Spain composition on maps other than andes?

No Flag alliedstar
Crossbow

Spain composition on maps other than andes?

Post by alliedstar »

which one is better and why?
Lancer + rod + art
or
Lancer + skirm + rod + art

and why does no one make dragoons?
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Re: Spain composition on maps other than andes?

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

alliedstar wrote:and why does no one make dragoons?
Because you can send many rods
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

alliedstar wrote:which one is better and why?
Lancer + rod + art
or
Lancer + skirm + rod + art

and why does no one make dragoons?

The more balanced composition is always better, skirms especially when walls are involved, otherwise they (as in your opponent) can musk art without being punished too hard by making alot of musks
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Did you just suggest to use muskets as spain, hazza?
r]
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

:ohmy: WUT MUSK AS SPAIN :huh:

Depends if you play ori in lag goons can do fine... I like rod + lancers but then you need to have no walls in ur way...
shit juice :hmm:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

no your opponent can go musk art easily
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Lancer/skirm/rod/art is better since pure lancer/rod would have too many melee units which are blocking each other.

Nobody is using dragoons cause skirms, rods and lancers synergize so well. But in really laggy games where melee units wont attack you could consider making goons I guess
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Gichtenlord wrote:Did you just suggest to use muskets as spain, hazza?

one of the strongest out of andes spain(king's) i saw made muskets . i don't think is that bad tbh
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

I think on a map that is not andes you definitly should use goons lol since they train fairly quick and rod training time doesn't give you the chance to react to like 20 huss ... also on andes rods work well because you have incans anyways ... i'd do goons if i was out of nat with too. And musk are just avaialble in very few matchups like japan/aztec/brit but else the skirm heavy composition will mostly do better
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

with spain too*
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Oke. Since I never play spain, could someone expain me why andes is special for spain. :blush:
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Post by Foire421 »

out of spain musks are rlly nice actually. since u dont want your ranged inf to be too vulnerable to cav flanks I often go musk since gives you much more stability.
No Flag alliedstar
Crossbow

Post by alliedstar »

Asateo wrote:Oke. Since I never play spain, could someone expain me why andes is special for spain. :blush:

The Incan natives on that map give you an awesome anti cav hand inf unit and OP training speeds, combine that with attack boost from spains missionaries mixed with Lancers and skirms and it's very, very difficult to beat. Definitely beatable with a strong eco civ like German or a well played Brit but nonetheless very hard to beat.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I think high lvl play off Andes would involve two groups of raxes (one for rod one for skirm), to constantly keep both in production and not be missing on anticav while skirms are in production. Goons work too and are a lot easier to maintain since they train faster but are not at good as rod imo. I wouldn't make musk.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Germany JulianK
ESOC Pro Team
EPL Reigning Champs

Post by JulianK »

I don't think rods are that good tbh since as a melee unit they run out of the unction, so i'd probably not even make any (just goons instead) unless my opponent is a 24/7 cav spammer ... i'd only make use of them as the 10 rod shipment or in some matchups even replace that one with 300 wood to save the upgrade costs and pop in cue.
No Flag Meriwhether
Crossbow

Post by Meriwhether »

I personally never make rods. I don't even bother to upgrade them because their hp and attack suck out of unction, and they often freeze in lag. The only anticav units I ever use are natives (on andes) and muskets.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Meriwhether wrote:I personally never make rods. I don't even bother to upgrade them because their hp and attack suck out of unction, and they often freeze in lag. The only anticav units I ever use are natives (on andes) and muskets.

You send rods from HC. They are better than musk at anti-cav really. 40% mr is insane.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag Meriwhether
Crossbow

Post by Meriwhether »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Meriwhether wrote:I personally never make rods. I don't even bother to upgrade them because their hp and attack suck out of unction, and they often freeze in lag. The only anticav units I ever use are natives (on andes) and muskets.

You send rods from HC. They are better than musk at anti-cav really. 40% mr is insane.

On andes with faster train times rods might be slightly better anti cav units because of their bonus. But on other maps muskets are way more durable and last much longer in combat due to their range. Rods will drop like flies to any unit besides cav.

If you are caught with a skirm/lancer mass on deccan for example, and you are flanked with 20 hussar, rods aren't going to train fast enough to counter them. But if you keep 10-15 musk in your army composition, you can always melee them against flanking cav. And since they're ranged infantry, lag won't affect them much.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Meriwhether wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:

On andes with faster train times rods might be slightly better anti cav units because of their bonus. But on other maps muskets are way more durable and last much longer in combat due to their range. Rods will drop like flies to any unit besides cav.

If you are caught with a skirm/lancer mass on deccan for example, and you are flanked with 20 hussar, rods aren't going to train fast enough to counter them. But if you keep 10-15 musk in your army composition, you can always melee them against flanking cav. And since they're ranged infantry, lag won't affect them much.

The trick with Spain is to block enemy calvary, because you have the best in the game already. Making muskets in RE as Spain is very bad indeed! I can't comment on TP patch however. You don't really lose any resources when you send 10 Rodeleros anyway. I think Floko plays Spain in NR40 a lot so I'd ask him. On Orinoco NR55 the meta is to block with Lancers and use a Lancer - Skirm - Art composition, with sending of Rodeleros. Spain gets much faster shipments - you need to take advantage of your Civ's bonus in order to win games well. 10 Rodeleros is much more res than crates - and you cannot send 30 Maya constantly.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:The trick with Spain is to block enemy calvary, because you have the best in the game already. Making muskets in RE as Spain is very bad indeed! I can't comment on TP patch however. You don't really lose any resources when you send 10 Rodeleros anyway. I think Floko plays Spain in NR40 a lot so I'd ask him. On Orinoco NR55 the meta is to block with Lancers and use a Lancer - Skirm - Art composition, with sending of Rodeleros. Spain gets much faster shipments - you need to take advantage of your Civ's bonus in order to win games well. 10 Rodeleros is much more res than crates - and you cannot send 30 Maya constantly.

Lancers dont beat hussars or uhlans cost-effectively cause their damage is low without the bonus compared to other cav.

Pure Skirm/Lancer/Art is gonna lose to a cav mass, you need some anti-cav and only 10 infinite rods from the card arent enough.

Goons are easier to maintain for sure, rods are better though.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:The trick with Spain is to block enemy calvary, because you have the best in the game already. Making muskets in RE as Spain is very bad indeed! I can't comment on TP patch however. You don't really lose any resources when you send 10 Rodeleros anyway. I think Floko plays Spain in NR40 a lot so I'd ask him. On Orinoco NR55 the meta is to block with Lancers and use a Lancer - Skirm - Art composition, with sending of Rodeleros. Spain gets much faster shipments - you need to take advantage of your Civ's bonus in order to win games well. 10 Rodeleros is much more res than crates - and you cannot send 30 Maya constantly.

Lancers dont beat hussars or uhlans cost-effectively cause their damage is low without the bonus compared to other cav.

Pure Skirm/Lancer/Art is gonna lose to a cav mass, you need some anti-cav and only 10 infinite rods from the card arent enough.

Goons are easier to maintain for sure, rods are better though.

On 55 spamming cav like that hurts your eco too much, so it works better, but i'd take your advice on 40 :). On a small defensible space like Ori, the Unction covers all your units really well - but due to the range the enemy Cav will have relatively average HP by the time they get to your Lancers. If it gets a bit ridiculous then you are going to need some rods though I agree :P
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

No, spain is easier to beat on ori, because of their lack of proper anti cav. Thats why it is good to use lots of cav flanks vs spain on ori.
r]
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

How bad to you have to be to be flanked on Ori lol. ok.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Spain will usually be pushing and it's impossible to wall the crossing (the terrain is unbuildable). Gichtenlord is on point.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Why would you wall something that is already walled? Just spread out your forces. Its not as if you have a giant space lol. Spain uses the small channel for that reason.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk