United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: Not legit boom scores

Post by dicktator_ »

Foire421 wrote:
OliverP wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:Incredibly low latency. You're both German.

calling an austrian german.. fuck you dick fuck you

Thanks for saying it. But hes american and those ppl are like "austria? Isnt that where all the kangaroos come From?"

I FORGOT guys chill... FYI if someone called me Canadian or something I would just correct them, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it at all.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Metis wrote:Remember that I play treaty. With the merc card, Highlanders have 85 ranged attack, 49 hand attack (2x vs cav) and 520 hitpoints. Fusiliers have 94 ranged attack (1.5x vs ranged cav), 81 siege, 54 hand attack (2x vs cav) and 390 hitpoints. If you have an ally with team infantry attack and/or hitpoints they get even better. I like throwing a few into the mix, especially for a push, Fusileers, especially, are good for pushing as they are almost as fast as cavalry. It's funny when someone doesn't quite know what they are and sends a bunch of hussars to take them out.

Like I said, I don't use this deck often, just if I have the right mercs at the Saloon and if I think I might need that type of unit. In supremacy games, I've watched several videos where the German player simply overwhelmed by using mercs. I don't know if this is the same for the fanpatch or not.

Supremacy without treaty is a whole different story. Indeed, mercs find a lot of usage there. In treaty, however, I wouldn't necessarily agree, like I mentioned before. Although their bare stats seem strong, just a quick comparison with a fully upgraded British musketeers tells it all: 100 res, 375 HP, 58 attack, 51 siege, 35 melee for only one pop space.
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

pecelot wrote:Although their bare stats seem strong, just a quick comparison with a fully upgraded British musketeers tells it all: 100 res, 375 HP, 58 attack, 51 siege, 35 melee for only one pop space.

Right, but mercs in the game are a lot like mercs were in real warfare of the time -- they are hired to fill a specific need. If you are playing Brits, Ports, etc. then there is no need to make Highlanders or Fusiliers but with Germany you have no musket unit.

Sometimes it is fun to use mercs when they are not expected. Once, as Spain, I made a bunch of Arsonists. Unctioned Arsonists melt down a wall like nobody's business and nobody expects Spain to come at them with something like grenadiers. Oftentimes when I am playing Ports and there are Elmeti or Mamelukes at the Saloon I make a few as they are a lot better than the Port hussar, especially if you are facing something like massed longbows that have pretty much the same range as your cannon. Once, I was playing as Otts vs France in a 1v1. I made Ronin and took out his Gendarmes. After this he never made another Gendarme and I won the game. Of course, this was back in the day when we were both 2nd lts. A good France player would have little problem countering that move but it was fun.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Well to be honest mercs are still just for trolling your opponent, they train too slowly and aren't pop-efficient, but they can be fun.

Also you rely on being lucky when you pick your advanced merc deck, you might end up with arsonists and landsknechts...

That pretty much has all been said by pecelot before though, I'm just repeating it cause I felt like metis still thinks they're actually viable.
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

dicktator_ wrote:
Foire421 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Thanks for saying it. But hes american and those ppl are like "austria? Isnt that where all the kangaroos come From?"

I FORGOT guys chill... FYI if someone called me Canadian or something I would just correct them, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it at all.

I thought you were british
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher
ESO: OliverP

Post by OliverP »

dicktator_ wrote:
Foire421 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

no chills were given yesterday.. and still not today or in the future.. you hurt our feelings dick.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Lukas_L99 wrote:Also you rely on being lucky when you pick your advanced merc deck, you might end up with arsonists and landsknechts...

That is why you see what mercs you have before you pick the deck. As someone mentioned previously, this does present the problem of no Economic Theory in age I. However, in a 55 that's not as important and you will quickly catch up in eco when you send it after taking a peek at the saloon. Or, you could just pick the deck and hope for the best.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

Metis wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:Also you rely on being lucky when you pick your advanced merc deck, you might end up with arsonists and landsknechts...

