Not legit boom scores

Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Not legit boom scores

Post by Foire421 »

Soo, I played 2 games with queen and we both had just absurdly high scores after our booms like queens 3k+ ger boom or our nr55 french boom with almost 6k of score. Both games were streamed if you want to look at them: https://www.twitch.tv/queen1988/v/95492989

Does anyone know how those score were possible since i didnt hack and neither did queen?
Is it a bug? or was it the result of a lagwise good game?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Not legit boom scores

Post by gibson »

You're just op bro
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Incredibly low latency. You're both German.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

I have no clue this is awesome :shock: :hehe: :shock:

Foire was Otto and me German
Attachments
01f948b00f234f25915446012cbda3e8.png
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

dicktator_ wrote:Incredibly low latency. You're both German.

To confirm this is the reason someone can do the same boom offline and see if they get at least as much
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

ovi12 wrote:

To confirm this is the reason someone can do the same boom offline and see if they get at least as much

You can already boom online vs bot 3.2k-3.3k as ger. Ofc, the better the ping between both players, the higher a boom can get.
r]
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher

Post by Foire421 »

ovi12 wrote:

Ye scores like that are possible offline. Seems like thats the reason^^
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ovi12 wrote:

seems like a lot of work for nothing. It's already common knowledge that the lower the lag, the better the boom. I mean Metis was hitting 3600 offline and he he's what a 1st lt?
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

gibson wrote:
ovi12 wrote:

seems like a lot of work for nothing. It's already common knowledge that the lower the lag, the better the boom. I mean Metis was hitting 3600 offline and he he's what a 1st lt?

I can do better than Metis
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

You are both at Semi Finals so we only ecpext high booms of you!
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer

Post by InsectPoison »

Foire is from Austria btw
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

That's like calling you Canadian :o

But yeah you're right, I remember booming 2800 with ger in a 1v1 vs Crazy_Oldman while she was in Switzerland, but 3000 is just a joke, especially by queen :>
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

I think foire and queen met in real life and played on lan.
r]
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Lukas_L99 wrote:

That's like calling you Canadian :o

But yeah you're right, I remember booming 2800 with ger in a 1v1 vs Crazy_Oldman while she was in Switzerland, but 3000 is just a joke, especially by queen :>

ladiesman :p
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher
ESO: OliverP

Post by OliverP »

calling an austrian german.. fuck you dick fuck you
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

anschluss confirmed
12 III 1938 lest we forget
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

gibson wrote:It's already common knowledge that the lower the lag, the better the boom. I mean Metis was hitting 3600 offline and he he's what a 1st lt?

That's about the time we found that offline boom scores had more to do with the computer's processing power than any perfections in skill one had at organizing the macro, though you couldn't just do anything and get that type of score -- you still had to boom rather well.

You can calculate the optimal gathering rate from the data files and it's way beyond that which you will actually get in an online boom. As Gibson said, online booms vary with lag and the same players will get different scores in different games, even when things like team cards, economy natives and map position are taken into effect. Many times I, and other players, have commented that the current game seems "low scoring" or 'high scoring."

Sometimes too, something just seems glitched. Last night, as Ports, I had something wrong with my gold gathering. It wasn't like I was doing badly in the fight either, as I had a 1.19 kill ratio to my (more highly ranked and, thus, purportedly better) opponent's 0.86 ratio (the one who called me a "fuckwit noob dickhead"). I was mostly making Cassadores for 80 food and 35 gold, Jinettes for 90 Food and 90, plus Carib Ambushers for whatever they cost in food and wood but still had to put 70 settlers on gold to see any stability at all. I wonder if was a glitch with the Port Church card, which enhances mill gathering in exchange for a slight detriment in other gathering. Who knows, that negative 5% may have had a bit flipped in memory and turned into negative 20%.

