Villager cards in treaty.

United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Villager cards in treaty.

Post by site »

I was playing a NR40 2v2 game and my team mate told me I should remove the villager cards from my deck because they are a waste of space for treaty. I was playing as Dutch.

Is that the case? Is it better to put in 2 eco cards in place of the 3v and 4v cards?
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: Villager cards in treaty.

Post by dicktator_ »

You should never use vill cards in TAD treaty, except for team 3 vills as Aztec or team 2 wagons as Germany on RE patch. On nilla, you should use some vill cards (one per deck, maybe two if you can afford the space) because there's a glitch that lets you overpop beyond the vill limit.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

I see a lot of noobs having villy cards on there deck... and its a waste... you have 40.55 min to make 99 villys... should use another card
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Vill cards are bad for the following reason: You will, with an average civ, reach max vill pop at around 18ish mins (dependent on civ). That means that more than half of your gathering time is spent at max vill pop. Villager shipments speed up the time to max vill population, but don't help you at all for the around 22mins after you get max vills, or before they come in. Therefore, an eco card (like 20% mill gathering for example) is worth alot more resources since, assuming you have, say, 60 vill pop on mills from 20mins to the end of the game, that's like having 12 extra vills on those mills, which is better return than any vill shipment could yield you before max vill pop.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer
ESO: stonecold316

Post by stonecold316 »

dicktator is 100% correct.
you will also find that the majority of players that do use vill cards in deck are predominately nilla players.
it is a rare site to go on nilla and to vs a player not trying to over pop there civ for eco advantage.