Some question about Brits

No Flag Sherigo
Crossbow

Some question about Brits

Post by Sherigo »

Hi all, i mostly play on RE patch Brits & Ger, and have some question regarding Brits:

1) When fighting versus Dutch how many villagers should i delete ? and when should i vill up?
2) When i'm too busy fighting, how many villagers should i leave on cows/sheep (whitout shif clicking) so that i can have a constant food gathering?
3) When i'm going to use nats, during my boom how many villagers should i put on mills?
4) Against which civ i need longbows?
5) what should my composition look like vs germans? (whit nat and whitout them)
6) how to win the start fight vs india?

if anybody has time to answer these question i would be very greatfull
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Re: Some question about Brits

Post by Foire421 »

1) i would not delete any vills vs dutch in the first place. alltho it is arguable on deccan or orinoco i think.
2) this is really hard/impossible to achieve. i think ppl said 6 on cows 5 on sheep work but actually u will have no choice but to micro it even while fighting.
3) go for like 25, mills on wood. with trade it should be good to put facts on food and get ready to transition fast.
4) id say, you really need them vs like dutch but in generall you only want to use them when you are playing defensively. For pushing they are ok to mix in a little. Civ wise, u will need them id say vs dutch, port, aztec but as said it depends on how the game goes and you can/should always mix some in
5) Musk/hus/art without nat, same thing with nats. The Mu depends really hard on the art fight though. who ever plays better with rockets/hc is pretty likely to win.
6) rockets/musk/hus

Im not a brits god tho^^
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Isn't Howdah + Gurkha ultimately better than British Musk + Huss?
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

pecelot wrote:Isn't Howdah + Gurkha ultimately better than British Musk + Huss?

British Artillery wins it for Brits. Also howdah take too much pop
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Sherigo wrote:Hi all, i mostly play on RE patch Brits & Ger, and have some question regarding Brits:

1) When fighting versus Dutch how many villagers should i delete ? and when should i vill up?
2) When i'm too busy fighting, how many villagers should i leave on cows/sheep (whitout shif clicking) so that i can have a constant food gathering?
3) When i'm going to use nats, during my boom how many villagers should i put on mills?
4) Against which civ i need longbows?
5) what should my composition look like vs germans? (whit nat and whitout them)
6) how to win the start fight vs india?

if anybody has time to answer these question i would be very greatfull

1.) Don't delete vills, just go lbow/huss since spamming musk/huss vs 150 pop skirm/ruyter will drain you,
2.) If you're too busy fighting and can't pay attention to your cows/sheep Brits maybe aren't a civ for you yet, but generally about 6 on each and check every now and then. Move more vills on them if you got too much fat lievstock or move vills off if you got too many idle ones.
3.) Ideally never ever put vills on mills before you've sent mill cards, rather build around 6-7 mills in your base pre-40, then send mill cards after training cards+AA and move as many vills on food as you need.
4.) Lbows are a must vs Dutch, Aztecs, Iros and Sioux. Pretty useful against India to snipe howdah/siege ele aswell, vs Port too. Otherwise in any match-up when you're low on eco and need to camp,
5.) Musk/art or musk/nat/art, huss if he has a low amount of anti-cav and lbow if you're low on eco and need to camp.
6.) On RE you don't need culvs, just go for 6 rockets and the rest musk with probably 10 huss, thats all you need. Probably will be vey close cause India's starting armies is one of the best, but you should just win after that easily.

Gurkha are awesome but howdah suck ass.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Lukas_L99 wrote:3.) Ideally never ever put vills on mills before you've sent mill cards, rather build around 6-7 mills in your base pre-40, then send mill cards after training cards+AA and move as many vills on food as you need.

It's impossible to maintain a good food distribution if you do that though. In nats ~20 on mills before 40 is a must imo. If you don't gather on mills pre-40 you're extremely likely to either move not enough vills onto mills and run out of food or move too many and run out of coin.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

dicktator_ wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:3.) Ideally never ever put vills on mills before you've sent mill cards, rather build around 6-7 mills in your base pre-40, then send mill cards after training cards+AA and move as many vills on food as you need.

