enkanta ui mod effects the stream?

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Re: enkanta ui mod effects the stream?

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

personally I think invisible UI is borderline cheating. I am really surprised it is allowed in the tourny :sad:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

invisible UI is not a thang m8
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

it makes the lower bar invisible other than icons, its a cheat to me, might as well allow infinite zoom mods and cowing mods etc...
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

It's so insignificant, man, just check it out yourself. I have it enabled, but it's not like it's much relevant. Stop looking for sensations everywhere.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

One unfair thing about the Ekanta ui that I was not aware of until about a week ago when someone told me is that you can buy/sell resources without building a market. I removed the ui a few days ago and haven't noticed much of a difference in my gameplay, culv micro is a little awkward with the slightly smaller field of view but when I'm used to it it'll be fine. It's a bit of an unfair advantage that should probably be banned from tournaments (I was in no way involved with the rule that allows use of the Ekanta ui) but calling it cheating (unless you're playing a guy who goes Dutch or something in sup and uses the trade resources without a market glitch) is a bit closed minded, especially since use of the ui mod was cleared by es back in the day. Zoom mod is worse imo.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You can't trade res when you don't have a market, just check it.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

lol that's what I assumed, but I was told that it works. If I'm wrong and it doesn't work then there's really no reason to call the Ekanta UI a cheat IMO
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I said "borderline cheating", and messing with the game like that seems odd to me. I understand allowing building rotator, it was actually designed into the game but never implemented for some reason. but invisible bar seems no different than infinite zoom or other mods.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I said "borderline cheating", and messing with the game like that seems odd to me. I understand allowing building rotator, it was actually designed into the game but never implemented for some reason. but invisible bar seems no different than infinite zoom or other mods.

Funnily enough in the sup tourney rotator is banned but UI is not. I'd definitely say the UI can have the same or bigger effect on sup than treaty...
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
United States of America HeatitUP_
Lancer

Post by HeatitUP_ »

dicktator_ wrote:One unfair thing about the Ekanta ui that I was not aware of until about a week ago when someone told me is that you can buy/sell resources without building a market. I removed the ui a few days ago and haven't noticed much of a difference in my gameplay, culv micro is a little awkward with the slightly smaller field of view but when I'm used to it it'll be fine. It's a bit of an unfair advantage that should probably be banned from tournaments (I was in no way involved with the rule that allows use of the Ekanta ui) but calling it cheating (unless you're playing a guy who goes Dutch or something in sup and uses the trade resources without a market glitch) is a bit closed minded, especially since use of the ui mod was cleared by es back in the day. Zoom mod is worse imo.

That is pretty OP in the early game within some situations..... It's cheating cuz it's free 100 wood because it gives you the market ability without having a market. I can see this being really OP with Japan especially lol
All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected. - Donald Trump
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

do you even read bro
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The market thing is kinda lane yeah, theres actually some extra things to it that are kinda unfair I suppose, however the ekanta UI makes aoe actually look decent instead of shit so I think it should be allowed in tournaments. Especially because the community is not that competitive that ekanta will be the deciding factor in a game, at least not in 99.99% of the games.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Wtf are you going on about @Jerom , ofc a third-party mod that gives you extra game functionality should be banned, even on principle. Having free resource trading is definitely an issue, you can for example sell resources to get MM, extra units in a batch etc to defend a rush without having a market. This can easily change a game. It should definitely be banned in official events. If someone has a UI variant that removes this feature then that's fine.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

it just seems unnecessary and a special edge for those that use it, I am curious about the market thing though, if one has a market are the buttons working?
Where do you draw the line...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'm pretty sure you have to have a market to trade...... If not it definitely should be banned
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

ok, but if you make a market are the trade buttons now on screen or do you have to click the market to trade resources?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

forgrin wrote:Wtf are you going on about @Jerom , ofc a third-party mod that gives you extra game functionality should be banned, even on principle. Having free resource trading is definitely an issue, you can for example sell resources to get MM, extra units in a batch etc to defend a rush without having a market. This can easily change a game. It should definitely be banned in official events. If someone has a UI variant that removes this feature then that's fine.

Pezet said it doesnt work without market a few comments up so I have no idea what you are going on about.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I just checked again to be 100% sure and YOU CANNOT TRADE USING THE EKANTA UI WITH NO MARKET :!: :!: :!:
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

what about if you have a market?
are older versions of the mod out there that did not have bug fixed?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

lol ofc you can trade when you have a market, that's the point of this feature, right
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

then its a cheating hack to me. not worth crying bloody murder in a game over but I think it should be treated as infinite zoom, or cowing hacks.
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer
ESO: stonecold316

Post by stonecold316 »

selling and buying res is noob anyway
i fail to see how its at all an advantage
i mean the only time it might come useful in treaty is playing nats to buy wood
but its like 5 seconds anyway weather u do it with the function or not
i mean u dont fight and use the market every 2 seconds
i personally like the extras it removes from a click of a button and the fact as jerom said it makes the game look better and more playable
isnt the idea to make the game more fun for the individual ?
can u really say its cheating out right it all seems fairly minor
plus boarder line cheating is just that on the boarder not quite cheating just a nuisance to some players