Why is NR so popular in aoe3?

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Re: Why is NR so popular in aoe3?

Post by Cometk »

my philosophy with free for all is that anything goes, as long as you're having fun. i might feel like rushing somebody and that'll be fun for me in the moment. it wouldn't be fun for the guy i'm rushing, but oh well. if i were to be rushed, it isn't quite fun for me, but i know the other guy must be enjoying it. fair game.

if it's a late-game scenario and i know two players are fighting each other, i wouldn't dare attack either of them because i know how un-fun it is to fight 1v2. it would be a walkover too; what enjoyment would i get out of beating somebody who's double-teamed? neither of us wins here.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I enjoy tricking all players to attack others in such order that I come out as winner. So if you ever get 2v1d, just remember that someone is enjoying his grand masterplan.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Papist wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:yeah the whole purpose of TR is to level out the playing field to create a fair matchup late game. I know a player who steals hunts and then uses german high vil pop to clear all the trees. Its not fun to play with him at all.

FFA is a fundamentally different game mode than standard treaty. In FFA, seizing space and resources in order to be the last man standing is the name of the game. It is less about fighting a fair fight, and more about winning.

Hey not sure why you quoted me for FFA when I was talking about TR (I am known for playing FFA but I do play TR sometimes though recently I haven't been as much and losing PR)

To address your point though I will say that is true of FFA but on large maps those looking for straight booms can be successful with a strong turtle using the Res around the base which is plentiful on large maps. Small maps though you really want to make some kills so there are more hunts and mines to take.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

cometk is great FFA player. seen this guy trade out his RES just to level out the scores after waiting for 2 players to finish battle.... ur awesome dude!