At other times, someone seems to just get into a magical groove. I've seen 2800 scores with Germans online in games that I've recorded. I've watched these recordings and mimicked them as best I can but still do good to hit 2500 or maybe 2600 if I have the eco nat. Offline, you can get to 3000 with Germans. By now, most everyone has the card orders down pat, so how you boom depends a lot on luck finding early treasures, getting your timings just right and the relative location of mines and hunts to your starting TC.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Booming on ori is really good for ger. I have already reached up to 2850 score as ger on it at 40
r]
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Yeah I forgot foire is Austrian not German.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Howdah

Post by Metis »

One problem with booming as Germans in a real team game is that someone usually disregards team etiquette and merrily goes out and eats up all the hunts and mines while you are on wood building your settler wagons. And after you have already lessened your boom potential somewhat by providing them with team settler wagons instead of sending your own eco card, adding insult to injury. This happened to me so much that I developed a one hunt one mine boom. You score a bit less than optimal but you do so anyway when you plan on having a couple of mines and hunts and your team takes them.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Oh, speaking of Germans. As we all know, they have no musketeer unit, something I sorely miss when playing this civ. However, the other day, the saloon had both Highlanders and Fusiliers. I just had to go for it so picked a deck with the German merc. card. Yes, a merc. improvement card in treaty, who would have thunk it. Those Highlanders and Fusiliers simply rocked, and contributed significantly to our win. I'd rather have a bunch of two-pop Highlanders than three-pop War Wagons to face down cav.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Metis wrote:Sometimes too, something just seems glitched. Last night, as Ports, I had something wrong with my gold gathering. It wasn't like I was doing badly in the fight either, as I had a 1.19 kill ratio to my (more highly ranked and, thus, purportedly better) opponent's 0.86 ratio (the one who called me a "fuckwit noob dickhead"). I was mostly making Cassadores for 80 food and 35 gold, Jinettes for 90 Food and 90, plus Carib Ambushers for whatever they cost in food and wood but still had to put 70 settlers on gold to see any stability at all. I wonder if was a glitch with the Port Church card, which enhances mill gathering in exchange for a slight detriment in other gathering. Who knows, that negative 5% may have had a bit flipped in memory and turned into negative 20%.

Can you elaborate at least a bit? Did you only have a feeling?

Metis wrote:Oh, speaking of Germans. As we all know, they have no musketeer unit, something I sorely miss when playing this civ. However, the other day, the saloon had both Highlanders and Fusiliers. I just had to go for it so picked a deck with the German merc. card. Yes, a merc. improvement card in treaty, who would have thunk it. Those Highlanders and Fusiliers simply rocked, and contributed significantly to our win. I'd rather have a bunch of two-pop Highlanders than three-pop War Wagons to face down cav.

First, it's a very risky bet, since you delay your Economic Theory shipment by a lot if you hesitate with picking a deck, plus you have to pay 200w for building a Saloon. Mercenaries have some disadvantages, as they train a lot slower, which is a pain in the ass on a map like Orinoco with no Incan tribes. Additionally, they're not upgradable normally, which means later on they are not on par with regular units in terms of cost- and above all pop-efficiency. However, they may find their niche, I personally do lack Musketeers as Germans whenever I play them in longer games (although it doesn't happen too often, it does occur), and we all know how strong Highlanders and Fusiliers are. My truly German friend experimented with that a bit and claimed it to be pretty effective, as he was lucky enough to get Mamelukes. On the other hand, though, it still remains risky.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Remember that I play treaty. With the merc card, Highlanders have 85 ranged attack, 49 hand attack (2x vs cav) and 520 hitpoints. Fusiliers have 94 ranged attack (1.5x vs ranged cav), 81 siege, 54 hand attack (2x vs cav) and 390 hitpoints. If you have an ally with team infantry attack and/or hitpoints they get even better. I like throwing a few into the mix, especially for a push, Fusileers, especially, are good for pushing as they are almost as fast as cavalry. It's funny when someone doesn't quite know what they are and sends a bunch of hussars to take them out.

Like I said, I don't use this deck often, just if I have the right mercs at the Saloon and if I think I might need that type of unit. In supremacy games, I've watched several videos where the German player simply overwhelmed by using mercs. I don't know if this is the same for the fanpatch or not.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

pecelot wrote:
Metis wrote:Sometimes too, something just seems glitched. Last night, as Ports, I had something wrong with my gold gathering.

Can you elaborate at least a bit? Did you only have a feeling?

That game, with most setts, at least 70, on gold for at least the last hour of the game, I averaged 2890 gold per minute. In the next game, with only my usual 49 on gold, I averaged 3746 gold/min. The only way I could stay viable is for my generous Brit Ally to send me food. I was fighting Spain nats with Ports no nats (other than hero carib) with a full pop of settlers. Spain was being fed too.
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher

Post by Foire421 »

OliverP wrote:

calling an austrian german.. fuck you dick fuck you

Thanks for saying it. But hes american and those ppl are like "austria? Isnt that where all the kangaroos come From?"