Noob/Pro Tips On Booming

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Noob/Pro Tips On Booming

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

I often see people not booming up to their full potential and I feel the urge to point out their errors. Now I'm not saying I'm Dicktator or anything, but I feel people need to know more of the basics. Here is a run through of some common errors people do.

Understand your Boom and Villager Distribution

This is a critical step which most people don't use. For instance for Portugal the objective is very clear; get those TC's out asap! However it is not so simple. You should understand what to gather as well to achieve that. You need: vill distribution, around 3 villagers maximum on wood/coin throughout discovery to get Hunting Dogs and Placer Mines. You should get Hunting Dogs ASAP, but get placer mines in transition. As such you need to adjust those 3 vills on coin/wood depending on your crates etc.

Remember, use your crates well! Food crates not only give you free villagers at the start, but time. You can usually send 3 villagers to food at the very start and that you can get like 4 or 5 villagers from the crates. Use this time to chop some wood and get the coin while you don't need to hunt to continue vill production. Keep some initial villagers on food as you need to have just enough to continue production. You can perfect this technique to get market upgrades way before other players and in my opinion, this is the most important part. When you finish getting hunting dogs it's equivalent to one vill and if you have that one vill before everyone else - great success! This is very important especially in a mirror.

Now back to the Portugese. A lot of people assume that it's simply getting those TCs quickly. For a correct Portugese boom you need to understand that not only do Portugese get vills absurdly quickly - but they also gather food quickly too. They also are often the first civ to Imperial - they age quickly. This means you should get out your factories the fastest as well. Timing with Portugese makes the boom the most efficient. If you time well you can get at least 200 more points out - even with low apm.

As you are booming think why you are doing what you are doing. In some guides for instance you need to send Refrigeration early on. I don't because I have already researched steel traps - I gather food a lot faster than I gather coin. It's very important in Treaty not to overgather. So I send the coin counterpart upgrade instead of Refrigeration. This means I can gather coin faster - what I need to achieve the next age (industrial) the fastest. This results in my factories being out earlier and hence having a better economy. Remember factories are like 15 vills equivalent so get them out ASAP. I often save shipments - especially for French when you can seemingly have another card to spare for both food and gold upgrades from the Home City, It's better to just get the gold upgrade and get 2 factories at once.

Gather the resource you need!

I see people doing this all too much. This occurs most often in transition to Imperial. People often chuck their factories on wood - cause thats how most of them should be throughout the rest of the game. This is a mistake. Quite often on maps like Orinoco - or if you are Otto, you don't have the resources available quickly for the important upgrades. This includes mills and plantations - which you should often build depending on your macro in transition and upgrade ASAP. It's much better to gather the resources you need for each upgrade as you go to get the gathering upgrades ASAP, rather than waiting till you have the resources available. This in part relates to villager distribution but is different in that you should be macroing your buildings as well. It really affects the whole boom, i.e. as British you should get your pens down ASAP (but ofc keep building manors - it takes practice). Learn the upgrades you need at the time as well. For instance you should get mercantilism just after you click on age-up to Imperial. It's proven from supremacy that XP you should get earlier, the more shipments you will get. Destroy treasure guardians as well on your side of the map as they give you XP as well. Remember don't go on mills ASAP just because it's the fastest resource and makes your score bigger - save your e-penis for when you win! You need unit upgrades once you have sorted out your economy, and the only resources you need for those are wood and gold! Especially in NR55 I usually get a max of 2 mills to keep villager production and the rest on wood or adapting to plantations, up to the maximum of my macro. This allows me to time the unit upgrades in a steady stream with no idle time - idle time on upgrades is just as important as TC idle time.

Some basic points cause I am tired now of blabbing on
- Herd early on unless you need to age ASAP
- Herd more than you need to
- Spread out vills on resources - 2 per hunt, and around 8-10 per mine. Never saturate a resource because it means more walking time
- Never have TC idle time unless done. Don't delete a vill and always queue at least 1 villager. You can always delete from queue to age but you can't get back the time on a vill production already started. This can make or break a boom.
- Don't get housed, always monitor your population.
- Don't steal other players resource! Players often have 1 TC hunt, one close hunt and then take one or two far away hunts. Don't just take the closest resource unless it is wood. Remember your team's boom is just as important as yours, you win or lose as a team.
- Trade if possible, especially if it is wood, but don't go hard out on a trade. You need as much wood as you need and if you need to chop like on andes, trade earlier or ask a teammate who does not trade (if they are not going nats and don't use much wood they dont need to trade, e.g. Ports) to chop for you. Remember the tier of resource gathering, food > coin > wood. Trade if you can because it translates to a lower tier of resource being gathered faster.

