Treaty 40 in 10 Minutes Scenario

United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Treaty 40 in 10 Minutes Scenario

Post by dicktator_ »

Overview: A common complaint I’ve heard is that treaty is very time consuming. One must set aside at least 60-90 minutes to play a game. The aim of this scenario is to solve that problem by essentially skipping 30 minutes of the boom period. Players have 10 minutes to set up bases and create armies, then the fight begins. It’s designed for the treaty fanpatch (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6132). Only for 1v1 cause 2v2 would be twice as much work, I might make a 2v2 version at some point if enough people ask.

Map: Orinoco with Inca natives and instead of a crossing (where you can place units but cannot build) there is land (where you can place units and build). An alternative version without any native posts will also be provided. The river looks weird because I redrew it to make it more straight but I couldn't find the specific Ori river, so I used the Amazonia one instead. If there is enough interest I'll make an Andes version as well.
screen2.jpg

How It Works: Host with ten-minute treaty, start in discovery age. At the start of the game, players will be granted resources based on their civ, and mills, plantations, a market. and other various civ-specific buildings will be spawned. Vills will also be spawned in groups next to the mills and plantations. The game auto pauses one second in (it will say “[P1] has paused the game”, but keep in mind that it’s actually an auto-pause caused by a trigger with a timer). Players should use the pause to task vills onto their respective mills and plantations, task sheep/cows onto respective pens/shrines when applicable, and pick decks. After the pause, players will have 90 secs where they can age up, research upgrades, send shipments, and build certain buildings at a much faster rate. Players should use this time to age up to imperial, get all eco upgrades, and send any eco shipments. After 90 seconds, research rates and shipment rates will be restored to normal. Players can use the remaining time for walling, basing, and creating start armies. Some civs have ageups that grant vills, and putting those politicians in forbidden techs or using triggers to ban them did not work. So, I included a safeguard to prevent abuse of these overpop vill ageups. Vills train much slower for the 90 seconds that research rates are increased, and civs with vill ageups start with less vills to make up for it. So to max on vills, those civs must use their respective vill ageups.

Some civ-specific things
-Aztec: Start with 10 WP as well, must be tasked to firepit.

-Brits: Start with 5 pen (group of 3 for sheep and group of 2 for cows), 30 sheep, and 20 manor houses. As soon as they send the age one cow card, 20 cows are spawned next to cow pens.

-China: One deck without wood cards and two decks with wood cards, sawmills and exotic hardwoods grant 2k and 3k wood respectively.

-Dutch: Start with 4 banks, the remaining banks must be built. For the 90 seconds that research rates are increased, banks build much faster as well.

-Germany: Germany starts with 3 SW and can get an additional SW through their age 2 ageup. Sending Germantown Farmers causes the additional 16 SW to spawn.

-India: Start with Sacred Fields and 20 sacred cows. Euro vills must be researched through consulate.

-Iro: Will be added once the patch handles them.

-Japan: Start with 20 shrines 4 sheep next to each shrine, as well as 8 sheep in a separate group, sheep must be tasked to their respective shrines.

-Otto: Start with less resources than the civ would realistically have but wood trade grants 20k food. The mosque upgrades that increase vill limit and grant vills are banned but they still have a 99 vill limit.

-Sioux: Big button tech for TC is unavailable but after 9 minutes 10 dog soldiers are spawned.

Explanations (for those interested):
-I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to have vills already gathering on mills/plantations/paddies when the game starts unless you place them using the object placer, and I have to use triggers so that the scenario works for every civ. This is why vills need to be manually tasked.

-I wanted to emulate the treaty experience as best as I possibly could, down to the base scores. This is why players must start in discovery and age up themselves. If I made it post imperial, base scores would be unrealistically high, because in a normal game, players won’t research every single upgrade. If I made it imperial but not post imperial, base scores would be unrealistically low. In games that start in imperial, the ages themselves do not count towards score, whereas when players age up themselves the resources spent on ageups do count toward score. Creating the most realistic base score possible is also why I have players research eco upgrades themselves rather than just auto-researching them.