It's impossible to maintain a good food distribution if you do that though. In nats ~20 on mills before 40 is a must imo. If you don't gather on mills pre-40 you're extremely likely to either move not enough vills onto mills and run out of food or move too many and run out of coin.

I've done that in every game I've played brits in nats
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:

I still don't understand how a boom that forces you to move half your vills onto mill while fighting and possibly make small adjustments all game is good. I probably shouldn't have said impossible but imo it makes things too difficult with too high a risk of messing up res distrib just to be a more efficient with vs. Risk vs reward is not worth it here imo. Out of nats I agree it's the best boom but in nats where you have to spam 42 additional food heavy units (especially with the strange patch change making nats 5% more expensive) it's better I think to have vills on mills pre 40. I played a game recently where I was Brits vs hanc0cks German in nats and I never had to adjust my vill distribution except to put some vills on wood. I'm sure it works for you most of the time and I'm sure if I practiced it I could make it work for myself as well, but I'm sure you can't say you've never had problems with res distribution. To me it just seems like making things more difficult when they don't have to be.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

dicktator_ wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I still don't understand how a boom that forces you to move half your vills onto mill while fighting and possibly make small adjustments all game is good. I probably shouldn't have said impossible but imo it makes things too difficult with too high a risk of messing up res distrib just to be a more efficient with vs. Risk vs reward is not worth it here imo. Out of nats I agree it's the best boom but in nats where you have to spam 42 additional food heavy units (especially with the strange patch change making nats 5% more expensive) it's better I think to have vills on mills pre 40. I played a game recently where I was Brits vs hanc0cks German in nats and I never had to adjust my vill distribution except to put some vills on wood. I'm sure it works for you most of the time and I'm sure if I practiced it I could make it work for myself as well, but I'm sure you can't say you've never had problems with res distribution. To me it just seems like making things more difficult when they don't have to be.

I really don't like to have vills on a resource that isn't fully upgraded, I agree it's risky but the ideal solution imo. Maybe I had a bad res distribution cause of it, but I could still always adjust and never lost a game cause of that
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I don't think there is a reason not to use longbows, they just do not die.... unless you goof somehow like having too much art and not enough anti cav. I seem to just keep spamming hussar and muskets and art, and my longbows I rarely replace but are just there constantly pecking away at everything. I am new to brits in TR though so I haven't played all civs but I can't think of a civ I wouldn't have at least some on the field.
No Flag Sherigo
Crossbow

Post by Sherigo »

Thank you guys for your help, i appreciate it. It helped me a ton, i did try out vs ger musk/hus/art and i can say i hold my ground, i'm very happy about it.
I did test out lukas solution for nats but it doesnt work for me, maybe when i got better i'll try it out more.

Anyway i have more question:

7) when i play deccen in most cases i got TP, so i'm wondering when shoul i build a TP? i usually buil market-house-house-pen-house-pen-TP, is this a good order or should i buil it before 2nd pen?
8) when i played vs spain he made a weird composition (goons+lance+skirms)that confused me, i tried to counter it whit huss+musk+goons and got pushed. So my question is what should i make vs that kind of composition?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

generally I think spain is gonna win vs brit you may need to delete 20 vils if your eco is good. use lots of artillery and win the culv war and keep up a lot of goons
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Sherigo wrote:Thank you guys for your help, i appreciate it. It helped me a ton, i did try out vs ger musk/hus/art and i can say i hold my ground, i'm very happy about it.
I did test out lukas solution for nats but it doesnt work for me, maybe when i got better i'll try it out more.

Anyway i have more question:

7) when i play deccen in most cases i got TP, so i'm wondering when shoul i build a TP? i usually buil market-house-house-pen-house-pen-TP, is this a good order or should i buil it before 2nd pen?
8) when i played vs spain he made a weird composition (goons+lance+skirms)that confused me, i tried to counter it whit huss+musk+goons and got pushed. So my question is what should i make vs that kind of composition?

