Is the community getting better?

Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Re: Is the community getting better?

Post by sdsanft »

But off topic but whatever, What do you think would be the meta in a nr20 match. Obviously fi, boom, etc, but would it be possible to go age 5, would goons still be viable as anticav, would all fights still be always at full pop? I'm just pretty curious honestly.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Australia stonecold316
Musketeer
ESO: stonecold316

Post by stonecold316 »

well we have a theme at work theres no such thing as common sense because whats common sense to u isnt necessarily common sense to some1 else
that and the fact u always got to cater for the dumbest person
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I'm certainly not.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
stonecold316 wrote:edeholland the point is everyone at the time were doing mas of 10 vill per mill or plant and allowing easier breakings on walls with leaving studs in of course theres other factors to eco itself there just what stands out
no need to be a dick about it
at the end of the day it takes players to try new things and to share it around
its players like u that think these things are so insignificant yet use these very things to play yourself. also most likely one of those players that cant think of 1 creative thing to do for him self so just copies off others and claims it for there own.
atleast it was valuable to sabusa aka elchapo and co when they started out to get eco right to begin with
of course took them almost a year of hounding me about being a eco cheat but hey its minor to noobs like yourself.

Why are you being butthurt that you don't get credit for things people figured out just by using common sense?

Wondering that too...

There is really nothing those old scrubs learned me, I was playing at the same time as they were :roll:
Mali SenorCallen
Skirmisher

Post by SenorCallen »

deleted_user wrote:I'm maintaining tr would be more fun (personally) without artillery and maybe a limit on walls then. This is why I'm going to play nr 20 with @gibson

you will probably be age 4 at 20
"I suck"

-Mitoe

"Ugh I suck"

-Mitoe
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

The pure nr20 players is what nr40 used to be for reference! It's probably not a perfect analogy but I think it gives the right feel for those who weren't there at both times.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

dicktator_ wrote:
OliverP wrote:ye its pretty crazy.. the last time i stopped aoe for like 2 years or something lukas_l99 was still a scrub.. never heard of dicktator back then either and king_ownage2nd was just running around with germans if i remember correctly.

as dick said: skilllevel rose but mapcontrol and stuff aren't as important nowadays it seems.

What are you talking about, Lukas is still a scrub... jk. I played on Conquerer999 back in 2011, didn't start with dicktator until 2012, and I remember I was pretty bad, nearly every time I joined a game with decent players I got owned. Late 2012/early 2013 was when I started to get really good. King was mostly playing Deccan in 2011 iirc, he started playing more Andes in 2012 and mid 2012 was when he got good.

IIRC when H2O played treaty in 2011 he rolled everyone except for Stormcoming, and even then Stormcoming was often saved by lag (they usually fought in teamgames, I remember H2O actually beating Stormcoming in an unrated 1v1). He's back in treaty and now a number of players that can beat him (the treaty community isn't as big now as it used to be). H2O's treaty skill relative to the number of treaty games he's played is obviously really really good, but I'm sure if you asked him he'd say today's players are better.

The point I was trying to make is that if I fought any 2011 or earlier player in their prime, at my current skill level, I would win. Same goes for Lukas, charlemagen, and sabusa, they would beat any player from 2011 or earlier. I feel like when people say old players were better that disrespects the skill of the current players and the time and effort we put into getting to where we are now.

Who is using that acc now?
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

umeu wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:
OliverP wrote:ye its pretty crazy.. the last time i stopped aoe for like 2 years or something lukas_l99 was still a scrub.. never heard of dicktator back then either and king_ownage2nd was just running around with germans if i remember correctly.

as dick said: skilllevel rose but mapcontrol and stuff aren't as important nowadays it seems.

What are you talking about, Lukas is still a scrub... jk. I played on Conquerer999 back in 2011, didn't start with dicktator until 2012, and I remember I was pretty bad, nearly every time I joined a game with decent players I got owned. Late 2012/early 2013 was when I started to get really good. King was mostly playing Deccan in 2011 iirc, he started playing more Andes in 2012 and mid 2012 was when he got good.

IIRC when H2O played treaty in 2011 he rolled everyone except for Stormcoming, and even then Stormcoming was often saved by lag (they usually fought in teamgames, I remember H2O actually beating Stormcoming in an unrated 1v1). He's back in treaty and now a number of players that can beat him (the treaty community isn't as big now as it used to be). H2O's treaty skill relative to the number of treaty games he's played is obviously really really good, but I'm sure if you asked him he'd say today's players are better.

The point I was trying to make is that if I fought any 2011 or earlier player in their prime, at my current skill level, I would win. Same goes for Lukas, charlemagen, and sabusa, they would beat any player from 2011 or earlier. I feel like when people say old players were better that disrespects the skill of the current players and the time and effort we put into getting to where we are now.

He still uses it, just switches between accounts when he wants.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

umeu wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:

Me. Isnt it a bit obvious after watching my games vs tibia?
r]
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I alone have access to Conquerer999 and dicktator_. I don't play supremacy nearly as much as I used to (kingownage quitting + losing to wookl in that winter tournament + more treaty players coming back killed all my motivation to play supremacy), which is why I'm playing so horribly in supremacy on Conquerer999 ATM.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds: