Treaty- Merchantilism, All military Cards 1st?

No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Treaty- Merchantilism, All military Cards 1st?

Post by agentyoyo »

Please forgive me for asking these questions, as many great players have already paved the way and found the best ways/methods already.

Whens the earliest you do merchantlisim. I notice top tier players do it to get the 2nd factory. Is there anyway you can send it earlier? No right- whenever I do, I age late.

What about sending all your military cards first (started to think about way back when PI said something about it). It's over the top I know, so, whats the number of of extra military cards you would gamble and send from the norm, 1, 2?

Exceptions to these rules, British? I also dont send team fatten faster, theres an extra card? Also, If your freakishly good, and never get close to emptying your stockpile, it doesn't matter how much you have stockpiled, right? Your production can surpass your costs?

I played w Brit, did not wall, did not have vills around the map at the end of treaty, 9 plantations, only 2 farms. Eco is not prepared for the fight. 50k/20k/35k res.
No Rockets*. Facts were on food for 10 mins, hopefully can get good enough to put them on Rockets- I play hugely food heavy. All military cards att/hp+ sent except church.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: Treaty- Merchantilism, All military Cards 1st?

Post by Jaeger »

You notice top level players get mercantilism for second factory? I don't think they do, most civs send something like eco theoey->royal mint/refirgeration->fac->fac so there is little to no downtime between factories. I think you're supposed to get it after you click up to imperial or from the 2000 gold age up, it slows you down too much if you get it before imp.

You want to prioritize all your eco cards first, and then you probably want to prioritize one of fencing school/riding school, then church card (unless you're germany), then probably AA since it has a lot of upgrades in just 1 card. After that probably just upgrade your main/most powerful unit, like for spain you would upgrade lancers. And after treaty ends I think you want to send fencing/riding school, then cheaper natives, then the rest of your upgrades.

I don't really play treaty, just my opinion
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

British Card Order
Ranching > Stockyards > TEAM Wool Staple Ports > Fulling Mills > Factory > Factory > Royal Mint > Cigar Roller > Rum Distillery > Church Card > Fencing School > Cavalry School > your choice...

You can send AdvancedArsenal instead of FencingSchool or CavalrySchool
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

ovi12 wrote:You notice top level players get mercantilism for second factory? I don't think they do, most civs send something like eco theoey->royal mint/refirgeration->fac->fac so there is little to no downtime between factories. I think you're supposed to get it after you click up to imperial or from the 2000 gold age up, it slows you down too much if you get it before imp.

You want to prioritize all your eco cards first, and then you probably want to prioritize one of fencing school/riding school, then church card (unless you're germany), then probably AA since it has a lot of upgrades in just 1 card. After that probably just upgrade your main/most powerful unit, like for spain you would upgrade lancers. And after treaty ends I think you want to send fencing/riding school, then cheaper natives, then the rest of your upgrades.

I don't really play treaty, just my opinion

awww, no, ty, my mistake
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

_NiceKING_ wrote:British Card Order
Ranching > Stockyards > TEAM Wool Staple Ports > Fulling Mills > Factory > Factory > Royal Mint > Cigar Roller > Rum Distillery > Church Card > Fencing School > Cavalry School > your choice...

You can send AdvancedArsenal instead of FencingSchool or CavalrySchool

THX!
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

You upgrade mercantile after you clicked the button to age 5, not before (unless your macro was really poor and you end up with 400 food and 5500 coin for some reason).

To the second question: Eco cards > military cards. You always wanna send all eco cards UNLESS you'd end up without a training card (usually fast inf) at 40 or you're fur trading (in which case you're not sending the plantation cards of course).
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

Lukas_L99 wrote:You upgrade mercantile after you clicked the button to age 5, not before (unless your macro was really poor and you end up with 400 food and 5500 coin for some reason).

To the second question: Eco cards > military cards. You always wanna send all eco cards UNLESS you'd end up without a training card (usually fast inf) at 40 or you're fur trading (in which case you're not sending the plantation cards of course).

ok, cool, thx