-Brits: To emulate the treaty experience as best as possible I also wanted decks and required cards to be the same, this is why cows are not spawned until the card that enables cows is sent.

-China: In normal treaty China has two booms. They can send both wood cards, gather wood/food (and coin but after 40), and put facs on coin. This yields more resources but China must sacrifice two cards in their deck to get it. Their other boom is to not send wood cards, gather food/coin, and have factories on wood. This doesn’t yield as many resources but gives them more space in their deck. To reflect this, decks for both booms have been provided, and sending wood cards grants wood to reflect the 20 minutes the player would have spent with improved wood gathering.

-Germany: Same as the Brits/ranching deal.

-Otto: In a normal games people don’t trade as late as 30 minutes into the game. The food granted by trade is to reflect the time the players would’ve spent gathering food after trade was sent. This way, players have flexibility over how much or how little food they want to trade but still end treaty with the appropriate amount of resources. Mosque vill limit upgrades were banned because on the treaty fanpatch they grant vills, but by teching them through triggers I was able to maintain their 99 vill limit.

-Sioux: The 10 dog soldier overpop is an essential part to the Sioux start army in TR40 but the big button tech is on a 30 minute timer, so I just removed the tech and spawned the dog soldiers through a trigger on a 9 minute timer (the player should have their start army done before then).

How to Download: Download the files and put them in Documents/My Games/Age of Empires 3/Scenario

Bugs: There are probably a few bugs that I missed when I was creating this, if you find any please post here and I’ll fix them (or you could fix them yourself as the scenario editor is fairly easy to use, just be sure to save under a different name if you do).

Versions:
-V1.0: Initial release
-V1.1: Aztec start with 89 vills instead of 99, fixed a mistake where I forgot to set vill training rates back to normal, and added some trees behind each player's base.
-V1.2: Fixed a mistake where P2's India vills spawned in the wrong base and added Engineering School to Russia decks.
-V1.3: Fixed a bug where age 1 mills did not show up in the Otto decks (my theory is that this happeend because I opened the scenario editor and did some editing while on the RE patch, where Ottos dont have the age 1 mill card)
-V1.4 (was gonna do this a week ago but is gich mentioned I took a break): Otto start with 5k more coin (they pretty consistently get 2300+ in 2v2s now so their score wasn't high enough), China spawn with 12 ckn and 12 pikes to reflect time the summer palace would've spent making units.
-V1.5: Japan starts with -6k food and +6k coin, changed dutch decks to be compatible with the latest trfp version (viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6132&start=25).
-V1.6: Dutch starts with -6k coin, Ports start with +5k food, Russia starts with +5k coin.
Attachments
TR40In10MinsV1_6NoNat.age3Yscn
(162.44 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
TR40In10MinsV1_6.age3Yscn
(162.67 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Re: Treaty 40 in 10 Minutes Scenario

Post by Gichtenlord »

Lel, I had the same idea, but was always too lazy to implement it. Kudos to you!
r]
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

nice ! gj
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

a lot of people have had this idea, but not many the skill or initiative to actually implement it. well done!
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

dicktator_ wrote:-Aztec: Start with 10 WP as well, must be tasked to firepit. I think Aztecs should start with 89 vills, so that you do not have to delete them to send "10 vills" shipment.

-Brits: Start with 5 pen (group of 3 for sheep and group of 2 for cows), 30 sheep, and 20 manor houses. As soon as they send the age one cow card, 20 cows are spawned next to cow pens. Brits start with 93 vills, you get +2 vills from age up, where do you get 4 other vills?
Vills train very slow during the whole game.

Bugs: There are probably a few bugs that I missed when I was creating this, if you find any please post here and I’ll fix them (or you could fix them yourself as the scenario editor is fairly easy to use, just be sure to save under a different name if you do). Cannot ransom explorers at the moment.
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:-Aztec: Start with 10 WP as well, must be tasked to firepit. I think Aztecs should start with 89 vills, so that you do not have to delete them to send "10 vills" shipment.

