Let's come up with new Treaty Maps

United States of America illusioNtEk
Skirmisher
ESO: illusioNtEk

Let's come up with new Treaty Maps

Post by illusioNtEk »

Hey guys!

The most popular maps currently is Andes, Deccan and Orinoco.. but after a while these 3 maps can get boring at times....
How about we come up with new map types maybe game types for something different to play once in a while...

How about Navy Treaty battle? Huge navy battles would be interesting to watch... the best navy treaty map currently would be Caribbean but maybe we can create a custom one?

Or how about a map like AoE2's Michi which looks like this

What do you guys think? Maybe we can get some cool new maps for Treaty patch.. Me and many friends would love to be testers :)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Let's come up with new Treaty Maps

Post by pecelot »

I like the idea, although I'm afraid it would be pretty unbalanced given the current state of RE civs. As far as I'm concerned, Treaty FP didn't touch the water, unfortunately.
Skirmisher

Post by illusioNtEk »

pecelot wrote:I like the idea, although I'm afraid it would be pretty unbalanced given the current state of RE civs. As far as I'm concerned, Treaty FP didn't touch the water, unfortunately.

I can understand that... nobody ever plays NAvy warfare but we should maybe do something about this... me and my friend reecntly tried a nr 55 navy battle was it was pretty fun to be honest... its a whole different ball game and we would just simply need to play it first before we start talking about whats op or what not.... because right now I think brits would be OP civ in navy warfare
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Basically civs with most navy upgrades would be very favoured, so of course British, Aztecs, maybe the likes of Spanish and Portuguese, too.
I think also the reason why it's not seen so often is because of the lag caused by water, in addition to somewhat awkward warship micro.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

new maps will be presented in treaty patch for sure, sometime in the future, but not sure they will be water maps. Who plays treaty on water? :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Obviously no one, but the OP suggested a change in the meta!
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

great topic! would be interesting to see a ori type map with 2-3 entrances spread out to opposite sides along the river, making bases central to it,

or something like the grand canyon having a large central opening but tough to navigate cliffs on the sides.

or something like the union pacific railroad station that has multiple trade lines to battle for.

or king of the hill style with a central fort s to take control of.
Skirmisher

Post by illusioNtEk »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:great topic! would be interesting to see a ori type map with 2-3 entrances spread out to opposite sides along the river, making bases central to it,

or something like the grand canyon having a large central opening but tough to navigate cliffs on the sides.

or something like the union pacific railroad station that has multiple trade lines to battle for.

or king of the hill style with a central fort s to take control of.

yes yes yes!
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Have fun losing your factories at 40 then and end up without any wood
Skirmisher

Post by illusioNtEk »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Have fun losing your factories at 40 then and end up without any wood

maybe with the treaty patch we can remove that shot from the Monitor ships :p
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Have fun losing your factories at 40 then and end up without any wood

what are you talking about>?
Skirmisher

Post by illusioNtEk »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:

what are you talking about>?

Monitor ships have a shot you can use once every 5 min that will shoot anywhere in the map
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

ohtalking about the TR on carribean. they still only have 100 range. and need LOS but yes facts would do down early
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:ohtalking about the TR on carribean. they still only have 100 range. and need LOS but yes facts would do down early

they don't need los. You just need to have seen them at one point.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

asian wonders would go down pretty fast too ^^
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

a new version of the map could be made that does not allow full wrap around of the sea. placing facts and important wonders at the back edge would fix this and still allow for navy fights. it would be a lot like amazon river though
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yeah we (me niceking charlemagen and Rikikipu) will be working to get more treaty maps out. Treaty would be a lot more fun if it had a set of 10-15 good maps like in supremacy. However, mixing water and treaty would be a terrible idea, not just because of the imbalance (monitors, Aztec sea dance, offshore support, frigates with offshore support beating culvs, etc) which would be a nightmare to try to fix, but because of the lag that having 200 pop of units out on the map and ships would cause. All of the treaty maps will be land and hopefully with a decent variety of (hopefully) balanced natives too.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Skirmisher

Post by illusioNtEk »

dicktator_ wrote:Yeah we (me niceking charlemagen and Rikikipu) will be working to get more treaty maps out. Treaty would be a lot more fun if it had a set of 10-15 good maps like in supremacy. However, mixing water and treaty would be a terrible idea, not just because of the imbalance (monitors, Aztec sea dance, offshore support, frigates with offshore support beating culvs, etc) which would be a nightmare to try to fix, but because of the lag that having 200 pop of units out on the map and ships would cause. All of the treaty maps will be land and hopefully with a decent variety of (hopefully) balanced natives too.

Amazing :)

If there's anything I can do to help just let me know..

Any time table when this will be released? starting stages? need map ideas?
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer
ESO: stonecold316

Post by stonecold316 »

lol that shot is a great advantage in sea maps.
but also agree with dicktator on water maps not only the imbalance for civilizations but alot of the time people refuse to play water maps due to lag with fight of warships on water
making a fan base to use maps with water very low and dismal at best
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I guess you could still play mirrors on water maps, and with a HM rule you wouldn't be able to see enemy's factories.

illusioNtEk wrote:Monitor ships have a shot you can use once every 5 min that will shoot anywhere in the map

It's more like 60/90 seconds, not sure.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

HM rule usually doesn't forbid you to scout the whole map
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

can you make maps where walls are disabled? have some nice open field fighting.... maybe just put a layer of those gaia walls they have on collo?
or does it then become a scenario with no ranks?

what i envision, is a base surrounded by gaia walls that can be destroyed, and then sparatic gaia forts one captures to help hold ground.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

@howlingwolfpaw : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7224
Any match played on a custom map is unrated, unless you make it sort of official for your patch, like New Andes for NR FP or ESOC maps for EP.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yes i understand that pezet, but what I do not know is how you can make those maps official and what kind of parameters could be on those official maps. Like could a Colosseum ever be an official map if presented in a patch?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yes i understand that pezet, but what I do not know is how you can make those maps official and what kind of parameters could be on those official maps. Like could a Colosseum ever be an official map if presented in a patch?