GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

AoE3 Aztec Treaty Guide [TR40]

Post by _NiceKING_ »

âś” RE Patch
âś” Treaty Patch

BOOM

Age I
Gather your crates. Build a house and a fire pit. Have your Warrior Priest dance on XP.
Put a few villagers on wood until you have enough to build a market and research Hunting Dogs. If you don't have gold starting crates, you'll need put a villager on gold too to get hunting dogs.
Age up with The Messenger (fast age up). You should age up with around 16 villagers but this varies based on starting crates and treasures.
In 1v1 send Exotic Hardwoods (20% wood gathering) as your first card. In team games send TEAM Exotic Hardwoods (team 15% wood gathering) as your first card.
During transition, put like 5 vills on wood, research Placer Mines (coin gathering upgrade from market), start sending settlers to coin. Gather extra wood for another house. Switch vills from wood to coin.

Age II
As soon as you get to Age 2 you should have a shipment available to send Fencing School and switch your fire pit to produce Warrior Priests.
Distribute villagers to gold and food mostly so you get to 1000 gold and 1200 food at the same time. This usually entails moving some of your earlier food villagers to gold and then sending new ones to food as well, but once again this depends on your start and treasures. Adapt as you need.
Age up with The Chief (better War Chief) option. Once you've clicked advance you'll want to research the first (sometimes also the 2nd) wood cutting upgrade in the market and put around 6 villagers on wood so you'll be able to build a TC. After you send fencing school in a team game you'll want to send either the team 3 villagers or Warrior Priests based on your deck [More on this later] If you're not in a team game send the other woodcutting cards. Save your next shipment.

Age III
Build two more TCs. You should be close to maxed on Warrior Priests now (all new ones going to fire pit obviously) and when you're done with them switch fire pit to Fertility Dance and leave it there until you've maxed your villagers.
Send most new villagers to food. They should be coming out close to how fast you're gathering food.
Make sure you keep enough villagers on wood and to build houses frequently. It can be very easy to get housed here if you are not careful.
Once you have enough villagers on food to support steady food production from both (or all three) TC’s, you should start sending more villagers to wood so you can build at least one farm and one plantation. Research the food and coin gathering upgrades from them (those upgrades affect both plantation/farms and mines/hunts).
Gather 1000 gold to send the 10 villagers card [which also includes farm upgrade]. Make sure you have it arrive before you reach 89 villagers. This card helps a lot with your boom.
Distribute your villagers so you get 2000 food and 1200 coin at the same time. Advance with the 2 Noble Hut Wagons.

Age IV
By now you should be close to maxing villagers. Leave about 35 on food and send new villagers to gold. Get 4000 food and 4000 coin at the same time. You should finish maxing villagers right about when you start advancing. As soon as you are maxed on villagers switch the fire pit back to XP.
Advance with the +20% mill gather rate. This is very important to age with to age V because it has a higher bonus than if aged with to any other age. As soon as you click advance redistribute to around 40 food, 30 gold, 29 wood. Continue sending all wood card, farm/plantation and farm cards until you've sent them all.

Age V
Get the final wood cutting upgrade from the market, the last food gathering upgrade from the farm and the last coin gathering upgrade from the plantation.
If you haven't already maxed your villagers do so. Then switch your fire pit to Skull Knights (this is optional. more on that later). If you are not going Skull Knights keep the fire pit on XP.
Start building walls (at least 5 layers) and War/Nobles Huts. Upgrade units. Build Skull Knights up to 199. Send the Jaguar Prowl Knights shipment.
Then research all the big button upgrades at each of your buildings. These give you a huge pop at a maximum of 329/200.
Put 15 vills on firepit like 20 seconds before treaty ends so that you can have 25 dancers for maximum effect.

FIGHT
If you're doing a Skull Knight box take your 49 Skull Knights in defense mode. Then put a single Eagle Runner Knight/or Arrow Knight in defense mode separately. When you select them all they should form a tight box. This is a high siege army that melt thru wall like butter.
Put your Jaguar Prowl Knights in stealth mode [invisible] to follow your Skull Knight army.
Scout your enemy base to find weak point in walling, use Skull Knight box to break in and try to kill valuable buildings like factories/wonders and first town center. Stealth in your Jaguar Prowl Knights behind them for even more carnage.

After the first fight you need to get map control, because if you don't and you run out of wood you're screwed. If you're in a team, make sure to use teamwork because Aztecs could use some help with artillery.
Always revive your War Chief and use him to tank as much damage as possible.
Keep your fire pit on Combat Dance as much as possible when fighting. Occasionally switch to Fertility if you need to get out units fast, Town Dance (if you have the card in your deck) if you need to protect your town or forward base and don't have nearby units. There are two ways you can revive your WarChief. The first one is standard, you use WarChief dance when he get killed, he will get revived near the firepit. Another way is to use Healing Dance, this dance will heal your "dead" WarChief and he will get up right where he got killed with more than half of HP.

