A case for increasing Wall Build Time

Does increasing wall build time make sense for treaty?

Yes, walls build too quickly for how much effort it takes to destroy
29%
No, wall build time is fine as is
39%
Maybe, its worth testing
33%

Total votes: 49

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

A case for increasing Wall Build Time

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Should wall build time be increased for TR? In Sup fast walling makes sense so you can secure areas because the games do not last long.
But in TR one has the time to put up multiple layers for defense. and keep their army behind them as they are being rebuilt.
With good control even as those walls go down a villager can replace them within seconds making base siege a tedious process
People have to spend thousands of res and positioning to take down a couple segments of walls that rebuild for 5 wood a segment and can be rebuild with ease.

This makes walling part of being an OP strategy in TR (my opinion)
So what should be more rewarded, the person with good management to build walls? or the one who successfully destroyed them?
would increasing wall build time make the game more challenging to defend a good thing?
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Re: A case for increasing Wall Build Time

Post by forgrin »

You could accomplish this (and more) by making the following changes:

-Bastion (wall upgrade tech) now free

-Tech makes wall segments cost 100w(?)

-Tech doubles wall building time

-Tech increases wall HP slightly more than it does so now (by, say, +10%).

This means that you don't have to waste a shit ton of vs during your boom just to build walls, but it still accomplishes the goal of making rewalling during the fight more costly.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

those are some interesting ideas. forgin. i almost added extra cost to the poll as well. 100 seems high though, unless free or super cheap gates, things to think about.
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

Yes, while I disagree about the wall building time being to short, there are a lot of match ups that require wall spamming/ wall flanks to win, I do see that walling can sometimes be annoying and slows down game play. In my opinion I could see an increase for the costs of walling post-40. If we were to double the amount of wood segments cost it could make a few civs/players think twice before doing a wall spam. But in my opinion it would make too many civs weak in certain match ups to have the wall building time increased. For example Port vs India, a MU where you need to have walls to block tiger/Mahout flanks, or any civ vs. Sioux to keep mortars safe from Sioux's explorer.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I see your point and my own, so its kind of a grey area where they are needed but can be abused. maybe just increase cost like forgin suggest stop games from going full spam
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

charlemagen wrote:Yes, while I disagree about the wall building time being to short, there are a lot of match ups that require wall spamming/ wall flanks to win, I do see that walling can sometimes be annoying and slows down game play. In my opinion I could see an increase for the costs of walling post-40. If we were to double the amount of wood segments cost it could make a few civs/players think twice before doing a wall spam. But in my opinion it would make too many civs weak in certain match ups to have the wall building time increased. For example Port vs India, a MU where you need to have walls to block tiger/Mahout flanks, or any civ vs. Sioux to keep mortars safe from Sioux's explorer.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yeah but being able to delete post would be like corporations finding tax loop holes. split extra cost between post and segment. 35 each? after wall hp completed
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer
ESO: stonecold316

Post by stonecold316 »

then u just make french more op because noobs will exploit french church card make a heap of fake walls do church card and delete fake walls to reap the benefits.
people do that already on vanilla spam fake plantations everywhere then do church card to get wood bonus this will only happen but worse for walls
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i am not familiar with this.... is this where they start a building for like 400wood for a mill, then use the card that increase wood cost and sell it back for like 200 more wood? i think in the patch that was changed so french buildings do not cost more.
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer

Post by stonecold316 »

i see so meaning french can send church card much sooner say b4 they even send eco cards for fur trade so they get the 10% gather for wood as well seems the patch has made french stronger not nullified anything
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i dont get it, the french church card (code mapoleon tech) increase cdb hp 60% and 10% speed but does not increase any gathering rates or building cost anymore.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

also in thinking the villager build card could be buffed for people to use when they know they are going to face india or sioux.
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer

Post by stonecold316 »

are u a noob
french church card gives 30% eco 10% for food 10% gold 10% for wood thats why the church card makes buildings more expensive
otherwise noone would use the french church card
you should seriously delete what u just wrote lmfao
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer

Post by stonecold316 »

60% hitpoints 10% speed almost sounds like the germans church card for doplers pfft
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

not anymore it doesn't. it upgrades HP and speed now. I maybe should have explained that this thread was for the TR patch to consider wall build times.
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer

Post by stonecold316 »

so the patch has given french units speed and 60% hitpoints what a noob patch as if french wasnt strong enough to begin with
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I kinda agree I don't think they needed that HP, and definitely not the speed. but at least gends seem to be fixed.
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer

Post by stonecold316 »

how did they fix gendarmes? besides the bs speed boost and hitpoints gendarmes lowered in attack ?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

base stats are 450 HP, 26 atack, 1 area damage, from 500 hp, 30 attack 2 area. cost was reduced a little too. in game they look strong but not OP
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer

Post by stonecold316 »

well its something atleast
because players love spamming gendarmes especially in rush
i just love it when im japan civ and they spam gendarmes at me they go night night lol
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

stonecold316 is surmusket's 2nd account?
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

tedere12 wrote:stonecold316 is surmusket's 2nd account?

^^ I see why you think, Not many Australians here, but sadly it's not me as much as I'd love to have another smurf ;) haha
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:Should wall build time be increased for TR? In Sup fast walling makes sense so you can secure areas because the games do not last long.
But in TR one has the time to put up multiple layers for defense. and keep their army behind them as they are being rebuilt.
With good control even as those walls go down a villager can replace them within seconds making base siege a tedious process
People have to spend thousands of res and positioning to take down a couple segments of walls that rebuild for 5 wood a segment and can be rebuild with ease.

This makes walling part of being an OP strategy in TR (my opinion)
So what should be more rewarded, the person with good management to build walls? or the one who successfully destroyed them?
would increasing wall build time make the game more challenging to defend a good thing?

Imma say it just like the dark souls community: If u want to overcome something, stop complaining and "git gud".
r]
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Why is complaining about something you dont like solved by getting good? Thats not true in dark souls either. I got good and bed of chaos is still cancer.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

stonecold316 wrote:so the patch has given french units speed and 60% hitpoints what a noob patch as if french wasnt strong enough to begin with

This church upgrade (speed and 60% hp) only applies to vills.