-Brits: Start with 5 pen (group of 3 for sheep and group of 2 for cows), 30 sheep, and 20 manor houses. As soon as they send the age one cow card, 20 cows are spawned next to cow pens. Brits start with 93 vills, you get +2 vills from age up, where do you get 4 other vills?
Vills train very slow during the whole game.

Bugs: There are probably a few bugs that I missed when I was creating this, if you find any please post here and I’ll fix them (or you could fix them yourself as the scenario editor is fairly easy to use, just be sure to save under a different name if you do). Cannot ransom explorers at the moment.

Shit...

Brits have an indust age up that gives four vills. Everything else you mentioned is easily fixable, except the being unable to ransom explorers. Ransoming explorers is actually a really important part of treaty, and I have no idea why this bug would occur or how to fix it. Would hate to see the scenario become unplayable because of one bug D: I'll look into it I guess.

Edit: Unfortunately, the ransom button is apparently not available in scenarios (all I could find on the subject is this: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/for ... 56,270,all). I'll try to find an alternative to ransoming explorers, but until then I'll just release the other bugfixes.

Edit #2 (I dont like double posting): Two more bugs were pointed out to me, I'll release the fixed version tomorrow (I don't want to swarm people with updates but some India vills spawning in the wrong base seemed like a big enough deal to warrant it). Message me on ESO if you notice any more bugs, and if anyone has a possible solution to explorers not ransoming in scenarios that would be cool too (as a last resort I might just ask pi to do away with ransoming and make explorers trainable from euro TCs like they are for TAD civs in the next iteration of the patch. It would be a good way to nerf explorer spamming too).
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

@dicktator_ Russia does not have "engineering school" card in your decks.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

Is It possible to make it map specific using triggers in RMS and make it rated?
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

hunter wrote:Is It possible to make it map specific using triggers in RMS and make it rated?

I talked to Musketeer925 (trying to solve the explorer ransom problem, no luck on that) and he said that it would be possible to make a scenario like this using RMS. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have the knowledge required to do so. Random map scripts are much more difficult to work with than the scenario editor. When I start making the Andes version I could try to learn I guess, but I'd like to get resource amounts right in the current scenario first. I did all my testing in games VS comps, where scores are inflated due to complete lack of lag, and I forgot to account for that. It's very possible that some civs (like otto) do not start with enough res.
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

dicktator_ wrote:
hunter wrote:Is It possible to make it map specific using triggers in RMS and make it rated?

I talked to Musketeer925 (trying to solve the explorer ransom problem, no luck on that) and he said that it would be possible to make a scenario like this using RMS. Unfortunately at the moment I don't have the knowledge required to do so. Random map scripts are much more difficult to work with than the scenario editor. When I start making the Andes version I could try to learn I guess, but I'd like to get resource amounts right in the current scenario first. I did all my testing in games VS comps, where scores are inflated due to complete lack of lag, and I forgot to account for that. It's very possible that some civs (like otto) do not start with enough res.

Yeah I understand all the probs and you did a good job with the scenario also, I was asking it in context that if it is possible to do so with RMS then it will be possible to make games rated and not scenario, which will result in drastic time reduction in tr games and thereby maybe able to play more games a day etc and also more people adopting it
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I heard riki is great with rms
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

You could add more triggers to task Vils to gather and research all the right techs at the start. (You can argue techs you research is a relevant choice I guess but meh).
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Nr10 Deathmatch.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

If you need any custom triggers for this then I'm perfectly happy to help out with that.
oranges.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Aizamk wrote:If you need any custom triggers for this then I'm perfectly happy to help out with that.

