How to deal with cuirassier deathbox?

India boks
Crossbow
ESO: boks_

How to deal with cuirassier deathbox?

Post by boks »

I usually play as Japan and cuirassier deathboxes always get in my eco.I always have 4 layers of wall then i run out of space.My army is usually across the map.I delete my main army and try to rebuild ashis asap but by then 2 layers of wall are gone and cuirs just dont die to ashis fast enough.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Re: How to deal with cuirassier deathbox?

Post by noissance »

samurais are deadly vs the cuirassier (and oprichnik) boxes, the area damage gets the center unit as well sometimes! but simplest thing to do is to snipe the middle unit and it will break the formation!
Error 404: Signature not found
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Samurais are pretty worthless against gendarmes, actually—I know this from first-hand experience. Ashigarus and Hatamoto Samurais if you have some export lying around are your best bet I think.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

You need melee units for the snare to prevent them from running in and yeah try to snipe the middle unit as it will break the box. Samurais and Dopps are perfect counters to cuirs, they absolutely shit on them. If the game is getting to the late stages remember that you can lame them back with some daimyo-drop raids and Tokugawa cannon-drops near their base
De Funk
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Gendarme wrote:Samurais are pretty worthless against gendarmes, actually—I know this from first-hand experience. Ashigarus and Hatamoto Samurais if you have some export lying around are your best bet I think.

honored samurai do better than ashigarus vs them. best bet if in earlier ages is probably sniping the middle unit.
Error 404: Signature not found
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Samurai are almost certainly your best bet, however having 5 nagi to snare the box is sometimes rather useful.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

Doppelsoldners shit on them, yes. The samurai anti-cavalry multiplier is pretty small, however. They are worse than you'd think. I played against a Japanese player once and the game lasted more than one hour. All I did was to make Imperial Gendarmes and shit on every melee unit except Hatamotos. This may not apply in treaty as there are perhaps samurai upgrade cards that I am not considering. Carded ashigarus have a multiplier of 5 against cavalry I think.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Gendarme wrote:Doppelsoldners shit on them, yes. The samurai anti-cavalry multiplier is pretty small, however. They are worse than you'd think. I played against a Japanese player once and the game lasted more than one hour. All I did was to make Imperial Gendarmes and shit on every melee unit except Hatamotos. This may not apply in treaty as there are perhaps samurai upgrade cards that I am not considering. Carded ashigarus have a multiplier of 5 against cavalry I think.

Although the anti cav mulitplier isn't huge, the area damage makes them much more valuable imo. The main disadvantage is how slow they are compared to ashi. Hatamoto > everything else though
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

have a couple ronin sitting at your eco
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

...I wonder if anyone has ever made a Hatamoto deathbox in a real game
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Mitoe wrote:...I wonder if anyone has ever made a Hatamoto deathbox in a real game

If not...I know just the guy elifent
De Funk
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

boks wrote:I usually play as Japan and cuirassier deathboxes always get in my eco.I always have 4 layers of wall then i run out of space.My army is usually across the map.I delete my main army and try to rebuild ashis asap but by then 2 layers of wall are gone and cuirs just dont die to ashis fast enough.

You should try to scout your opponent's army so you know what you're up against. Construct your base well (important buildings in the back etc) so you can have more than 4 layers of walls.
If you're already expecting a gend box there is no reason to have all your army across the map. Put your minute men at the half map line so you know where the box is coming from. Keep the majority of your army inside of your base and fight the box from the inside of your walls. As for units I'd say you need a few naginatas for snaring the box and ashiragus in melee/samurai for killing it.

Mitoe wrote:...I wonder if anyone has ever made a Hatamoto deathbox in a real game

Yeah, happens a lot at MS-LT level with the export trade in treaty.

But tbh a box (whether its a dog, opri, gend or hatamoto box) should not work if you have enough walls and scouted properly, or are completely map screwed so you can't even close your walls at 40.
United States of America TheInvincibleJannisary
Dragoon

Post by TheInvincibleJannisary »

Aizamk did
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

probably have ur ashis at his walls seiging and hatamotos kept at home
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

What do you know about treaty anyway, @Hazza54321? Get out.