That is why you see what mercs you have before you pick the deck. As someone mentioned previously, this does present the problem of no Economic Theory in age I. However, in a 55 that's not as important and you will quickly catch up in eco when you send it after taking a peek at the saloon. Or, you could just pick the deck and hope for the best.

how do u do that ? afaik the saloon is available in age 2 not b4 that , u need to pick your deck wayyyyyyyyyyy befour that :)
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I could never ever delay picking my deck for more than 5 minutes just to see if there are highlanders in the saloon (pretty small chance). Even thinking about kills me a little inside.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Lukas_L99 wrote:

That's like calling you Canadian :o

But yeah you're right, I remember booming 2800 with ger in a 1v1 vs Crazy_Oldman while she was in Switzerland, but 3000 is just a joke, especially by queen :>

Wait, are you thinking im kidding and this isnt true??? :lol:
shit juice :hmm:
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

Actually we think of half of Europe German and the other half FRench and British
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

queenofdestiny wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

That's like calling you Canadian :o

But yeah you're right, I remember booming 2800 with ger in a 1v1 vs Crazy_Oldman while she was in Switzerland, but 3000 is just a joke, especially by queen :>

First zoom mod and now ressource hack?!??
r]
No Flag charlemagen
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: Charlemagen

Post by charlemagen »

OliverP wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I FORGOT guys chill... FYI if someone called me Canadian or something I would
just correct them, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it at all.

no chills were given yesterday.. and still not today or in the future.. you hurt our feelings dick.

Shut up Oliver
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Gichtenlord wrote:
queenofdestiny wrote:
Show hidden quotes

First zoom mod and now ressource hack?!??

are you jealios?
that you can do something like this :roll:
no hack and zoom mod is just a old story dude
shit juice :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Metis wrote:That is why you see what mercs you have before you pick the deck. As someone mentioned previously, this does present the problem of no Economic Theory in age I. However, in a 55 that's not as important and you will quickly catch up in eco when you send it after taking a peek at the saloon. Or, you could just pick the deck and hope for the best.

As far as I'm concerned, only the British and the Dutch lack the Economic Theory card, with the former still having to send Discovery Age cards as soon as possible. I don't know a lot about booming with the latter (like when to max banks), so maybe then — not sure.
Still, not only do you delay your first shipment, but you also have to spend 200 wood. In a very long term it's not a big deal, seems trivial, but in NR40 I think both of these factors slow down your boom significantly.
There's also a general problem of randomness in the game, mercenaries being an inherent part of. Some argue it's against competitiveness, whereas others claim it's unique and worth leaving. A part of why mercenaries don't see great use in games is that you don't know what to expect. You may be lucky enough to get Jaegers with Black Riders, but also — just like Lukas said — Arsonists and Landsknechts.
In my humble opinion, a nice compromise would be to allow players to see mercenaries units at the very beginning of the game without having to build a saloon — something which is already present in UI maps for spectators. With a UI modification or a small window informing about types of saloon-units I think it would be comfortable, not invasive.
To be fair, someone already said it somewhere, I can't recall where, I'm just passing the idea forward now, not claiming it to be of my possession.

Lukas_L99 wrote:I could never ever delay picking my deck for more than 5 minutes just to see if there are highlanders in the saloon (pretty small chance). Even thinking about kills me a little inside.

True, feels really awkward :D
Howdah

Post by Metis »

I think mercs in treaty are viable with the German merc card or with Spainish unction. Otherwise, I'd not use them, unless it was just for fun.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

The thing is, other units are even more viable with these upgrades.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Mercs are shit in imperial
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Hazza54321 wrote:Mercs are shit in imperial

Succinct, but not entirely accurate. Try them sometime with Spain. For instance. Fusiliers have 131 attack unctioned and Highlanders have 118 attack. Even at 2 pop this makes them better than two musketeers attack-wise. Like I said, it's all for fun, which this game should be about. If you just want to rank up, then delete your HCs and make a bunch of level 20s to play against conscripts in 1v1 games, like a certain PR 44 whose name starts with "A" does.
Austria OliverP
Skirmisher
ESO: OliverP

Post by OliverP »

Metis wrote:

Succinct, but not entirely accurate. Try them sometime with Spain. For instance. Fusiliers have 131 attack unctioned and Highlanders have 118 attack. Even at 2 pop this makes them better than two musketeers attack-wise. .

but 2 spanish muskets got 160 attack damage combined. :O
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

you can play somewhat competitively and still have fun, you know...
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Metis wrote:

Succinct, but not entirely accurate. Try them sometime with Spain. For instance. Fusiliers have 131 attack unctioned and Highlanders have 118 attack. Even at 2 pop this makes them better than two musketeers attack-wise. Like I said, it's all for fun, which this game should be about. If you just want to rank up, then delete your HCs and make a bunch of level 20s to play against conscripts in 1v1 games, like a certain PR 44 whose name starts with "A" does.

Or you could make a spanish musketeer which are 1/3 of the cost
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Metis wrote:

you know that unction affects normal units as well right?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

There's absolutely no reason for mercs to be better with unction than regular units with unction in imperial. One 440 hp and 120 attack highlander, compared to two 315 hp and 82 attack musketeers ? Musketeers are obviously much better.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ye if you want to win id suggest not making mercs......