Jakey's Dutch Guide

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Jakey's Dutch Guide

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

I am a big fan of the Dutch civ, both in supremacy and in treaty, although I wont be making any guides for supremacy soon, I can give a good one for treaty. The inspiration for this is of course our dear lord and saviour, KingNassau (Aka cCkw, AARONG). KingNassau is probably the best Dutch treaty player ever - he could even beat Dicktator with his oos and lag switching micro skills and knowledge of this amazing civ.

Military

Population

The Dutch have 146 population to spend! Thats pretty nice. This means vs a Dutch player you need to delete 45 of your villagers in order to have the same population on the battlefield, which is essential for NR55. As Dutch you need to always be draining your enemy because you will drain regardless. A strong army of Skirmishers and Caribeeners coupled with 5 or more Horse Artillery ensure you always have the upper hand. Sensual.

Composition

Skirmishers

The Dutch have powerful Skirmishers, which should make up a large part of your composition. In NR55 range is a large part of your military and civs that excel at this (Such as Portugal) are very good choices for NR55. As Skirmishers have a long range and can stop Cavalry, provided they are supported, relatively well. Dutch Skirmishers are the 2nd best in the game and should never be underestimated. With 36 attack and 288 hitpoints they are great for fodder and as a base for your composition.

Caribeeners

They are stylish, fast and short-ranged. Do not underestimate them! 32 attack for one population, thats 32 ranged attack, for one population is quite lovely indeed. My royal friend KingNassau loves to mass these - for good reason. They pack a punch, especially when protected by Skirmishers as fodder. Remember NR55 is all about range and micro. Hand Cavalry and Hand Infantry will struggle to get into contact with a decent Caribeener and Skirmisher mass.

Halberdiers

In the even you play vs a Hand Cavalry civ - such as Britain or France. This is where their Hand Cavalry units are so strong they are worth the walk over to your units in order to tank and damage your Skirmisher mass. In another scenario your opponent may spam hand cavalry which will break your composition at a large cost for both sides. It's a good idea to have a few halberdiers every now and then. You should utilise the infinite shipment card that Dutch have - you save resources and it is quick. If you don't have any shipments then it is fine to make a few. Dutch have very strong Halberdiers, the best in the game. You can use them in a similar fashion to Dopplesoldners. Sprinkle a few to the front of your composition. They are a decent tank unit and should serve to hold the Hand Cavalry at bay.

Hussar

Dutch have the weakest Hussars in the game. They are sad, slow and fat with a meagre 64 Attack. They are still however Hussars. In the event your opponents Artillery are exposes or you need to counter a Lancer unit they can still be useful. A Lancer unit is a Hand Cavalry unit with a smaller Attack and Hitpoints than a Hussar but with a multiplier vs. Light Infantry or all Infantry. Hussars are useful as a tank unit and can counter them effectively as a buffer while your Caribeeners provide a punch to the Lancer unit.

Horse Artillery

Dutch have 150 pop to play with - nice! This means you can stock up on the most effective unit in the game. You should consider Horse Artillery to be part of your composition. A good Dutch player should have at least 5 shooting at the enemy. This means a better trade for your resources and your Skirmisher mass will live longer. Remember Orinoco is a small crossing - as Horse Artillery have decent spread and cause a lot of damage a mass of them an have great effect. In playing versus civilisations with better Skirmishers and greater economy - Spain, France, Britain, Germany, Japan etc, you will need a large amount of Horse Artillery.

Mortars and Culverins

For Mortars and Culverins you should use as many as necessary. For Orinoco 5 mortars are fine and often ample. I usually like to have 8 culverins as you don't want to be left on the wrong side of the Culv war as Dutch - your composition of Skirmishers and Caribeeners are very vulnerable to cannon fire. You might be able to get away with 6 if you can micro well. Dutch do not follow the rule of 4 culverins for an Engineering School civilisation and 6 Culvs if not. You have extra pop and you need your cannons alive and shooting.

Jakey's Dank AF 55 Boom.

Discovery Age

Gather your crates 1 vill per gold crate then the rest to a close mine. Once all the gold crates have been gathered send 4 villagers to gold and the rest to wood while leaving one to gather the other crates. This will be enough to continue production depending on crates. Adjust when needed but early on if you think you will run out before your first bank. It is essential to keep villager production with Dutch. Prioritise it over everything else. Build a House then a Market and get all the economy upgrades. First wood upgrade, then coin upgrade, then food. Send two villagers to food and send villagers from the TC to wood. Send food trickle as your first shipment. Build your first bank ASAP. Send two villagers from your coin mine once that bank is up to food. Build a house. Build a second bank ASAP and once build send the coin villagers to either food or wood depending on your needs. Once you have around 10 villagers on Wood send them to food from your TC. Build a third bank. Age once you get 800f after your third bank with the 400w politician. In transition build another bank and send all villagers to food. Send the discovery bank cards

Colonial Age

Overrated. Go straight to Fortress age with the fast age option. Send the advanced church card. Get the second Wood upgrade and send all villagers to wood and some on food. Build a church and get the +2 bank upgrade. We need at least 600 wood for our first TC and 350 food for a sneaky bank. Around two villagers on food and the rest on wood should be fine. Get the second food upgrade when you can.

Fortress Age

Build three TC's ASAP, then the rest of your banks. Keep vill production at all costs and queue all villagers. Once your banks are up send all villagers to food. Make sure two TC's are two vills head of one. Use the one without the extra two villagers to age ASAP with the 4 villager and 5 Ruyter politician. Your age should finish at the same time or slightly after those two villagers are done. You now have 54 villagers

Industrial Age
Send Bank upgrade and two factories. Set factories to coin. Age ASAP. Upgrade wood from market and put villagers on Wood - ensure you have enough food for Capitol coin upgrade and Plantation upgrades as well as 700f for two more banks. Upgrade Factories and make and upgrade a plantation. Get Mercantilism ASAP. Get coin upgrades from the home city.

Imperial Age
Build a capital ASAP and send one vill to gather your 2000c. Get the coin upgrade from the Capital and build two banks. Send 10 villagers to your Plantation and rest of villagers on wood. Keep building plantations until you have 4 villagers left on wood. Send them to a mine if there are any left or send them on a hunt. Send Wood Trade once you have a shipment ready after all your coin cards. You should get around 70-80k wood. Build four mills and put 7 villagers on each of them. Split up your remaining villagers on your plantations - you should have 5 per plantation. Send food upgrades from the home city. Get the TP upgrades now. Using one villager, build a Stable, Barracks, Artillery Foundry and a Arsenal. Use the same villager to then build all your houses. Upgrade Skirmishers, Halberdiers, Ruyter, Hussar, Culverin, Mortar, Horse Artillery, Church, Capital and Arsenal upgrades. Make your military units and send Church and Town Centre overpop. Your shipments now should be AA and then the training cards. You don't have time for any other cards before 55. Don't be a silly NR40 player and send the caribs before 55 so you have a larger army.

After 40
Get all the TP ups and set up your front base. You need 5 Barracks, 3 Stables, 4 Artillery Foundries. Setup your outposts how you want. Have a forward Mill and Town Centre. Send the Minutemen from the new town centre and add to your existing. Bring your military up to your front base. Make all envoy as well. You are now ready to fight as Dutch!

Other Stuff
- Don't forget explorer spam and envoys. Both can tank well. Use crackshot efficiently.
- For a fun start utilise your Dutch population by making Heavy Cannons during your boom. You can get away with around 10 for a very pushy start. Remember to get the Imperial upgrade.
- Use your villagers as efficiently as possible. Don't delete any unless you have to
- You have a very limited eco and will drain no matter what - even if you are winning. So you better push hard and fast.

Deck

Like everything I do please point out if i have said anything wrong or messed up. :flowers:

Re: Jakey's Dutch Guide

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

@momuuu I want your thought please and thank you
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:@momuuu I want your thought please and thank you

reported
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You should have included at the top or ideally in the title that your tips focus mainly if not only on Orinoco NR55 :dry:

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Dutch have the weakest Hussars in the game.

Well, they are just standard ones, on par with the Portuguese counterparts, for instance.

NyxAchlys9 wrote:A Lancer unit is a Hand Cavalry unit with a smaller Attack and Hitpoints than a Hussar but with a multiplier vs. Light Infantry or all Infantry.

Thank you.

Here are proper artillery icons for you:

:flowers:

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Build a capital ASAP

That sounds like a tough challenge :hmm: Roma non uno die aedificata est!

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Industrial Age
[...]
Get coin upgrades from the home city.

