A case for increasing Wall Build Time

Does increasing wall build time make sense for treaty?

Yes, walls build too quickly for how much effort it takes to destroy
29%
No, wall build time is fine as is
39%
Maybe, its worth testing
33%

Total votes: 49

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: A case for increasing Wall Build Time

Post by pecelot »

stonecold316 wrote:then u just make french more op because noobs will exploit french church card make a heap of fake walls do church card and delete fake walls to reap the benefits.
people do that already on vanilla spam fake plantations everywhere then do church card to get wood bonus this will only happen but worse for walls

You know it was fixed on TAD, right?
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer
ESO: stonecold316

Post by stonecold316 »

well that is better explained prior it sounding like 60% hp for units
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:i dont get it, the french church card (code napoleon tech) increase cdb hp 60% and 10% speed but does not increase any gathering rates or building cost anymore.

srry stone cold i mentioned CDBs here and then the conversation flowed afterwards I thought it was understood
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Gichtenlord wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:Should wall build time be increased for TR? In Sup fast walling makes sense so you can secure areas because the games do not last long.
But in TR one has the time to put up multiple layers for defense. and keep their army behind them as they are being rebuilt.
With good control even as those walls go down a villager can replace them within seconds making base siege a tedious process
People have to spend thousands of res and positioning to take down a couple segments of walls that rebuild for 5 wood a segment and can be rebuild with ease.

This makes walling part of being an OP strategy in TR (my opinion)
So what should be more rewarded, the person with good management to build walls? or the one who successfully destroyed them?
would increasing wall build time make the game more challenging to defend a good thing?

Imma say it just like the dark souls community: If u want to overcome something, stop complaining and "git gud".

No its not really about that at all... its about balance. There are many things designed in SUP that may not make sense for TR. By your logic why even make a patch at all? Just get better and you can over come civ imbalances....

instead try to explain why you think wall build time is justified as is or not.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:Should wall build time be increased for TR? In Sup fast walling makes sense so you can secure areas because the games do not last long.
But in TR one has the time to put up multiple layers for defense. and keep their army behind them as they are being rebuilt.
With good control even as those walls go down a villager can replace them within seconds making base siege a tedious process
People have to spend thousands of res and positioning to take down a couple segments of walls that rebuild for 5 wood a segment and can be rebuild with ease.

This makes walling part of being an OP strategy in TR (my opinion)
So what should be more rewarded, the person with good management to build walls? or the one who successfully destroyed them?
would increasing wall build time make the game more challenging to defend a good thing?

Imma say it just like the dark souls community: If u want to overcome something, stop complaining and "git gud".

No its not really about that at all... its about balance. There are many things designed in SUP that may not make sense for TR. By your logic why even make a patch at all? Just get better and you can over come civ imbalances....

instead try to explain why you think wall build time is justified as is or not.

Im drunk but you can kill villagers building walls by having morts out 24 7 and keep killing villagers building walls
r]
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

sure a few vils can die. but that mortar takes 8 hits to kill a wall, cost 500 res and with a ROF of 6 secs that takes 42 seconds for 1 mort to kill a wall, and that wall cost 5 wood and builds in 2-3 seconds, a fraction of the time to destroy, so is this balanced? I'd say no..... so either walls should cost more, or have longer build time. If people want faster walls they can always include the villy build faster card in decks. so even that can be balanced out with deck options.
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

Who gave stonecold the right to discuss about the treaty patch?
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:i dont get it, the french church card (code mapoleon tech) increase cdb hp 60% and 10% speed but does not increase any gathering rates or building cost anymore.

triggered
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Durokan wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:i dont get it, the french church card (code mapoleon tech) increase cdb hp 60% and 10% speed but does not increase any gathering rates or building cost anymore.

triggered

???
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:???

There is a long standing belief among some treaty players that increased movespeed increases gather time on plantations/mills with cdb
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

oh. well increasing gathering time is not the same as increasing gathering rates, as the church card has been completely changed to increase HP and speed instead of increase rates and building cost. It would make for an interesting test but i assume quite negligible
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

It does increase gather rate but not by much supposedly. Though I think the effect might be more than people think I am too lazy to test it.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Iirc the effect of vills walking on mills/plantations is actually quite severe on gather rates, something like a 20ish % decrease. However the mvmt speed increase would have to be pretty big to make a noticeable difference since they are only moving 20ish % of the time.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

its been my opinion for about 2 years now that walls need the living shit nerfed out of them. it takes about 5-10 seconds to cover the entire map with walls. just a few actions with disproportionate results. the only reason most people dont wall spam is because its a sort of nuclear impasse, you dont do it and i wont either.

but its still an option and a few players out there still abuse. its a legitimate strategy that works, is hard to beat, and is absolutely no fun to play against. its a pathing nightmare and a sheer test of endurance dealing with bullshit.

imo just because most people dont use it, doesnt mean it shouldnt be addressed, and fixed.

possible fixes:
1. limited amount of walls that can be created. challenging due to varying map sizes, maybe impossible to program, idk bout makin maps.

2. increase wall build time. perhaps a bad idea because you either nerf it too much, which will favor running and exploit the inability to control map, or not nerf it enough and it will essentially not change anything.

3. increase wall costs. you will have to seriously consider laying down a wall where it will be cost effective, rather then being able to drop 20 lines willy nilly.
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

walls in TR are the best unit. seriously abused. needs time nerf. Fine as is on SUP games. Fixed well on EP patch. But for TR just lame.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Nurf is coming
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

Stonecold should probably read patch notes before crying about how stupid the patch is lol
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

He should indeed, ironically enough...