Thank you for reading my guide / rant. :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Re: Noob/Pro Tips On Booming.

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

WTF just shift klick ^^
shit juice :hmm:
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

What if double klik bugg ? @QueenOfdestiny
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Googol wrote:What if double klik bugg ? @QueenOfdestiny

you have bug bc you suck
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

queenofdestiny wrote:WTF just shift klick ^^

Why not both?
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
ESO: dthrill

Re: Noob/Pro Tips On Booming

Post by dthrill_08 »

I think my Port boom is better. I have a 300 gold shipment card. First 2 shipments I spend on the 300 gold, I focus all my villies and villie production on food first. I get wood if I need for a house or market and then switch to food again. Get the wood card from aging up, sell food to get 1k gold and age. Once I have about 20-24 villies on food, I start focusing on gold and wood.

PS.
300 gold card may seem worthless but throughout the fight I am always sending 300 gold crates. Believe it or not, that is a nice source of gold.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

dthrill_08 wrote:I think my Port boom is better. I have a 300 gold shipment card. First 2 shipments I spend on the 300 gold, I focus all my villies and villie production on food first. I get wood if I need for a house or market and then switch to food again. Get the wood card from aging up, sell food to get 1k gold and age. Once I have about 20-24 villies on food, I start focusing on gold and wood.

PS.
300 gold card may seem worthless but throughout the fight I am always sending 300 gold crates. Believe it or not, that is a nice source of gold.

oh boy pls
when u have no shipments left send the infinit coin
but not at the beginning there are other cards like eco theory or factorys more importand
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Nice write up, very basic though.
oranges.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

dthrill_08 wrote:I think my Port boom is better. I have a 300 gold shipment card. First 2 shipments I spend on the 300 gold, I focus all my villies and villie production on food first. I get wood if I need for a house or market and then switch to food again. Get the wood card from aging up, sell food to get 1k gold and age. Once I have about 20-24 villies on food, I start focusing on gold and wood.

PS.

I love this
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

PS.

Pro tip here
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:Some basic points cause I am tired now of blabbing on
- Spread out vills on resources - 2 per hunt, and around 8-10 per mine. Never saturate a resource because it means more walking time

Just a small point, but you rather want to have about 4-6 vills on a hunt. If you put max 2 vills, you will lose quite the amount of food due to decay. :)
r]
Austria Jerimuno
Advanced Player
ESO: Jerimuno
GameRanger ID: 9241516

Post by Jerimuno »

isn't the rate of decaying the same, regardless of how many vills you put on the animal?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah but if you put only 2 vils on each animal, then you'll have to kill more animals simultaneously, so they will all start decaying earlier, and in the end you waste more food.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

But dont u lose gather rate when there are more than 5 vills on one hunt?
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Gichtenlord wrote:

Just a small point, but you rather want to have about 4-6 vills on a hunt. If you put max 2 vills, you will lose quite the amount of food due to decay. :)

Only in supremacy, but theres less walking distance if a hunt runs out per vill.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:

Only in supremacy, but theres less walking distance if a hunt runs out per vill.

thats why you always herd your hunts close to your tc and villagers
r]
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Gichtenlord wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:Just a small point, but you rather want to have about 4-6 vills on a hunt. If you put max 2 vills, you will lose quite the amount of food due to decay. :)

thats why you always herd your hunts close to your tc and villagers

No you are mistaken, when a herd runs out your vills automatically walk to the next one. When they are walking they stop gathering, so it make sense to have the least number walking. You have enough hunts to get to imperial and have 2 vills per hunt anyway.

In supremacy this is used because you don't know how many hunts you can get due to map control, so you need to make the most per hunt.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Yet having an entire hunt depleted more quickly meand you have a serious walking time to the next hunt which is much more significant. So by doing your method I think youre actually walking around more even if you consider unlimited hunts. My instinct tells me to put 3-5 vills on a hunt. At 6 I subconsciously get bothered.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Jerom wrote:Yet having an entire hunt depleted more quickly meand you have a serious walking time to the next hunt which is much more significant. So by doing your method I think youre actually walking around more even if you consider unlimited hunts. My instinct tells me to put 3-5 vills on a hunt. At 6 I subconsciously get bothered.

Because it's treaty you can herd early on, and you can usually get your finals herds close to your 2nd/3rd Tc.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Rdy to win the tournament after this, ty
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH