Gendarme wrote:@Googol SHOW 'EM HOW WE PLAY FFA

Play france, boom. spam @Gendarme
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: why people play treaty?

Post by Gendarme »

If only you could spam more me IRL. It would be such a great thing to do.
Pay more attention to detail.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Gendarme wrote:If only you could spam more me IRL. It would be such a great thing to do.

Come to prague, drink 10 beers with me and i can see you 10 times np.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

I'll probably do that one day. Count on it.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

I deleted the poll because that's just flaming. I will allow the thread to stay open (assuming people can behave), because I think the treaty community should have a chance to push back against stuff like this.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Treaty and sup debate shows the mentality of why racism exists. One side thinks sup is superior while the other side thinks treaty is superior when it doesn't really matter.

I play treaty because it is fun.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

Darwin_ wrote:It should be removed as a game option, but should instead be integrated into maps IMO.

While I think treaty can be fun, I definitely think that sup takes overall more skill and is an overall harder gamemode. I don't want Aoe3:DE to advertise treaty stuff because I dont think that it is healthy for the game to have two very separate communities.

I don't understand why people frame this as some sort of zero sum game, where one game mode's gain is another's loss. Unless you are assuming that all the TR players would immediately jump over to Sup if treaty were removed, the existence of treaty has zero effect on your gaming experience - it is not as though there are a limited number of changes to go around during development or something.

And if you are making that assumption, why? If base building and big fights are what treaty players enjoy about the game, what's to stop them from leaving for other games if it were taken away? All removing treaty would do is reduce the number of people playing AoE3. But hold on, let us assume for a moment that it would accomplish what you want it to - would you seriously want to take away a feature that others enjoy simply to improve your own experience?

The Sup players' (I myself am a Sup player, but I think you get my point) disdain for treaty is not rooted at logic, it is rooted in emotion. They don't like it, aren't good at it, have had bad experiences playing it in the past, or any combination of the 3, so they actively crusade against all the people who do enjoy it. The whole phenomenon is actually strangely reminiscent of the crusade against water (wanting age 3 culverins to hard counter age 4 warships, etc.) - it doesn't enhance my experience; therefore it needs to be gutted.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Kommander wrote:I'm a Sergeant, PR15. Nothing too special.

In treaty I am a PR0. I play a lot more carelessly, don't care whether or not I win or lose, and I enjoy fighting noobs who cannot Micro.

Supremacy is still vastly superior, but hey, some diversity never hurt anybody :).

Yeah, in sup youre PR 15 while in treaty you actually got a negative PR.

Darwin_ wrote:I don't want Aoe3:DE to advertise treaty stuff because I dont think that it is healthy for the game to have two very separate communities.

What is this nonsense? How are the communities seperated? We got many users on this page, most only playing sup but also pure treaty players. I don't see how the community is divided when everyone is using the same forums.

Also if treaty was removed, the majority of treaty players would just leave the game. They won't start sup just cause treaty is gone, the community would just become even smaller.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

TheArtofWars wrote:Treaty and sup debate shows the mentality of why racism exists. One side thinks sup is superior while the other side thinks treaty is superior when it doesn't really matter.

No, this is actually a pretty one-sided debate; I don't see any treaty players arguing treaty is "superior".
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Papist wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:Treaty and sup debate shows the mentality of why racism exists. One side thinks sup is superior while the other side thinks treaty is superior when it doesn't really matter.

No, this is actually a pretty one-sided debate; I don't see any treaty players arguing treaty is "superior".

I've been playing since 2007 and I distinctly remember Troy100pc whispering me and saying "hey man join the NR tourney to help the treaty tourney and to show the sup community we're not a joke" NR 40 players thought do think they are superior to SUP players in treaty which I have no idea if it's true or not because how can you know?

I guess the moral of the story is I think I know the AOE3 community a little more than most.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

TheArtofWars wrote:I've been playing since 2007 and I distinctly remember Troy100pc whispering me and saying "hey man join the NR tourney to help the treaty tourney and to show the sup community we're not a joke" NR 40 players thought do think they are superior to SUP players in treaty which I have no idea if it's true or not because how can you know?

I guess the moral of the story is I think I know the AOE3 community a little more than most.

Of course treaty players are better at treaty than sup players, lol. That's not even disputed anymore (except by some very stupid people, none of whom are highly-ranked in either game mode).

The point I was addressing was players claiming that their game mode was superior. I think I saw a treaty player make this claim once on agecomm like 7 years, but that's it. Whereas I see sup players make it all the time.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@mods, its fucking disgusting and disrespectf that you guys removed my poll, who did it?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

It's disgusting and disrespectf that you don't bother reading the posts in your own thread.
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

Unless you're already a top treaty player the following is true This is just because the top tier treaty players just have good PC's and internet connection but for anyone else who wants to practice well good luck with that......

For everyone else..... Treaty is basically late lag hell and people who will drop out at 40 min if you're playing team games. Those who have the patience for all of that can make treaty into a great game mode but for new players a good treaty experience doesn't exist. They will see players drop out or it will lag beyond belief.

The hate on treaty isn't hatred toward any player but their experience playing it and the pain of wasting time.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Gendarme wrote:It's disgusting and disrespectf that you don't bother reading the posts in your own thread.

Its just poor and pointless. It didnt contain any flame?
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

deleted_user wrote:@mods, its fucking disgusting and disrespectf that you guys removed my poll, who did it?

Idk breeze, who dunnit?
Papist wrote:I deleted the poll because that's just flaming. I will allow the thread to stay open (assuming people can behave), because I think the treaty community should have a chance to push back against stuff like this.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Perhaps. My point was just that you are asking who deleted it even though Papist wrote that he did it a few posts earlier.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Papist wrote:
deleted_user wrote:@mods, its fucking disgusting and disrespectf that you guys removed my poll, who did it?

Idk breeze, who dunnit?
Papist wrote:I deleted the poll because that's just flaming. I will allow the thread to stay open (assuming people can behave), because I think the treaty community should have a chance to push back against stuff like this.

Nice played, I think there is better things to do than showing your social life problems over here, just saying. ;)
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

deleted_user wrote:
Papist wrote:

Idk breeze, who dunnit?

Nice played, I think there is better things to do than showing your social life problems over here, just saying. ;)

Like reigning in your shitposting? I couldn't agree more.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Papist wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Like reigning in your shitposting? I couldn't agree more.

How is it shitposting ? I dont even know if ure playing aoe3.. i dont even know who you are, I been playin on eso for years and I didnt see you in any games? Im also a treaty player and a few mates just asked me to make thread here? And i just did it for them?

Ps : get relax, breath relaxly ;)
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

@deleted_user5

You're not going to beat the Papist bro just quit while you're ahead lol
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

It took breeze hours to figure out such an well thought out poll...How dare you papist!
r]
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

TheArtofWars wrote:@deleted_user5

ok diarouga
No Flag TheArtofWars
Crossbow

Post by TheArtofWars »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
TheArtofWars wrote:@deleted_user5

ok diarouga

Well trying to beat a mod is usually gg. I've been on a lot of forums to know this.
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by Papist »

deleted_user wrote:How is it shitposting ? I dont even know if ure playing aoe3.. i dont even know who you are, I been playin on eso for years and I didnt see you in any games? Im also a treaty player and a few mates just asked me to make thread here? And i just did it for them?

Ps : get relax, breath relaxly ;)

Ok, serious response :chinese:

Your poll responses were insulting to treaty players, so I took them down. I left the thread open because I believe there is room for an actual discussion. I'm not sure what my activity on ESO has to do with anything; I obviously wouldn't be in any of your games since you're about 10 PR points higher than me, and I haven't regularly played rated games in years.