can somebody pls show how to get cuirasier with the britishes?

Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: can somebody pls show how to get cuirasier with the britishes?

Post by princeofcarthage »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well germany didn't come into existence until 1871, so it shouldn't even be in game tbf

So rather have Prussia, (Bohemia), Austria-Hungary and the Holy Roman Empire as single civs instead of one civ which combines all German states? :hmm:

No just have prussia, rest are useless
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Cometk wrote:Hi, even though this isn't a direct accusation, we don't allow this sort of stuff on the forums. I've redacted the image that was attached to the OP.

What is wrong with This question ? I’m not accusing anything. Have you come to that conclusion in you’re iwb? So you are accusing !

Anyway in all seriousness it my not be a big deal in SUP but like someone else said below TR players are a bit more serious and honorable in most cases (even if you don’t agree with that they invest a lot more time ... and it wastes a significant amount of someone’s life to play with a known cheater so TR players deserve to know. Therefore I recommend esoc change their policy since there is no other place to share this information than here. It seems like esoc mods are just taking the easy way out here

As they say if you don’t take any side at all you have already chosen the bad guys

This site could serve one of the most pressing needs of the community which is a central repository of cheaters and moderation on that front. Even if it’s a separate section and all talk of cheating is banned everywhere else. I’ve encountered two cheaters in the last week alone and I think players lose to cheaters a lot more but than they realize below pr30
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

princeofcarthage wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

So rather have Prussia, (Bohemia), Austria-Hungary and the Holy Roman Empire as single civs instead of one civ which combines all German states? :hmm:

Why, Prussia became only relevant in the 18th century while the HRE was way more relevant earlier. I think a german civ is a good compromise to summarise all the single states over time.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Why, Prussia became only relevant in the 18th century while the HRE was way more relevant earlier. I think a german civ is a good compromise to summarise all the single states over time.

The german civ in aoe 3 uses the flag of prussia so we might aswell call it prussia.
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

bubbles wrote:I've never really heard of Prussia but everyone has heard of Germany. I think people would get confused and so would I if they called that civ Prussia and not Germany.

If you haven't heard of prussia you haven't looked into European history enough.
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

Blobhemia
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

bubbles wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:
bubbles wrote:I've never really heard of Prussia but everyone has heard of Germany. I think people would get confused and so would I if they called that civ Prussia and not Germany.

If you haven't heard of prussia you haven't looked into European history enough.

I've heard of the name just really don't know or care to learn about "Prussian" history

Its literally russia with a p in front
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

Well Frederick the Great was literally Frederick the Great of Prussia, so yes it is prussia which was the most powerful german state though there were a few other powerful ones including bohemia. Further adding to the case that "germans" are really Prussians are the facts that Prussia and it's politicians were primarily responsible for the eventual unification of the german states into modern germany namely Otto Von Bismarck in the early 1870s. In reality no Germanic state government was responsible for major colonization of the americas or anywhere else on the scale of G Britain, Spain, France or the Netherlands even, but German peoples settled independently without their government, in religious groups, or as retired mercenaries granted land (Hessians fighting for brittish in the War of USA independence for example. So I think of the Germans civ as a hybrid of cultural german settlers of the new world, and a powerful prussian state that decided in a twist of history to colonize.

No the Germans are not the Holy Roman Empire, and there was no basis for the Holy Roman Empire being included in the game. They did even less colonization (which is the main topic of this game as we all know) and they were before the time period(they did exist until 1800 but not in a big way, and not as a part of modern Germany really). Also they encompassed a lot of Europe at their height not just Germany. The Military portrayed in the game as "Germans" is a pretty close representation of prussian era military although I am sure they had Musks and Grens in reality as well at least for a time. So it's definitely modeled after Prussia and represents Prussia more closely.

BTW i hereby submit my application to be Chief Historian of ESOC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_of_Germany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_von_Bismarck

Germany has been through a lot of changes politically though even in the last century with it's territory changing in both great wars.

ORiginaly people thought about incorporating German speaking Austria into the Empire, but Austria was never interested. Not that any of germany was ever interested, it was unified by conquest military and political.

An interesting side note illustrates how convoluted the political history of the German peoples is from the Knights templar until today:

Franz Joseph Hayden was a little known court musician who lived in rich estates composing songs for their owners mostly. In those days without recorded music composers did not usually become much renowned in their lifetime. He wrote a piece for the birthday of Francis II of Austria for his birthday"Gott erhalte Franz den Kaiser", and Francis II loved it so much he made it in effect the national anthem of the newly formed Austrian Empire over which he ruled. The austrians as I noted have always been resistant to being unified into north German states. And yet today, that same hymn which was originally one of Austria has had words added to it and is the National anthem of modern day germany "Deutschlandlied"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJfFtGPoACI

(it says anthem of the holy roman empires, but thats because for a few more years he ruled the HRE until it was dissolved and he came to rule just Austria )
Attachments
250px-Map-DR-Prussia.svg.png