Aztec OP on patch?

No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Re: Aztec OP on patch?

Post by charlemagen »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:do you realize how much you contradict yourself? you are open to ideas but have been shutting this down the whole time. I am not a newb man, I play at captain level. If I used more hotkeys for barracks and wall spammed I would be even higher.

I am listening, but I refuse to accept your excuses and criticism of the unit without helping to find ways to make them work. Strategies that make mahouts more useful. urumi and mahout work in a synergistic way to create a very deadly melee wall. they also break up ranks of Goons, and defend from melee HI. Makining india a strong melee civ rather than trying to get people to play it like most euro civs where you have 60% gurka, 10% siege ele and 30% howda, That combo makes TR stale. Its part of reason why I love FFA so much, but I also like TR and would like to see more viable strats created. Rather than relying on a one way type of play for a civ. A civ with no cannon to speak of.

They can be made to work even at the highest levels. They are a niche unit and deserve to be in the game playing in TR.

I wont take the bait on the captain level. But i have shut down one idea, and that is uromi, give me more and we will gladly consider them
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

shut down one area? I have given plenty of ideas on how to make them viable without changing base stats to make them OP what more ideas do you want. maybe some test are in order.
I have also noted about how JAGs are OP but coyotes are too weak and those ideas get shut down as well.
what am I to do get a group of people together and make a competing TR patch? or boycott it because of authoritarian style dictatorship over it?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:shut down one area? I have given plenty of ideas on how to make them viable without changing base stats to make them OP what more ideas do you want. maybe some test are in order.
I have also noted about how JAGs are OP but coyotes are too weak and those ideas get shut down as well.
what am I to do get a group of people together and make a competing TR patch? or boycott it because of authoritarian style dictatorship over it?

All you suggested was changing their shipping time and u just mentioned it in a short sentence in a 2 sites long discussion. To make them more viable and more/as efficient as the 1,3k wood card, we have to immensely buff its base stats. It would be way higher than the stats from a jaguar knight.
r]
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:shut down one area? I have given plenty of ideas on how to make them viable without changing base stats to make them OP what more ideas do you want. maybe some test are in order.

if you feel you can do a better job i encourage it, I would love to play on a better patch, but as of right now this is what we have. As far as jags go, No one else has a problem with them. Azteccs biggest weakness is taking down walls and towers, coyotes are fine and jags are still bad and situational
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Gichtenlord wrote:

All you suggested was changing their shipping time and u just mentioned it in a short sentence in a 2 sites long discussion. To make them more viable and more/as efficient as the 1,3k wood card, we have to immensely buff its base stats. It would be way higher than the stats from a jaguar knight.

that is part of the disparity when a unit like a jag knight is buffed so hard. It means urumi would have to be buffed as well (but in RE they kill jags nicely but coyotes were too weak to counter them and gurka mass), then coyotes would not be able to counter them so then coyotes need to be buffed, but then they counter all and it becomes an arms race. Everything must be in proportion.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:

that is part of the disparity when a unit like a jag knight is buffed so hard. It means urumi would have to be buffed as well (but in RE they kill jags nicely but coyotes were too weak to counter them and gurka mass), then coyotes would not be able to counter them so then coyotes need to be buffed, but then they counter all and it becomes an arms race. Everything must be in proportion.

Every civ has different needs. This might be true about sup, but in treaty its definitely not the case.
r]
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

india needs something for mass inf. either make better what it has or give it something to do that.

their good infantry is balanced by train time
their cav can be effective but is expensive and clumsy.
their siege is ok but doing both jobs means it does neither as well as a dedicated unit.
bonuses for it are tigers, which are now balanced having counters. but are also costly.

I like india because it is a challenging civ and is very unique but without certain counter measures becomes a burden to play in TR
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i think part of the problem is that most games are played on andes. there is so much anti cav with humincas that india has a really hard time getting mahouts to skirms. and with noting to kill humincas quickly like cannon the skirms and other cannons of euro civs kill it so easily. But urumi kill humincas super well. thus allowing mahouts a better chance to get in and do their job.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:i think part of the problem is that most games are played on andes. there is so much anti cav with humincas that india has a really hard time getting mahouts to skirms. and with noting to kill humincas quickly like cannon the skirms and other cannons of euro civs kill it so easily. But urumi kill humincas super well. thus allowing mahouts a better chance to get in and do their job.

Well India isn't always playing in natives, rather rarely actually (though they're decent in nats on patch). Also India is MUCH weaker on maps other than andes.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yeah there is kind of a catch 22... where India probably benefits the most from the train tech but so many huminicas are card to counter enough to make mahouts trade well.