why people play treaty?

Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Re: why people play treaty?

Post by supernapoleon »

If there will not be treaty implemented in AoE3 DE I do not see any reason why I should buy it.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

deleted_user wrote:I like how this all (seemingly) started as a joke from @lordraphael to remove the TR game mode from AoE IV/AoE3DE for no reason other than to "trigger" (holy fuq I actually used that word) TR players. And look where we are now...

Except he wasn't joking lol.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Imo killing treaty would be terrible for the community. I think one actual concern people should have with aoe3DE is the civ balance. If treaty and supremacy are both in the DE, it would be nice if they tweaked the civ balance differently in the two game modes. It'd be like having TP and EP in the same game
De Funk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Hidddy_ wrote:Imo killing treaty would be terrible for the community. I think one actual concern people should have with aoe3DE is the civ balance. If treaty and supremacy are both in the DE, it would be nice if they tweaked the civ balance differently in the two game modes. It'd be like having TP and EP in the same game

very nice made up post! I like the idea of having improved treaty with AOE3DE
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Idea: having pre-made bases.
saves 40 minutes, go walk a dog
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

dietschlander wrote:Idea: having pre-made bases.

Good idea. Thanks!
r]
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

dietschlander wrote:Idea: having pre-made bases.

Most players enjoy the boom period. Also having premade base and resources will remove skill as certain civs are quite hard to boom with.
Retired Contributor

Post by Hidddy_ »

Must agree there with IP, the boom period is very important as is the post-40 macro (especially for cowing civs). Removing the 40 minute boom period would ruin the game mode for treaty players. However, it would be great to implement something like Gichten's 40 in 10 scenario as an option for players who want to get straight to the fighting and don't mind having preset resources.

Edit: giving credit where credit is do
De Funk
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

Hidddy_ wrote: dicktator's 40 in 10 scenario

rip @Gichtenlord
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Retired Contributor

Post by Hidddy_ »

ocemilky wrote:

rip @Gichtenlord

Was I misinformed? I saw a stream once where he talked about the scenario, he was talking like it was his :P

Guess I shouldn't assume
De Funk
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Hidddy_ wrote:
ocemilky wrote:

rip @Gichtenlord

Was I misinformed? I saw a stream once where he talked about the scenario, he was talking like it was his :P

Guess I shouldn't assume

viewtopic.php?f=176&t=10190
New Zealand Colonel Concrete
Crossbow

Post by Colonel Concrete »

First post, new on here. Be nice!

Oh, and keep the Treaty.

Lake_69 wrote:Adding myself to the treaty fan brigade. Live & let live I say

+1

In fact they should EXPAND it if anything; why not allow up to say a 60min treaty?

I am getting good-ish* at treaty and have barely finished building a robust base with a good first attack at the 40min mark (starting from Discovery age).
If treaty is about post-imperial madness /base building, then why not allow even more time to get it perfect?!

Allowing 60min (or even say 90min!) would allow new/noob players more time :) - which might be more fun for them. I might stick to 20/30/40min myself but hey give 'em the choice I say.

In fact, it's all about choice... why remove treaty if you can simply choose not to play it?
Get over yourselves whoever wants to ban it! Let others do what they like (while you sit on your high-horse..)

Its effectively just a different game play style. And I happen to like it

Agree: the Devs should better balance the Civs for AOE3 DE/AOE4, and also allow more than 2 teams.
Also, regarding the AI in treaty: the Devs could make the AI much better in treaty by changing their strategy accordingly (including, especially, the home city card choice).

Regarding lag in online/network treaty games: this is more a problem of any of: the game programming, the internet connection, or the user computer specs, than the game mode itself.

deleted_user wrote:@mods, its fucking disgusting and disrespectf that you guys removed my poll, who did it?

Aside: For those of you who joined here a while ago, you may have forgotten this little registration blurb so I'll post it up for your convenience:

"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated.."
"You agree that “ESOCommunity” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit.."

( *: I say 'good-ish' as I'm new-ish and have just beat 7x expert allied AI with a +100% resource handicap each, with usual tactics (not using Aklaks wall-madness or pause-micro etc). I'm probably not so good against human players though! Unless playing as OP French, with a long treaty period, haha! And even then probably not so good!..).
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I like your name.

Concrete is cool.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Nr 60 is definitely enough :ugly:
shit juice :hmm:
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Post by Foire421 »

No tr mode= a lot of saved time and money for me! not gonna buy some bullshit game that has no tr mode! in that case hello rl and fuck aoe!
New Zealand Colonel Concrete
Crossbow

Post by Colonel Concrete »

deleted_user wrote:I like your name.

Concrete is cool.

Cheers! Somehow this was the first thing that came to mind..

(Although I'm not sure they had concrete, as we know it, at this point in time (AOE3 period); perhaps for AOE4?! - although it might start to look a little like Command and Conquer (/Red Alert) by then... where else can AOE get to after AOE3?!)
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Foire421 wrote:No tr mode= a lot of saved time and money for me! not gonna buy some bullshit game that has no tr mode! in that case hello rl and fuck aoe!

Nice try, you're gonna buy it anyways
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Post by Foire421 »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Foire421 wrote:No tr mode= a lot of saved time and money for me! not gonna buy some bullshit game that has no tr mode! in that case hello rl and fuck aoe!

Nice try, you're gonna buy it anyways

shhh dont tell em pls