Which ones? Bank/Royal Mint/plantation?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Pecelot learning treaty or trying to be annoying? :flowers:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Neither.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:A Lancer unit is a Hand Cavalry unit with a smaller Attack and Hitpoints than a Hussar but with a multiplier vs. Light Infantry or all Infantry.

Do any Lancers really have a multiplier vs. Light Infantry on the treaty patch? Seems weird. :hmm:
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Only gonna read, if @momuuu approves this.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

gh0st wrote:Only gonna read, if @momuuu approves this.
It's treaty; don't read.
Pay more attention to detail.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

no op morta card :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
shit juice :hmm:
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

i love jakey's boom guides ... i improved a lot once i read and understood them !
Nicaragua kingnassau
Crossbow
ESO: kingnassau

Post by kingnassau »

Is a good strategy, he make a good boom, we played toghether a few days ago, and only a good dutch player can have that knowledge and inspiration.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

there is definitely some inspiration
r]
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Also, right, aren't the Native Warriors or TEAM Coehorn Mortars home-city shipments both better than infinite 8 Halberdiers? :hmm:
Nicaragua kingnassau
Crossbow

Post by kingnassau »

For the economy of Dutch can be better halber
Nicaragua kingnassau
Crossbow

Post by kingnassau »

I dont use the infinite halber card, but you have free army that can help to make a good push.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

kingnassau wrote:I dont use the infinite halber card, but you have free army that can help to make a good push.

You should.

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Image
Caribeeners

They are stylish, fast and short-ranged. Do not underestimate them! 32 attack for one population, thats 32 ranged attack, for one population is quite lovely indeed.

mind=blown
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Do any Lancers really have a multiplier vs. Light Infantry on the treaty patch? Seems weird. :hmm:

Seems like some players still haven't learned unit types :uglylol:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Seems like a reasonable question to ask.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Yeah for some reason they thought 4x vs all infantry is a bit OP so it's like same as the Nagi, making all Lancer units the same multi.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

pecelot wrote:Also, right, aren't the Native Warriors or TEAM Coehorn Mortars home-city shipments both better than infinite 8 Halberdiers? :hmm:

I have included the caribs, however the TEAM Coehorn Mortars are an average card to send. It's only 20% more off base stats and so will be about an extra shot between five mortars.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

pecelot wrote:You should have included at the top or ideally in the title that your tips focus mainly if not only on Orinoco NR55 :dry:

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Dutch have the weakest Hussars in the game.

Well, they are just standard ones, on par with the Portuguese counterparts, for instance.

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Build a capital ASAP

That sounds like a tough challenge :hmm: Roma non uno die aedificata est!

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Industrial Age
[...]
Get coin upgrades from the home city.

Which ones? Bank/Royal Mint/plantation?

All the coin cards. Skipping eco cards is for NR40 plebs. Portugese Hussar are stronger than Dutch because their Home City upgrade affects health as well.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

FloKo83 Aoe3 wrote:i love jakey's boom guides ... i improved a lot once i read and understood them !

Not in NR40 :!:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Oh my, don't write 4 posts in a row ever again :dry:

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Portugese Hussar are stronger than Dutch because their Home City upgrade affects health as well.

[spoiler=images]Image

Image[/spoiler]

I don't see a difference, to be honest :ugeek:

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

Yeah for some reason they thought 4x vs all infantry is a bit OP so it's like same as the Nagi, making all Lancer units the same multi.

Bear in mind the difference between Light Infantry and Ranged Infantry :!:

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

[spoiler=]
pecelot wrote:Oh my, don't write 4 posts in a row ever again :dry:

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Portugese Hussar are stronger than Dutch because their Home City upgrade affects health as well.

[spoiler=images]Image

Image[/spoiler]

I don't see a difference, to be honest :ugeek:

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Bear in mind the difference between Light Infantry and Ranged Infantry :!:
[/spoiler]

Omg I was so tired when i wrote this! I mean Ranged Infantry!
Maybe i was a bit tired when I wrote this. Dutch Hussar is still worse however due to its cost. The Dutch are an extremely coin-based civ with little in the way of buffed food production. It's cheaper for the portugese player to field hussars than the Dutch. As Dutch drain anyway its not a good choice.

You could also argue a port player can field more by deleting vills and having the same economy. This would make port hussars stronger, although not the unit itself.