UNITS
The Aztec counters and units can be confusing at first.
Puma Spearman is just regular Pikeman and counter cavalry. They're not very useful because Jaguar Prowls Knight do everything they do better.
Macehualtins are like crossbowmen/strelet with fast rate of fire. They counter heavy infantry and ranged cavalry.
Coyote Runners are light infantry, the Aztec equivalent of heavy cavalry. They are good against skirmisher type units but lose to anything that counters cavalry (musketeers, halberdiers, dragoons...).
Jaguar Prowl Knights are solid units that have good siege and are good against cavalry. They are also good against heavy infantry if you can get to melee with them.
Eagle Runner Knights are ranged light infantry, the Aztec equivalent of ranged cavalry. They are good against heavy cavalry and light infantry, but lose to Skirmishers, longbows etc. Although they can be reasonably effective against Musketeer/Janissary/Abus Gun cuz of high rate of fire.
Arrow Knights fill the roles of Mortars and Culverins. They are good against buildings and artillery, but lose to infantry and cavalry.
Skull Knight is like Doppelsoldner/Samurai. They are good against buildings and cavalry, and should be trained for your first army only.

DECK
The Aztecs need lots of decks for different situations, but they should all have the same basic cards:
The 2 largest wood cards (1 is team), all the farm and farm/plantation cards
Essential military cards like the Knight combat cards and fencing school.
Several of the waterfront cards (they look like unit shipments but if you read the descriptions they improve their units) especially the Jaguar Prowl, Arrow, Eagle Runner Knight and 10 villager ones.
Other cards vary. For example, you can use the town dance card or not. It depends on how comfortable you are without it.
The Aztecs need at least 4 decks though:
1 deck for a 1v1 fight or with another Aztec teammate (no team cards besides natives and the woodcutting one)
1 deck for having European and/or Asian allies (the team 3 villager shipment because it gives them an extra 3 villagers for their limit)
1 deck for Iroquois or Sioux allies (team 2 Warrior Priest card because it improves their fire pits effectiveness and frees up 2 villagers)
Finally, 1 deck for both European/Asian allies and native allies (both team 2 Warrior Priest and 3 villagers).
And also make sure you have the infinite 1000 gold shipment. That one really helps in long games.

[spoiler=Videos]Watch Aztec Fight vs Chinese:
phpBB [video]
[/spoiler]
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: AoE3 Aztec Treaty Guide

Post by tedere12 »

hey I got a question.
Since on some maps wood runs out and aztec have no wood income (like factories), wouldn't it be effective to have the 20 maces card in your deck? Or you don't use the maces at all?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

tedere12 wrote:hey I got a question.
Since on some maps wood runs out and aztec have no wood income (like factories), wouldn't it be effective to have the 20 maces card in your deck? Or you don't use the maces at all?

Well on maps where wood runs out aztecs are just a pretty bad civ, even if you're using that 20 mace shipment you won't be able to make coyotes at one point which means your opponent can go full skirm and beat you pretty cost-effectively.

Having 20 population blocked for 40 seconds is kinda a big deal too, especially for aztecs where 10 WP+99 vills already limit your army to 91 population. Also aztecs gather coin very slowly from plantations, so the 1k coin shipment is actually very good for balancing your vills to gather at optimal rates.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

no you just dont use mace. they suck in treaty, and as you said cost wood. They are not an efficient use of your 90 fighting population and so i disagree with the OP about using them whatsoever. There are mre important cards. Also i disagree with the team 3 vil card to be honest. at least in the order it is sent in this BO. Maybe once everyine is maxed, but again there are more importantcards. If anything send team medicine. but not even tbh
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

jgals wrote:

no you just dont use mace. they suck in treaty, and as you said cost wood. They are not an efficient use of your 90 fighting population and so i disagree with the OP about using them whatsoever. There are mre important cards. Also i disagree with the team 3 vil card to be honest. at least in the order it is sent in this BO. Maybe once everyine is maxed, but again there are more importantcards. If anything send team medicine. but not even tbh

other than that its a pretty good guide tho thanks. You should mention that town dance is important while all in rushing their base at tr end if they do the same to you.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Re: AoE3 Aztec Treaty Guide [TR40]

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

why do you summon garja?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I'm pretty sure you do want the card that increases huts range.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

nah u dont
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

It's a nice card but there are better ones
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Hazza54321 wrote:nah u dont

+1
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Lukas_L99 wrote:It's a nice card but there are better ones

Ye deck seems pretty crowded already. Maybe the coyo 20% attack can be removed? Not sure it makes that much of a difference unless it is meant to overpop. Those huts prob get more res value in the long run. Especially in combination with town dance maybe can help when you fall back to remax?
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Garja wrote:

Ye deck seems pretty crowded already. Maybe the coyo 20% attack can be removed? Not sure it makes that much of a difference unless it is meant to overpop. Those huts prob get more res value in the long run. Especially in combination with town dance maybe can help when you fall back to remax?

