Unconventional german boom

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Unconventional german boom

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I normally play with india but I thought about another way german could boom having thought about how long it takes german to get out of age 3 sometimes. So instead I thought why not make settler wagons in age 4 after you have sent your 2 factories. Ironically I didn't seem to age any faster that what was indicated by some pro german players stats on ELO. Getting to age 4 at about 14 mins and age 5 at 20. However even so my scores were not that far apart being 2528 after I perfected that boom, and then getting a 2557 booming the traditional way making wagons in age 3 (maybe i could do better if I tried it more than once). All of them were don on andes with no trade route and no llamas. So I find it kind of interesting that it didn't seem to matter when the wagons were made. So what are typical german scores on andes? any thoughts?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: Unconventional german boom

Post by Jaeger »

20 SW>>>> 2 factories so I think prioritizing SW is better.

Also I don't play treaty but I imagine u get a lot of xp from buildin mills and making SW, so when u get to indus u have already sent ur the SW training card and cand send 2 factories right away. If you go indus first, you might send the 2 factories with delay between them and then have to wait even longer for the SW training card.

I don't know why people debate so much on factory vs guild artisans tho, guild artisans is about 14 vills while a factory is like 8 so no contest
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I had 3 cards waiting when I went industrial after sending refrigeration and the mining card in age 3 and somewhere in that was the wagons from farms card.. then i used the 1500 coin xp tech to get my plantation upgrades in age 5. overall 2 factories are worth 12 vills (maybe more if on wood). but you do that as an instant bonus and without any cost. if the guilds card is the one that increases settler wagons 33% then yeah i think that should be sent before a factory if u have your wagons made. I was still aging at similar times. But i do think age 3 is better I just wanted to see what would happen if.... I just found it ironic that even though I did these 2 different booms the results were about the same, only off about 3k resources.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

2600 is a baseline for a good german boom considering you have decent natural resources
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

Post by adderbrain5 »

ovi12 wrote:20 SW>>>> 2 factories so I think prioritizing SW is better.

Also I don't play treaty but I imagine u get a lot of xp from buildin mills and making SW, so when u get to indus u have already sent ur the SW training card and cand send 2 factories right away. If you go indus first, you might send the 2 factories with delay between them and then have to wait even longer for the SW training card.

I don't know why people debate so much on factory vs guild artisans tho, guild artisans is about 14 vills while a factory is like 8 so no contest

Another thing is that your already pop effociency OP gatherers become even more pop efficient gatherers. With guild artisans you can just have SW and all the rest of your pop army sometimes. And who in the world wouldnt have both fact and guild artisans in their TR dec? Some arrogant sup noob probably
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

hes not saying to not have the card in the deck, hes asking about a different build order
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I think I did pretty good considering I don't play germans very often, I do have a little trouble getting my TC up in time. guess i need to move more off food in transition. And could be better at herding. I had about 60k coin n food and 13wood at the end with an army and all upgrades and a decent base. I would work more on my base in real game.

of cource I would have all 3 cards, factories are possibly the best card u can have. But if you have 20 wagons its better to send the guild first.

I also notice people use wagons on 4 mills and then build like 11 plantations. wouldnt it be better to build like 9 mills and 7 plantations? (rough villie spread 60 on food/ 80 on coin)
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

no because germany is a coin heavy civ, the only case they become slightly food heavy is when you are in natives
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

well i guess the idea was that 20 wagons are like 60 villies( or is it really like 52 since guilds is the only specific tech for them and its 33%) so its just balancing the 2 resources while buying less expensive plantations
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:well i guess the idea was that 20 wagons are like 60 villies( or is it really like 52 since guilds is the only specific tech for them and its 33%) so its just balancing the 2 resources while buying less expensive plantations

Each SW is 2 vills so 20 is 40 vills. Guild artisans is 35% so about 14 vills. Thats 54 vills for the pop of 40
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

I understand your concept but its still a no go, they are a coin heavy civ so you need more coin unless you are in nats. Out of nats your eco distrib is 20 sw on food 73-80 on coin and the rest on wood, then after 40 balance your eco spread accordingly. While in nats you are going to want 20 sw on food with 8-10 vills on food as well, then the rest on coin and wood. Typically you are going to want between 15-20k wood when you are playing nats.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

ok, so 54 is the magic number, So i guess at the end you are deleting your 20-30 wood cutters and like 20 coin?
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

i can't say the number per resources because each game is different but yeah between 40-50 vills
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yeah i get that part, some games might be good to stay heavy on vills and just hold ground playing defensive increasing eco, then playing aggressive once enemy eco weakened a bit.