The Viceroy politician

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

The Viceroy politician

Post by pecelot »

As the British or the Dutch, is it worth delaying the Industrial Age advancement until you have 99 vills so that you can have additional 4 or is it better to just age up as soon as possible for the Factories and later on Capitol improvements?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: [NR] The Viceroy politician

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Quicker factories and capitol improvements are way more villagers than 4 and don't cost population.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

But in the long run you can have an edge, plus you don't actually have to sacrifice that much, as with a manor boom and 3 TCs you probably don't have to wait long for reaching 99 vills.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

You do as dutch since they only have 50 vills. As brits you would rather be age 4/5 faster.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

4 vills is less significant than you would think. You will only gather a few thousand extra res by 40, and after 40 they still good although they are now taking up military pop space.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

It's standard to wait for 50 vills for Dutch, not for Brit. But Cometk calculated it doesn't make a big difference. After 40 you will start losing fb vills so they won't be alive for long unless you're really good or a lot better than your opponent.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

Maxing settlers before going to age 4 and then getting +4 vills is only good for dutch. In nr40 it isnt that important, because you will lose villagers to fb as ovi said. But in nr55 where the boom is alot longer and you wont run the same risk of losing fb vills, the +4 vills can be quite important.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

pecelot wrote:But in the long run you can have an edge, plus you don't actually have to sacrifice that much, as with a manor boom and 3 TCs you probably don't have to wait long for reaching 99 vills.

You are likely not going to be playing long enough for that "edge" to become relevant. Not only would you have a lot of gathering to make up for (2 factories on wood = 16 villagers, plus many more from Capitol upgrades), you would have to pull ahead of your opponent by a significant amount for it to pay off. This is where diminishing returns come into play as well - 4 vils have less relative impact on your economy when it's larger.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

britishmusketeer wrote:4 vills is less significant than you would think. You will only gather a few thousand extra res by 40, and after 40 they still good although they are now taking up military pop space.

Yeah, I was thinking about the importance of military population space in later stages, too, though I have to admit I didn't really take into consideration losing villagers in combat, which I certainly should have. Thanks for the clarification and wise comments, everyone! :)
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

4 vills is always better than 1k coin
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

dutch yes, brit no.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Also as Dutch it's even more important not to lose Vila ever for this reason imo.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Haha this guy is a bot I think
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You are not wrong!
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Is this politician any good for germany? As in get 99 villagers 20 settler wagons, then going to IV?
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America loquacioushoneybee
Crossbow

Post by loquacioushoneybee »

noissance wrote:Is this politician any good for germany? As in get 99 villagers 20 settler wagons, then going to IV?

germany has 140 vills effectively it isn't going to scale as well as dutch ideally you want to get to indus fast because Germany has 3 shipments which you need to send when you get there

the wagon upgrade and the two facts
Ask not for whom the timer ticks, it ticks for thee.
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

pecelot wrote:But in the long run you can have an edge, plus you don't actually have to sacrifice that much, as with a manor boom and 3 TCs you probably don't have to wait long for reaching 99 vills.

You lose about 4-5 min of imperial gathering time by waiting for max vils. So for 4 vils to finally pay off, you would need to play an NR 120 approx. Sadly, people do play NR120's, so this thread will be valuable to some poor devils somewhere
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa