suestionQ

No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

suestionQ

Post by agentyoyo »

How are Aztecs right now, and with no patch? Are they competitive, or do you have to be considerably better than your opponent to win?
What about these updates;
skirm buff- hp or high att (or range with decrease att)
mort/culv buff- reduce pop to 1 (rate or damage to skirm)
Jaguar Knight buff- resistance to range attacks
Coyote buff- speed or give dodge ability or do the buff below
some/certain unit buff- speed, a melee unit with increased combat against heavy infantry and cav(close to equal combat ability vs Hinfantry and Lcav, skirmisher still high and Hcav lower depending on unit buffing: Puma or Coyote)
Eagle Runner Knight buff- range to equal or be better than skirm, add tactic options to throw short range(faster rate), and at max range(longer than short range rate)
Camouflage buff- speed decrease removed

Any help finding good balanced created civs to use online?
How can I make a civ to use online? If I can't can i or otheres ask for things they would want in a civ to be created for online use?

I would be thankful for more Aztec and Brit (classic and different-still-competive strats) treaty.

So. What if you ask your tm to delete 20(?) or 40 vills, to make military that will fight for you. You would feed in response and need a card for reduced trade rate. More for Captains and lower. Good Idea, probably difficult to do? Could help lesser skilled players, civ mus and make accepting aoe3 less of a mountain?

Heres some info for you to use. Im a rookie, with 40w%, but i do still hold the start fight, I make 40-49 of my vills w Estates. I dont build or gather wood for tcs. A luxury, wild goal is to delete 50-20 (number of manors, remake w 1 cycle) vills for beginning period. I dont use the church card, and I dont use team fatten faster. I use nats, and South Sea Bubble. I plan on using alot more artillery in my composition as my main strategy soon. I put everyone on coin, and (for me) believe once a vill is sent to mill, except when you are winning against a draining strat or push, it is a accurate assessment (me as brit) of the fight-I'm losing hard, too much, out matched/thought, gotta adjust military and tactic. I also do the no-no of sending all eco cards last and cow and gather cow first.

P.S. Blitz Treaty is f awesome. IDK I think it needs more publicity, so it becomes well known or even just known. I rarely see it hosted. Base Defense is awesome too, I havent played it in a long time, but they could be tools to teach and grow players.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Re: suestionQ

Post by Lukas_L99 »

The current state of Aztecs on both RE and the TP: On RE Aztecs are a little worse cause maces have lower range, only x2 vs HI and cost wood. But at least your War Chief has the cover mode and your infinite coin shipment is 1000 coin instead of 800 like on the TP. They're decent on the TP I'd say and a little bad on RE (depending on your opponent's civ and the map).

Why would you like to see these changes to skirms, morts and culvs? It would reset almost everything we have done for balancing and the metagame would change completely as well.

Giving jaguar prowl knights ranged resistance is an interesting idea, same goes for a buff of coyotes. But aztecs just aren't that popular cause all you have to do vs them is sit in walls and towers, it's very boring to play against them. So it's really hard to find a balance there between the civ being way too weak or way too good.

I would also like to see more people play Brits for example, but they're the hardest euro civ to play and many players don't feel like cowing I guess. Aztecs are a fun civ to play but not to play against, for the reasons I already mentioned above.

Regarding your strategy using estates: I guess it's a fun thing to delete a larger number of vills to have a bigger army and being able to vill up with one batch again. The biggest problem I see here are 20 pop being blocked for like 45 seconds (idk how fast vills are trained with estates, but I think its much slower than in TCs). Rather just delete 20 vills if you got the resources and APM to queue up 3 vills in your TCs again and again. That way you only have 3 pop blocked at a time, much better than 20.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Can we start putting the actual question or at least something related in the title?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Can we start putting the actual question or at least something related in the title?
go to sleep mr bramboy ur drunk

User was warned for this post.
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

Just ideas, wanted to know if they were any good. I may of been trying to make them similar to "euro vs euro" mus, in the skirm vs skirm war and the culv war in that it is easier than "aztec skirm vs euro skirm". And the same with making it easier when arrow knights are out, what if they were easier to use them bc you could have more or less(1 pop). I thought it might help vs artillery, walls, finishing fight? Yeah I see what your saying, no disrespect intended.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

gibson wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Can we start putting the actual question or at least something related in the title?

I actually nearly fell of my chair while reading you got warned for this
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Not just for this, but let's not veer away from a subject that seems informative and helpful. If you have any concerns, go to the Small Claims Court sub-forum. :flowers:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
gibson wrote:

As pecelot says, let's not go off topic from this point on but I'd like to add that he was warned for repetitive off topic posting and shitposting (which I am doing right now, ironically), not for insulting me.
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
gibson wrote:

hey you alright mate? hope you didn't get hurt :flowers:
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:...for repetitive off topic posting and shitposting...

holy shit if thats a thing .. i dont even know if i ever made a constructive non-shit on-topic post, like, ever..
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

Thing is you don't post to annoy people.