Stealthy Sioux Warchief

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Stealthy Sioux Warchief

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I have never seen this card used (though sioux was never really played in TR much either) but lets discuss sneaky ways this can be exploited in TR games.

well, a lot of Warchief HP has to be tanked for them to get to its cannon target, why not include it so one can sneakily get behind enemy lines to do even more damage! without having to tank to get there.

in NR 55, sneak a warcheif through walls to find a good place to build a TC within enemy base

use stealthy chief to boost stealthy tasuke (I don't know spelling) prowlers for a sneak surprise box or get behind enemy lines to kills off skirms and cannons.

any other ideas?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Stealthy Sioux Warchief

Post by pecelot »

you know even 55 Ori is HM, right?
you can use his to snipe enemy artillery, but if your opponent has his explorer nearby the whole idea is gone
not sure how it is on treaty patch and unfortunately I cannot check in the game, but I suspect there might be a problem with a free slot for such a card
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yes i know HM , but ori players some times try to sneak an explorer through, especially ports, take down walls on the opposite side of river and revive explorer with spy glass to inch them along until they in, meanwhile distracting the enemy. With Sioux cloaked explorer you might be able to do this without them noticing. they rebuild the walls, but you still inching him along silently until you can find a open spot and build a TC then spam cav!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I meant it was just lame, there is such a rule for a reason
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

this does not violate half map, but i agree its a lame strat. but people try to sneak in explorers all the time.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

In Treaty there is always an explorer nearby, that might complicate things a bit.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

might be, but i don't think the vision area is that great you still cant flank with it. and still gets you closer without taking half damage first
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

stealth units are revealed when attacking, so I'm not sure what you mean by sneaking the war chief behind the enemy walls
other than that, once your opponent figures out what's going on, he may keep his explorer with artillery to prevent it from being sniped, which may be difficult to deal with to you
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

true about keeping explorer near art, but with walls on ori, port mortars can fire across the river, so you can take out walls along the edge and sneak units in sometimes.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

then it's Ports, not Sioux, and usually such raids are easily cut off from what I've seen, unless you ram in opri or DS box, but even then it can be blocked
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

oh those are good ideas, uisng a dog box to get through ori walls, but your right a dog box on ori is pretty easy to stop, but what if you got in just enough to have explorer do sneaky things in a blind spot.

on some maps in nr 40 where bases have no build areas behind walls like Himalayas, some andes that would work really good to sneak Iros forrest prowlers in to sneakily build some stables behind their base. I have doen that with india but had to fight my way through first.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:oh those are good ideas, uisng a dog box to get through ori walls, but your right a dog box on ori is pretty easy to stop, but what if you got in just enough to have explorer do sneaky things in a blind spot.

on some maps in nr 40 where bases have no build areas behind walls like Himalayas, some andes that would work really good to sneak Iros forrest prowlers in to sneakily build some stables behind their base. I have doen that with india but had to fight my way through first.

dumb question but do people build towers in treaty. if so RIP strat
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

ofc they do, some civs even use tower card to increase tower limit and hp :grin:
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Post by Panmaster »

Everytime I've fought the Sioux they used this stealth ability to devastate my artillery forces. Fortunately their team always ran out of resources eventually and surrendered.

High damage anti cavalry and stacked walls stop dog soldiers dead in their tracks. Worst case scenario is the Sioux pull back and run around doing nothing effectively.
I always cringe when I see those poor fools making 100+ dragoons in a 3v3, then losing all 6 factories and losing map control due to no armies in the field.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

I've had this card in deck for long time hoping to do some op tashunke raid but never got the chance to do it (speaking abt sup). it has to be my number 1 goal when I get back to the game
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

With the tashunke bug you can have them in stealth with normal speed :!:
@Kaiserklein