The biggest issue right now is that you arent able to revive nilla-civ explorers from the tc. Do you maybe know how to fix it? Dicktator_ is having a break from aoe3 for an unknown period of time, so it would be nice, if you could help us out! :flowers:
r]
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Gichtenlord wrote:
Aizamk wrote:If you need any custom triggers for this then I'm perfectly happy to help out with that.

The biggest issue right now is that you arent able to revive nilla-civ explorers from the tc. Do you maybe know how to fix it? Dicktator_ is having a break from aoe3 for an unknown period of time, so it would be nice, if you could help us out! :flowers:

As musketeer925 probably already said, nobody in the history of aoe3 modding has ever found a way to make that ransom button appear in Scenarios, and I have said the same whenever people asked me before :P

The best alternative I can think of at the moment is a pseudo-ransom method, which may be inconvenient to use.

Essentially, using a hotkey whilst selecting a town center would (provided you have 100g and a fainted explorer) cause you to tribute 100g to gaia, teleport that (fainted) explorer to the vicinity of your town center and then heal him back to 100%. No guarantee that I can actually make a trigger that works in multiplayer (teleporting may be a bit sketchy) and does this, but if it's an acceptable method then I'll have a go.
oranges.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Aizamk wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:

As musketeer925 probably already said, nobody in the history of aoe3 modding has ever found a way to make that ransom button appear in Scenarios, and I have said the same whenever people asked me before :P

The best alternative I can think of at the moment is a pseudo-ransom method, which may be inconvenient to use.

Essentially, using a hotkey whilst selecting a town center would (provided you have 100g and a fainted explorer) cause you to tribute 100g to gaia, teleport that (fainted) explorer to the vicinity of your town center and then heal him back to 100%. No guarantee that I can actually make a trigger that works in multiplayer (teleporting may be a bit sketchy) and does this, but if it's an acceptable method then I'll have a go.

Alright, that seems like too much work for just enabling a single civ(port - 3explorers) to be viable.
Another question: Would it be possible for you, to copy all of the things dicktator_ did to a new map like this:
aoe3mapwhatevershit.png

(#semi-drunk paint skillz)
Only, if it doesnt take too much time, of course. :flowers:
r]
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

Why not just take the next step and move to RMS instead of doing it in scenario? I am sure that you can have fixed map with fixed positions and other stuff around the tc. Ofcourse you won't have variations in maps but that is the same case atm isn't it?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

hunter wrote:Why not just take the next step and move to RMS instead of doing it in scenario? I am sure that you can have fixed map with fixed positions and other stuff around the tc. Ofcourse you won't have variations in maps but that is the same case atm isn't it?

I actually enjoy to play dicktators scenario more than a normal treaty game, but enabling this to make it rated? Im not sure about it, since some civs are just waaaaaay superior on this map such as brit/france/ger
Edit: its just hard to find a balance mu on it, but you could always play it unrated ofc.
r]
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

After the balance patch sparring 2-3 doesn't everyone like play france germany only
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

nah, lots of civ diversity right now. Anyone just plays the civ he wants to.
r]
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Make an Andes version and rated.
Howdah
EWT

Post by dicktator_ »

Gichtenlord wrote:
Aizamk wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Alright, that seems like too much work for just enabling a single civ(port - 3explorers) to be viable.
Another question: Would it be possible for you, to copy all of the things dicktator_ did to a new map like this:
aoe3mapwhatevershit.png

(#semi-drunk paint skillz)
Only, if it doesnt take too much time, of course. :flowers:

That would be pretty simple to do actually, and it looks like for the next few days I'll have loads of time on my hands. I might do it this weekend.

The advantages to doing RMS over scenario editor would be that players would be able to use their own HCs, it could be rated, it would be compatible for 1v1/2v2/3v3, and explorer ransom would be available. Seems like it'd be pretty difficult to do though, for example getting buildings to spawn in the right locations when I can't visually see the map would be a bitch.
No Flag lybrand
Crossbow
ESO: lybrand

Post by lybrand »

guys this is not the same of play deatchmatch? xDD