Playing with wall spam and tower dance is one good way of playing azzy, in that case the card would be nice. But that's a very campy style and pretty boring/lame to me. I like being on attack dance while fighting at multiple places.
No Flag almalek
Skirmisher

Post by almalek »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Garja wrote:

Playing with wall spam and tower dance is one good way of playing azzy, in that case the card would be nice. But that's a very campy style and pretty boring/lame to me. I like being on attack dance while fighting at multiple places.

ye if you doing diarouga fi.. i had a game my opponent didnt wall i won ez..

Mod restoration. User has been warned the second time for constant disruptive behaviour.
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

jgals wrote:

You are just wrong.
give that guy a manual
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

stronk wrote:
jgals wrote:

You are just wrong.

well dude how many treaties have you played as Aztec just wondering
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Garja wrote:

thats not really what im saying one should do, but its a more valueble card than team 3 vil for dam sure. I hardly ever use it but its always in my deck
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Garja wrote:

you realy must be joking when you say that. Tell me if I am just not able to read this sarcasm. Coyo 20% is one of the most important cards. Ok so maybe you just haven't played much treaty which is highly possible garja but the only thing making Aztec not complete trash at treaty vs civs with skirms and canons skirms mostly is the 20% card. without that I doubt that coyo even get to skirms without being shot down. Even FU coyo are a weak adversary for massed skirm. imagine playing fr with 100 skirm 10 goon or maybe he kills 20 vils and stil has a better eco than you to mix in 10 more goon. Your 90 coyo have no chance. Or imagine port running like 25 goon 50 cass. never gonna win that even FU coyo. You just need the 20% card withuto a doubt. Again I am sure I'm not the best at treaty but spare me the rush players who want to come in and troll me about how I am wrong who hav enever even played treaty, or if they have never played Aztec.

also I will add that Aztec don't have the spamming rights that other civs have. For one thing coyo and eagles never train fast enough even on full fertility to go into spamenomics, you stil have to win fights and maintain compositions with az you cant just pop out units thinking about value trades like with Russia. Also since Aztec has the smallest fighting population in the game( I'm sure their 1 population unit stats kind of make up for that, then again you need a lot of jaguars to counter FU ashi/ redcoat) you realy have to worry about quality units not quanity. You realy cant afford to spam a shit unit that eats what little wood there is on a lot of maps like mace btw no matter what anyone who has never tried says.

so in conclusion any upgrade card is essential especially for such an essential unit as coyo. Their main problem is they suck at getting to skirms and fighting them without dying ,and in addition to giving them more tank ability they are faster with that card so they close distance better
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

nice essay. Too bad i was refering to the 20% attack gold card
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

jgals wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

thats not really what im saying one should do, but its a more valueble card than team 3 vil for dam sure. I hardly ever use it but its always in my deck

I wasn't even replying to you lol. And team 3 vills is very good in 3v3s, just not worth it in 2v2s.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Just listen to lukas and youll become pros
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
jgals wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I wasn't even replying to you lol. And team 3 vills is very good in 3v3s, just not worth it in 2v2s.

It’s always worth it in 2v2 and 3v3 imo.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Treaty aztec no rush 40 guide (no rule breakers)

BOOM

Age one

Shift click explorer to run circles around the map and queue some slaves and make them gather animals and age. slowly start rubbing your right nut with your left hand.

Age two

produce some gibsons to dance circles and make ur slaves to gather more resources to u. Age up. take both nuts to your left hand and pleasure yourself.

Age three

drops tcs and queue slaves to farm and age. watch pornography on the backround start slowly jerking off ur joystick along with it.

Age four

notice your explorer has been walled in enemys base to a small box. ignore it and gather resorcess. up the pace in downstairs.

Age five
tell ur mates to wall you in. make skull box and go afk. use both hands now and grind it with your both hands like a berserker.

Fight

ram your skull box to opponents 10 layers of wall and get it killed. Blame your teammates and resign.

uninstall aoe
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

i have an idea of wich person could be the slave
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

princeofkabul wrote:Treaty aztec no rush 40 guide (no rule breakers)

BOOM

Age one

Shift click explorer to run circles around the map and queue some slaves and make them gather animals and age. slowly start rubbing your right nut with your left hand.

Update just made a new thread in response to this.

Is no one going to fight me on how shit mace are in treaty ?

Age two

produce some gibsons to dance circles and make ur slaves to gather more resources to u. Age up. take both nuts to your left hand and pleasure yourself.

Age three

drops tcs and queue slaves to farm and age. watch pornography on the backround start slowly jerking off ur joystick along with it.

Age four

notice your explorer has been walled in enemys base to a small box. ignore it and gather resorcess. up the pace in downstairs.

Age five
tell ur mates to wall you in. make skull box and go afk. use both hands now and grind it with your both hands like a berserker.

Fight

ram your skull box to opponents 10 layers of wall and get it killed. Blame your teammates and resign.

uninstall aoe

This might be a little too personal but I’ve actually used this build before. All except the final part, usually I am able to finish my work downstairs with at least 20 seconds before the fight left