7) When you made both pens + faster fattening upgrade for cows.
8) Tough match up for a beginner, because brit is way more difficult to play than spain. To win the match up, you have to find the right mix of muskets + artillery and always have few hussars out to block lancers from your infantry. On lower levels this mu favours spain, but the better you get, the easier this mu gets :flowers:
r]
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

vs ger the best combo is lb pike
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:generally I think spain is gonna win vs brit you may need to delete 20 vils if your eco is good. use lots of artillery and win the culv war and keep up a lot of goons

Sorry but I disaggree. Usually Brit beats Spain in nats. You actuaööy dont need goons, musks and rockets win this fight in the most cases.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

well honeslty I have only played brits in TR a few times they are a civ im working on, but thats how I would approach, seems like musk wuld get rekt by too much skirm, other musk, art and lancer, but brits are always gonna make muskets in some proportion
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:I don't think there is a reason not to use longbows, they just do not die...

The thing is, they do. They have almost no upgrades whatsoever, they usually drop like flies if are vulnerable to enemy fire. That's the thing I don't like about them, their low HP. Yeah, ofc you have a big range, but it's quickly nullified by their inability to kite, most of the times. In 1v1s a sepoy has twice the HP of them, ridiculous. They're annoying, would honestly just prefer age 3 skirms :mrgreen:
Gichtenlord wrote:
Sherigo wrote:7) when i play deccen in most cases i got TP, so i'm wondering when shoul i build a TP? i usually buil market-house-house-pen-house-pen-TP, is this a good order or should i buil it before 2nd pen?

Wouldn't a TP at the start just smoothen your BO? As far as I'm concerned, XP is the most impactful resource early on if you have an advantage in its supply. Also, it stacks up as your shipments come much sooner, which means a greater eco later on. Additionally, it's Deccan, so you can allow yourself for such an action. :chinese:
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Well, on deccan it might work, but, in general, you get enough xp for all the important livestock cards before your cows are fatten enough. A tp would just delay your build order then.
r]
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I see, I see. Indeed, additional XP would make your other shipments arrive sooner, but it's not the case here since you delay them a bit your cow-booming + you get extra XP from pens and above all manors.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

pecelot wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:I don't think there is a reason not to use longbows, they just do not die...

The thing is, they do. They have almost no upgrades whatsoever, they usually drop like flies if are vulnerable to enemy fire. That's the thing I don't like about them, their low HP. Yeah, ofc you have a big range, but it's quickly nullified by their inability to kite, most of the times. In 1v1s a sepoy has twice the HP of them, ridiculous. They're annoying, would honestly just prefer age 3 skirms :mrgreen:
[quote="Gichtenlord"]

this is in the TR discussion though. all you do it kite LB back and let a group of muskets wall up from any cav, and then they are out of range of all again. Only when being pushed real hard do they start to become less effective.

And with the card they do get imperial upgrades!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

lol I know, still you cant really kite because of their awkward animation
an imperial upgrade is nothing special lol, it's not even a royal unit
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

in TR you dont really kite the same way like in sup, you just can't afford to lose ground doing that, you have to hold ground. just spam muskets and hussars to get in the front line and the LBs do their damage from behind. Lbs do 34 damage at rof 1.5, so thats like a skirm with 68 base damage (plus multipliers) at 26 range! it does not need royal guard to be special....
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

it doesnt even work that way
No Flag Sherigo
Crossbow

Post by Sherigo »

8) Tough match up for a beginner, because brit is way more difficult to play than spain. To win the match up, you have to find the right mix of muskets + artillery and always have few hussars out to block lancers from your infantry. On lower levels this mu favours spain, but the better you get, the easier this mu gets :flowers:[/quote]

Thank you for the answers. :biggrin:
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

pecelot wrote:it doesnt even work that way

then how does it work? in Sup you can kite an army all around the map no problem, but in TR if you do that you just get pushed into your walls and then he wall up and build new FB and now your in trouble.... just keep your Lbs in the back and they do fine.... if you get pushed, send muskets forward and LB back, then they can turn and start shooting again. they are really good units. but don't use them if you like.... makes it easier for anyone to fight you.