Germans — Uhlans & vill pop

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Germans — Uhlans & vill pop

Post by pecelot »

I know it's been fixed in the FP, but on RE you get a shitload of Uhlans with every useful shipment. When treaty time expires, I'm almost always left with 140 villager population and around 30 Uhlans. What should I do with them then? Delete before the fights begin to make a more balanced army or simply trade them somehow early on not to waste the bonus?
Also, another question: when should one delete their villagers? I've always thought that the longer you can hold with 140 villager population, the better. When it comes to the crunch, you just kill them, leaving Settler Wagons alive, and steamroll your opponent off your massive resource savings. Is that a correct way to play it?
Any advice would be much appreciated!
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Re: Germans — Uhlans & vill pop

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

you could try to run around his start army causing confusion going for wall villies and explorer building post.... give you an extra minute to then delete vills and build FB

that could cause you some issues if he decides to push forward though. then you better pop down
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

I usually delete them (not all) to make artillery etc. Depends on your opponent civ too. For example, vs Aztecs, you don't want any uhlans.
You should delete vills at 38-39 mins, depending on the distance between your military buildings and half map, so that you can be ready with your army at 40 on battlefield. People usually delete ~50 vills. You can delete more and always remake them if you are almost out of eco.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

You delete vills at 39 mins. anytime before that you are hurting your boom, anytime less than that and you wont have enough time to set up
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

@charlemagen , how many of them should I leave alive?
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

use some for treasure hunting at least
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

pecelot wrote:@charlemagen , how many of them should I leave alive?

i delete 50 as a standard, but vs some civs you delete more
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yeah, always delete at least 50 vills as German on Andes unless it's a mirror in nats and the cliffs are a choke, then u can get away with deleting only 40. In nr55/nr60 a good strat is to stay full on vills in walls for as long as possible and only delete when your opponent starts pushing (I find it best to delete in 10-20 vill increments so that u don't have to queue 50 pop worth of units at once). Obviously this strat works best in a 1v1 cause in a team game your mate will get doubled if you try this.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by charlemagen »

and vs civs like port or india it can be a good idea to delete 60
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer
ESO: stonecold316

Post by stonecold316 »

as germans i usually also like charles and dicktator delete 1 min prior but i usually delete 75 vills giving me a nice large pop to push hard
but thats just me as germans
there eco is impressive against most civs u shouldnt really have an issue deleting down that low but if u do late game u can rebuild ur eco and defend
but if on andes and i only do this on andes map i delete 50 and use 25 to die to build walls and base if they do not die they keep building walls until they do as thats all those 25 are good for
United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Post by illusioNtEk »

It really depends on who your fighting to be honest.... if your fighting vs a pro you better delete 40 to 50 villys.... vs a noob maybe start out with 20 to 40 ish
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

If you feel like you can't use Uhlan in your start army you can let treasure guardians kill them instead of deleting them yourself. That way you won't be giving any xp to your opponent (the xp your opponent recives equals almost to one extra shipment before 40 if you kill all you Uhlans). Getting rid of your Uhlans this way can be usefull if u have some spare apm and an otherwise useless treasure somewhere on the map (like a tame cougar). I use this mainly on ori where you have plenty of time to do this while still not disrupting the more important parts of the boom.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

@martinspjuth , that's actually wise, thanks, I'll try that one day! :D