 32 wagons is better than 20 lol.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I think the glitch is you can still send sw cards even when you have 20 sw
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

^ it's the case with all vill cards
Singapore _milku
Crossbow
ESO: milku3459

Post by _milku »

oh is it don thrilla
Musketeer

Post by dthrill_08 »

pecelot wrote:^ it's the case with all vill cards

Exactly. I still haven't mastered it yet tho. I hate all these noobs playing with french. They use the glitch and get 94 villies plus the church card! that is some bs!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You can always try it out in single-player mode, I guess you send those cards after you reached your vill limit or something :?
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

pecelot wrote:You can always try it out in single-player mode, I guess you send those cards after you reached your vill limit or something :?

It's a glitch that nilla scrubs use in TR. If you have all vills to the max in queue you can still send villager shipments. You do this in transition to imperial to send vill shipments again after you reach imperial. The tricky part is that your vills in queue have to finish training before cards arrive, otherwise they will be stuck.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

dthrill_08 wrote:Yesterday I was doing a 3vs3 and I was matched up against a rival of mine which he used his French and I used German. We both did Settler glitch. I had 32 SettlerWagon! When the match started, I deleted villies up until 55 or so (32 wagons and rest villies). He kept draining my score. His Genderm would just shit on my Wagons. My Uhlans would die before getting to his skims and his skims had 288 hp vs my 277. How, why? I thought Dutch and German are strong against French. I fought him with Dutch a few days prior and even worse. Now, I am not the worst player and maybe he simply is better than me. Which is fine. But I was wondering if I should use the German Church upgrade vs French since Dopps move 20% faster and gain 10% HP. Is this viable? I have all 3 cavalry upgrades. Maybe I should remove the HP calvary and add Dopps HP+Att upgrade.

Dopps + War wagons must do it with upgrades from aresnal+cards atleast you will be able to compete with gendarmes with that combo and take out his stable and army supply using mortars ,try and see if it works .
:nwc:
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

People always pretend that all France has are Gendarmes.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Challenger_Marco wrote:

Dopps + War wagons must do it with upgrades from aresnal+cards atleast you will be able to compete with gendarmes with that combo and take out his stable and army supply using mortars ,try and see if it works .

And the reason for the diff in HP is that for French the special units are skrims and gendarmes so they have high hp ,but for germans special units are uhlan and dopps so they get bonus every civilisation special units have bonus u can know the special units easily if the upgrade costs like 1k wood and gold in age IV then they r special.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Dutch loses to France in Nilla NR60, but Germany should beat France. 32 wagons sounds like overkill, I was doing 26 in the tournament. I think I was using the extra slot for the explorer combat/dog card, I consider it essential with civs that have cards to spare because of how much it tanks. As for fighting France can match military but Germany has a way bigger bank which lets them delete more. Assuming you follow the NR60 meta of making 8 HM walls, what you should do is stay high on vills at first, then start deleting vills when walls start getting cleared. Eventually you should be at no more than ~10 vills (+ sw). Pure skirm ww will lose to skirm gend, but uhlan/ww can overrun gend. You can also make 2 raxes separate from your main group of raxes and use those to make dops. Whether you even need culvs is on the fence, since on GP nilla (with nat techs that buff cav, and no rewalling rule) it's really easy to snipe art with uhlan/ww, but VS a good player I would play safe and make culvs. Other than that just have smart positioning and stay full pop.

Damn there was a great example of this matchup will killsterds Germany beat sabusa France but I guess it wasn't recorded.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Musketeer

Post by dthrill_08 »

dicktator_ wrote:Dutch loses to France in Nilla NR60, but Germany should beat France. 32 wagons sounds like overkill, I was doing 26 in the tournament. I think I was using the extra slot for the explorer combat/dog card, I consider it essential with civs that have cards to spare because of how much it tanks. As for fighting France can match military but Germany has a way bigger bank which lets them delete more. Assuming you follow the NR60 meta of making 8 HM walls, what you should do is stay high on vills at first, then start deleting vills when walls start getting cleared. Eventually you should be at no more than ~10 vills (+ sw). Pure skirm ww will lose to skirm gend, but uhlan/ww can overrun gend. You can also make 2 raxes separate from your main group of raxes and use those to make dops. Whether you even need culvs is on the fence, since on GP nilla (with nat techs that buff cav, and no rewalling rule) it's really easy to snipe art with uhlan/ww, but VS a good player I would play safe and make culvs. Other than that just have smart positioning and stay full pop.

Damn there was a great example of this matchup will killsterds Germany beat sabusa France but I guess it wasn't recorded.

That is why I was considering using the church upgrade to make Dopps 20% faster and 10% Hp increase. His Skimishers would wreck my Dopps before they got to his Genderms. Also, I was trying to flank his SKims with my Uhlans but he kept mowing them down with Skimishers. I played with Ottoman last night and noticed that Hussar's move more swiftly and hit target quicker than Uhlan. I dont know why but I felt my Uhlan would just be slacking.
Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

Challenger_Marco wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:

And the reason for the diff in HP is that for French the special units are skrims and gendarmes so they have high hp ,but for germans special units are uhlan and dopps so they get bonus every civilisation special units have bonus u can know the special units easily if the upgrade costs like 1k wood and gold in age IV then they r special.

Aren't Skirms also a special unit for Germany? :hmm:
Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Musketeer

Post by dthrill_08 »

[/quote]
And the reason for the diff in HP is that for French the special units are skrims and gendarmes so they have high hp ,but for germans special units are uhlan and dopps so they get bonus every civilisation special units have bonus u can know the special units easily if the upgrade costs like 1k wood and gold in age IV then they r special.[/quote]

Aren't Skirms also a special unit for Germany? :hmm:[/quote]

They are. I don't know why his was stronger tho.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

france got some cards that upgrade skirms
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

tedere12 wrote:france got some cards that upgrade skirms

Yh absolutely.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

DerMaxinator wrote:
Challenger_Marco[quote="dthrill_08 wrote:Yesterday I was doing a 3vs3 and I was matched up against a rival of mine which he used his French and I used German. We both did Settler glitch. I had 32 SettlerWagon! When the match started, I deleted villies up until 55 or so (32 wagons and rest villies). He kept draining my score. His Genderm would just shit on my Wagons. My Uhlans would die before getting to his skims and his skims had 288 hp vs my 277. How, why? I thought Dutch and German are strong against French. I fought him with Dutch a few days prior and even worse. Now, I am not the worst player and maybe he simply is better than me. Which is fine. But I was wondering if I should use the German Church upgrade vs French since Dopps move 20% faster and gain 10% HP. Is this viable? I have all 3 cavalry upgrades. Maybe I should remove the HP calvary and add Dopps HP+Att upgrade.

And the reason for the diff in HP is that for French the special units are skrims and gendarmes so they have high hp ,but for germans special units are uhlan and dopps so they get bonus every civilisation special units have bonus u can know the special units easily if the upgrade costs like 1k wood and gold in age IV then they r special.[/quote]

Aren't Skirms also a special unit for Germany? :hmm:[/quote]
Hmm oh yeah I forgot about it long time since I played them sorry don't remember the special units I thought it maybe because of that anyway...ty
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

To clear up: both French and German Skirmishers have Royal Guard upgrades, making them equal in skill in the Industrial Age, without any cards:

The French have access to the following home-city shipments: Wilderness Warfare (20-% HP boost, 10-% on vanilla), TEAM Ranged Infantry Attack (15-% attack boost, 10-% on vanilla) and Long-range Infantry Hitpoints (15-% HP boost, 10-% on vanilla). The Germans, on the other hand, can ship only the last one. Fully-upgraded units are presented below:

Germany DerMaxinator
Dragoon
ESO: DerMax

Post by DerMaxinator »

pecelot wrote:To clear up: both French and German Skirmishers have Royal Guard upgrades, making them equal in skill in the Industrial Age, without any cards:

The French have access to the following home-city shipments: Wilderness Warfare (20-% HP boost, 10-% on vanilla), TEAM Ranged Infantry Attack (15-% attack boost, 10-% on vanilla) and Long-range Infantry Hitpoints (15-% HP boost, 10-% on vanilla). The Germans, on the other hand, can ship only the last one. Fully-upgraded units are presented below:

Ain't no skills in makin' vills
Musketeer

Post by dthrill_08 »

Fully upgraded with other team cards? I have never seen a French Skimisher with 300 hp. I have seen my German one with 277 sometimes 288. The same rule applies to British and Port Muskateer. I think the British one can have more hp (410?) whereas the Port only 365.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Yeah it's because of the card upgrades u get u check it out yourself offline by using cheats and get to age V and type nova & Orion and check it out.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Team cards are obviously not taken into account when presenting a fully-upgraded units.
dthrill_08 wrote:I have never seen a French Skimisher with 300 hp.

That's most likely because you seem to be playing mainly vanilla. Like I wrote, unit upgrades there are weaker in effect.
Musketeer

Post by dthrill_08 »

pecelot wrote:Team cards are obviously not taken into account when presenting a fully-upgraded units.
dthrill_08 wrote:I have never seen a French Skimisher with 300 hp.

That's most likely because you seem to be playing mainly vanilla. Like I wrote, unit upgrades there are weaker in effect.

I think it's time I go play TAD. I just hate the way treaty is set up. Do people do NR 60 but treaty at 30 minutes ? that was we can build correct walls and bases?