It could be the best wall for nr 55 ? XD

India guyshir
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: guyshir

Re: It could be the best wall for nr 55 ? XD

Post by guyshir »

pecelot wrote:But can't you slowly siege it down? It's impossible to find good paths in those labyrinths for the defender, too.

Sieging time is too much longer than build time. Another reason it gets annoying is that your units have to walk till arena. :cry:

sc wrote:Not sure if I'm missing a reference or something, but this is REALLY bad for the defender. Mortar splash dmg will wreck nearby units. I know this is the case for units next to walls being mortared. I'm not 100% about splash dmg from pillars, but I assume it's the same case as with walls.

Really bad for pathing, really bad for defender misclicking, really bad for splash dmg. Only upside as far as I can tell is that it will force attacker to clear pillars before being able to make an advancing forward base, and in that case, you are basically preparing to fail rather then focus on holding your ground and/or pushing.

If I;m missing something, please enlighten me :P

Splash damage is only under the walls. :cry: . As you mentioned, it is more annoying for defender to micro, and its true, the best thing is the satisfaction that he won't push. Always comes handy, as pull back for you is so easy but not for them.

Some tricks I have tried and somehow works on this strategy (thanks to @Acolyte :hehe: )
1. Move you culv up and back, and on sides too, exploit the open space. This will make opponent culvs take a longer path, or sometimes will just walk out and wont get shots. Annoying for them, just a matter of click for you.
2. Make 3 mortars on 3 sides, and siege 3 different pillars. It is a long fight, after 3-4 minutes you will see pillars slowly decreasing. :lol:
3. Use more of horse artillery/heavy cannon to kills units.
4. Atleast have 10+ hand cav on opponent for meat shields and get culv if they come out, bonus. When pillars are reducing, they just wreck light inf also forces them to be offensive which they unfortunately can't due to pillars.
5. Always kill the vil who is trying to build (this is where hand cav comes very handy)
6. Always keep explorer in front of your army to tank shots.

Usually, if you know something like this is coming, play german, and have 119 vils for most game, camp with good art micro, once you hit a good score, you can always all delete vils and push with 160 pop, that is actually a lot, and op if you have nats as well.

If your push fails you lose, atleast better than playing nr24hrs as @Hazza54321 said. :flowers:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

queenofdestiny wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:get off kaisers account queen

Get a girlfriend

I do thank you for your concern
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Jakey has me.
Pay more attention to detail.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

and acolyte and me
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

well... im his real gf i going to leave kaiser
shit juice :hmm:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

queenofdestiny wrote:well... im his real gf i going to leave kaiser

Smartest thing youve said all year
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

queenofdestiny wrote:well... im his real gf i going to leave kaiser

damn, somoene should make an aoe3 glossy so we can keep up with all this juicy gossip about our esoc celebs! we need some pictures of @Mr_Bramboy bramboner drunk in the club with a ****** on each shoulda, and @WickedCossack wickerbasketcossack cycling for 50k just to pick up his "medicinal" greens, and ofcourse the nighly debauchery of h2o, samwizzle and bsop, who are actually best friends for life.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

And you, fighting for Viet Cong :!: