in TR how many times do you ransom explorer?

Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Re: in TR how many times do you ransom explorer?

Post by Gichtenlord »

stonecold316 wrote:for ports only no other civ has 3 explorers plus it still stands against a good oponent the only thing thats useful is the crackshot running explorers blindly in treaty is noob

looks like all top treaty players are noob :(

On a more serious note, even just sending one fully upgraded explorer is worth it. A single explorer can take so many shots and, in the end, you just lose 200g. Imagine how many of your normal units would die if there was no explorer during this time. It would be way more ressources than 200g. Explorers are also great to block cannon shots and to force skirms into melee mode, in which they are significantly weaker.
r]
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

lmao hes arguing with all of us
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

There is no point in trying to argue with someone trying to convince himself he is right.
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

I think the Hero is vital...

I personally love to use them on stand ground mode right behind my cannons.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

stonecold316 wrote:well if u dont control your explorers then its pretty much your own fault ransom 100 times really?
try putting the explorers in a stand fast position behind your fighting army and when your explorers get a crack shot each designate them to a full health strongest unit kill and back off
as ports there is no real excuse to give opponent 10k coin or even 5 k coin

how many times then? many of these ORI games go for over an hour if equally matched. If the whole point of the unit is to tank then placing them behind enemy lines is going to be a inefficient use of the unit because it wont be there tanking, just providing crack shots. But the more you put them in front to tank hits the more they are going to die and need to be ransomed. I bet this is happening a lot more than people think when they are ports are doing that 3x. But it obviously is cost effective because ports are one of the hardest civs to drain.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

however now on the TR patch it might be better to do as stonecold says keep them in back to use the crack shot. Having an Hi tag will make them much more susceptible to cannon fire and running them out in front to tank will be met by quick death to skirms which tend to make up the majority of everyone's armies.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:Having an Hi tag will make them much more susceptible to cannon fire and running them out in front to tank will be met by quick death to skirms which tend to make up the majority of everyone's armies.

On RE explorers already have an „Infantry" tag, which means that all cannons deal bonus damage against them.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

to my understanding on RE explorers do not have any natural counters and this was changed on the patch.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You mentioned cannons, they in fact have a multiplier against explorers. Just check in the editor?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

oh i did not realize that without any inf tags that they would.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Explorers do have "Infantry" tag on RE. On TP, they got additional "Heavy Infantry" tag.
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer
ESO: stonecold316

Post by stonecold316 »

well its better to keep explorers in the back line they still fire they still make a target but they die less and the crack shot is very useful when people try and cav spam your art from a flanking position
the crack about top treaty players being noob. i havent yet seen a pro rush player eco well on a treaty gameinfact i have a twitchtv game of 2 rush players with 2400 and a 2500 elo play a treaty game and both were complete noobs in fight and ecoing
just saying why make a crack when the evidence can be swayed on rush players being noob also?
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer

Post by stonecold316 »

tsukasa100932 and bigv were there names. but its in the recording twitchtv ston3cold316 spain vs china epic battle down to the wire
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Always put explorers in front of your army and use crackshoot when it's available, build TC near your fight to spam explorer. Thaaaaaat's it.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i dunno.... i just watch conq999 with ports on andes use that 7time, 5times, 6, 5, 4 times in a minute each.... and assuming he did not get any double clicks in. thats averaging about 4-5 times a minute! thats almost like losing a factory and setting it up on the other side!

I think on the patched they were nerfed enough you cant play that way with them anymore.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

I don't know how else to convince you guys so i'll say this one more time. 200 gold for a 2500k hp musketeer no matter how much he dies is worth it
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I am saying the tactic of pushing that unit to front lines just to tank is much more severly punished. but using them in back lines to use crack shot seems much more conservative. That high HP musket does not do the damage of a musket and cost 8x the coin.

He lost that match BTW. the fighting went on for about 40 minutes.... how much coin did he have to fight back for? we may never really know but it well over 10k in coin.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Imo just don't make any units at all, they only cost resources and give the opponent XP when he kills them
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I would like to see a match between two of the tops TR players both with ports, one using the 2 explorer card and other other using something eles.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I would like to see a match between two of the tops TR players both with ports, one using the 2 explorer card and other other using something eles.

The one with the explorer card would win easily cause he's gonna lose less units overall and can kill 2 more huss with the crack shot every minute or so
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

lets see it. then we can ascertain how balanced the card is. but i think its more about how thy are used rather than having them or not..... the tactic people are claiming to do is run them into enemy armies in front.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

one of the unknown factors in that tactic is really only about 30-40% of army is figting at one time, but running something to front lines or to engage skirms in melee open those units up to the range of more units.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:one of the unknown factors in that tactic is really only about 30-40% of army is figting at one time

Then you're doing something wrong
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

im simply looking at you guysd play... there is a front line, then some units out of range, blocked by units, then 4 culvs in back waiting for cannon to pop, then units in training and walking. maybe 30% is low but not every unit is fighting all the time.

for the sake of balance testing would be an interesting match
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer

Post by stonecold316 »

i see a valid point and howl is correct u arent going to run your infantry into canons and smart players keep there canons out of culv range so explorer running in would be owned 9 times out of 10 by canon fire