Civ Ranking in terms of Boom Difficulty

No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher
ESO: Yvan_Le_Bon

Re: Civ Ranking in terms of Boom Difficulty

Post by bigsmoke »

Cowing is pretty easy, most people have their own ways of cowing ( @guyshir I think yours is most unique XD )

1) Kill the cow
2) Train the cow
3) Task the vill to the cow, then shift-click back to the plantation [For Iro it will be another farm, for China it will be a rice paddy)

- Plantations / Paddies / Farms should all be positioned so there is as little walking time as possible - HOWEVER with enough room so cows can reshuffle and move. (Usually 1 placement further)

Usually task them to hotkeys, so effectively it would be a a few ms of mouse movement plus 1+c+2+s, which is done in little time.

Thats pretty much all there is to cowing. It is only very challenging in some people are not as precise and select vills and kill them - which is of course not ideal.

Thats how I cow anyway, which I assume is a very delicious way, but remember if the cow is fat then it is not gathering any food. But I digress, once you get the rhythm is pretty easy to cow, just remember to to delete the cow as soon as the vill reaches it, or it will decay a little.
~~ pecelot rip ~~
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Kaiserklein wrote:I mean, what exactly is harder than cowing in treaty booms? It's just the hardest mechanic you find there.
Anyway yeah, shipping team sw obviously hurts the boom, but on TP this shipment doesn't exist

one thing that is harder is when u have a team mate who is japs and wants all the cows ASAP even shinres YOUR hunts and stalls ur boom until ur first 5 cows fatten

or even better.. when FUCKING INDIA wants the cows for XP
:lol: this happened to me in my last game both things actually. Needless to say we lost
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher

Post by bigsmoke »

jgals wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I mean, what exactly is harder than cowing in treaty booms? It's just the hardest mechanic you find there.
Anyway yeah, shipping team sw obviously hurts the boom, but on TP this shipment doesn't exist

one thing that is harder is when u have a team mate who is japs and wants all the cows ASAP even shinres YOUR hunts and stalls ur boom until ur first 5 cows fatten

:lol: this happened to me in my last game both things actually. Needless to say we lost

why would you give cows away when they can train them
~~ pecelot rip ~~
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

bigsmoke wrote:
jgals wrote:

Since when japs can train cows?
And dude why you even back here? You are just bad at the game! You have no clue and you annoying since you are back! Your comments of nonsense are ridiculous! You don't help anyone and still want attention from everyone. I tryed to say nothing but to much you said about treaty all ready! Just stop it when you have no idea.
shit juice :hmm:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@bigsmoke I mean, that's basically how everyone is cowing. But still, when you have 30 sheep + 20 cows, and you always need to delete them, task a vil on them and shift click him, and make the livestock again, while making other stuff, it's obviously not easy to do. Again: give me one thing harder to do than cow booming, in treaty? I'm not saying it's an impossible thing to do, just that it's probably (one of) the hardest treaty mechanics.
Btw, apparently Lukas can boom up to 2800 with brits at 40. You said you do 2550. So it means you still waste 250 score somewhere. I think if it was that easy, you wouldn't. Also, please note how in cometk's tier list, the 3 hardest civs are the ones that go cow boom.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

I dont think that you can boom 2.8k without using wood trade. 2.7k is possible though
r]
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Idk, queen told me lukas could boom 2800. Then I have no idea if it's with or without trade.
In any case, even 2700 makes a gap of 150 score with jakey's boom, so it looks like it's not so easy to cow boom after all...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Kaiserklein wrote:Idk, queen told me lukas could boom 2800. Then I have no idea if it's with or without trade.
In any case, even 2700 makes a gap of 150 score with jakey's boom, so it looks like it's not so easy to cow boom after all...

Yes Lukas can... But I don't remember if with or without maybe we ask Mister op cowing Iro guy @Lukas_L99
Or maybe @pinkgichtenlord :hmm:
shit juice :hmm:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Without trade it’s almost impossible to reach 2800, only if you have a really OP connection with someone in a 1v1.
But then even queen can boom 3000 with ger :P
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher

Post by bigsmoke »

queenofdestiny wrote:
bigsmoke wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Since when japs can train cows?
And dude why you even back here? You are just bad at the game! You have no clue and you annoying since you are back! Your comments of nonsense are ridiculous! You don't help anyone and still want attention from everyone. I tryed to say nothing but to much you said about treaty all ready! Just stop it when you have no idea.

Tbh ur bad at the game but still ripping on people. Just about everything you say can be said for yourself the reasons why i'm back here is above what you should know.
__
@Kaiserklein quite obviously i'm not PR40 at treaty and hence am not up to Lukas's level. Tier lists are also very subjective as well as i'm sure you can appreciate and its what we are here to talk about - not really solid. The fact is from my personal experience is that its just not that hard but can be intimidating to get right at first. Maybe other people have different experiences and its cool to appreciate that, I happen to play british a lot to more practice and maybe other people not so much.

Probably the hardest thing for any boom however, in my view, is macro and timing. I even see a lot of streamers get their macro wrong and have a few extra wood / not get even food / coin for imperial etc. Its much harder to get right.
~~ pecelot rip ~~
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I used to try to delete the cows next to my villagers since I have so much free time on nr55 lag turned on
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Pr40 in tr and being brigadier at deathmatch, dont even need to live on anymore, youve just won and seen the meaning of life
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

bigsmoke wrote:@Kaiserklein quite obviously i'm not PR40 at treaty and hence am not up to Lukas's level. Tier lists are also very subjective as well as i'm sure you can appreciate and its what we are here to talk about - not really solid. The fact is from my personal experience is that its just not that hard but can be intimidating to get right at first. Maybe other people have different experiences and its cool to appreciate that, I happen to play british a lot to more practice and maybe other people not so much.

Probably the hardest thing for any boom however, in my view, is macro and timing. I even see a lot of streamers get their macro wrong and have a few extra wood / not get even food / coin for imperial etc. Its much harder to get right.

Well yeah you're not pr40. But the point is, you don't need to be pr40 to boom nearly perfectly with some civs. That's why their boom is called easy. If you need to be pr40 (or pr30+ or whatever) to boom correctly with brits, it shows that it's a hard boom. I think that's the case.
Macro can be hard yeah. But honestly brit macro is hard too, so it doesn't change that. Either way, macro is something you can learn to do rather easily (you can even learn how many vils need to be on each resource etc), even if your mechanics are bad. Cowing requires good mechanics, so it's less accessible imo.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Kaiserklein wrote:@bigsmoke I mean, that's basically how everyone is cowing. But still, when you have 30 sheep + 20 cows, and you always need to delete them, task a vil on them and shift click him, and make the livestock again, while making other stuff, it's obviously not easy to do. Again: give me one thing harder to do than cow booming, in treaty? I'm not saying it's an impossible thing to do, just that it's probably (one of) the hardest treaty mechanics.
Btw, apparently Lukas can boom up to 2800 with brits at 40. You said you do 2550. So it means you still waste 250 score somewhere. I think if it was that easy, you wouldn't. Also, please note how in cometk's tier list, the 3 hardest civs are the ones that go cow boom.

not that I'm an example to follow but I never delete cows I let vils kill them
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Please chill out Smoke and Queen. Go fight on Gameranger.

Also, macro in treaty is not really a skill or a feeling you have to develop, it's mostly remembering BO's and stuff. In 1v1's, the resource placement and treasures have very little effect on your overall economy, so you can just follow the same BO every time and get a similar result.

Cowing takes a lot of time/clicks, but during treaty you don't have a lot of stuff to do anyways. You can still micro every individual cow and villager with a little practice. During fighting it's a lot harder, which is some people choose to be noob and have a script that automatically trains new cows.