GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

AoE3 British Treaty Guide

Post by _NiceKING_ »

RE Patch
Treaty Patch

BOOM

AGE I
Separate your villagers on food crates first and shift click on hunting to queue the first villager as soon as possible.
Keep 5 villagers on food for constant villager production and the rest to wood for manors (and the market if you didn't start with 300 wood).
Research first wood upgrade in Market.
Search for coin treasures or put 1 or 2 villagers on gold to research first hunting upgrade in Market.
Your first card should be Ranching (allowing you to make cows). However you normally won't have a Livestock Pen up when the card arrives.
Your build order should be as follows: House, Market, House, Livestock Pen.
Once you have those houses and the Livestock Pen up transition your villager to food but keep 5-7 villagers on wood. You want to continue villager production and make as many cows as possible.
Put new villagers to food. Use the 5-7 vills on wood to keep making manors (usually you will make 1-2 houses before you have to add your second pen).
After building the second Livestock Pen, put 3-5 vills onto gold, keeping 3-5 vills on wood. You want to get exactly 150 wood and 150 gold for Selective Breeding [fattening upgrade in Livestock Pen]. Once you have this transition your gold villagers back to wood.
Once you have 20 cows, keep 4 villagers on food and put the rest on wood and spam manors. Always build them close to your resources to save walking time but make sure that you don't put them too close to your Livestock Pens since you want to build plantations/mills around them later.
Second card Stockyards for cow to fatten faster.
Third card TEAM Wool Staple Ports [unique British card for team livestock to fatten faster]
Fourth card Fulling Mills [villagers gather from livestock much faster].Around the time this card arrives, your first cows should be fattened.
Take your vills off hunts and put them to the cows. Additionally you can take some off wood as well.
During this time, lots of your cows fatten and you may end up forgetting to make manors.
As soon as you get 800 food, Age to II with the 2 villagers bonus. At the same moment, research Placer Mines [first mining upgrade in Market] and send 20 vills to coin.
During the transition to Age 2, build 3 Livestock Pens for sheep and train all your sheep.
Make sure you keep replacing the cows you eat, as well as training sheep on the 3 sheep pens.
While aging, you should have the rest of your villagers on wood or on cows (depending on your age time and how many manors you built). Use these to finish making the sheep pens (you need three) and keep making manors.
Before age 2, you should be finishing training your 30 sheep. Also keep 200 wood to get the second gold upgrade in market.

AGE II
By the time you hit Age II, you should have enough gold to advance to Age III immediately. Use the option with 400 wood bonus.
Now immediately get the Amalgamation [second gold upgrade in Market] and then the Log Flume [second wood upgrade in Market].
Build the rest of your manors (if you haven't finished them yet, usually you can max them in Age I) and keep your villagers on wood until you have 800 wood then transition them to gold.
You will need to keep only a few villagers on your first mine and take most villagers off it and spread them around other mines nearby. The reason is because the first mine is the one near your first Town Center and the Livestock Pens, and it usually runs out about the same time first sheeps fatten, so you can spare the walking time of villagers back to the Livestock Pen to eat them.
To make up for the walking time, you should put a couple more villagers onto gold.

AGE III
Build 2 more Town Centers.
Build them near your initial Town Center.
Send 2 villagers to gather the 400 wood crates you got from Age up bonus.
When you hit Age III, you should yet again be able to advance to Age IV immediately.
Age up with the 1000 gold bonus.
By now, your second round of cows and your first round of sheep are fattening, so it is important to only assign ONE vill per sheep/cow. This is because you want to be able to create those cows/sheep again ASAP, so they can fatten again.
You may also wanna try to kill a cow/sheep before eating eat, it will allow you to save villager time (it takes 2 hits for a vill to kill a cow/sheep) and train new cows/sheep faster.

AGE IV
Gather your 1000 coin crates ASAP. (with ~4 villagers)
Send factory cards.
You should almost be able to advance to Age V immediately.
Upgrade your last wood upgrade in market.
Upgrade the wood production in your factory and put them on wood.

AGE V
Build Capitol and get all Imperial upgrades for wood/gold/food.
Switch your gold villagers to wood.
This is the hardest part of the Pre-40 Brits boom as you really need to micro your villagers so that you can remake your cows/sheep ASAP.
Now it's just a matter of practicing your livestock micro.
Whenever a cow/sheep fattens, select the nearest vill and shift click it onto the single cow/sheep then back to the plantation/mill. This is tedious however it means there will be no idle villagers, and it ensures you only have 1 vill per cow/sheep so you can have as many villagers as possible on plantations. After you have mastered such cowing, you may wanna try even better cowing. What you should do is kill a cow/sheep before a vill gets to it. It will allow you to save villager time (it takes 2 hits for a vill to kill a cow/sheep) and train new cows/sheep faster. Note: You may accidentally kill a villager, this may happen pretty often, all you will need is practice.
Build plantations around your pens but don't put villagers on them until you have FULLY UPGRADED them, this includes Capitol upgrades, HC cards and upgrades in plantation.
Buy Mercantilism in Church so you can have extra XP to send other cards.
Once you have sent all those plantation cards out, put most of your villagers to the plantations.
You need about 8 plantations. Keep no less than 19 villagers on wood.
It's not necessary for Brits to send the food/mill upgrade cards [Refrigeration/Sustainable Agriculture] until the treaty ends unless you have a Trading Post.
You should send one of the training cards (FencingSchool or CavalrySchool) and Advanced Church before 40.

CARD ORDER

Ranching > Stockyards > TEAM Wool Staple Ports > Fulling Mills > Factory > Factory > Royal Mint > Cigar Roller > Rum Distillery > Church Card > Fencing School/AdvancedArsenal > Cavalry School > your choice...

FIGHT

BEING AGGRESSIVE
The first 10 minutes of fight are some of the most crucial for British. The first few minutes your composition may vary between Musketeers/Hussars with one or two mortars to Musketeer/Horse Artillery/Culverin.
Ultimately it depends on your opponents civ and their combo.
VS MELEE (German/Spain)
You want to spend the first 2 - 4 minutes of fight with lots of Musketeer as meatshields protecting your Horse Artillery and Culverin. This is an expensive army if you end up throwing away your Horse Artillery, so be sure to play economically. You want to be building up your forward base and securing the flanks with stables so you can pressure with 5 huss if you need to.
VS GERMAN you want to get your Longbow card out after Advance Arsenal and training cards (and Native if you have them) to target the WW. Brits have the disadvantage with the Natives (being food heavy) and have the advantage without the Natives (better eco than German can sustain).
VS SPAIN you want to block Lancer with Hussar and Musketeer killing the lancer while Musketeers are used as a meatshield against Rodeleros with Horse Artillery picking off Rodeleros and Skirmishers. IF you have natives, you must be careful not to overspam and use them to block Rodeleros as well. If they have lots of Skirmishers and not too many Rodeleros/Nats (usually when their economy is low), transition to a Longbow Hussar combo.
VS RANGE (Port, Brits etc)
You want about 3 - 6 minutes on Musketeer/Hussar//Mortar to push your opponent and keep their forward base down, taking map control.
Setting up flanks is essential as Hussars are a major part of this combo.
After that 6 minute mark your opponent would usually have set up a solid position where a good Skirmisher/Dragoon combo can counter the close range style of Musket + Hussar. This is when you transition to Longbow.
There are several rules with the Longbow combo - you cannot be over aggressive as you will end up with too many Longbow and not enough anti-cavalry, leaving you vulnerable to flanking cavalry. You MUST NOT have your Longbow at the front of your army - wood is scarce in treaty so you want to have Musketeers as the main meatshield with Longbow at the back. Abuse their 26 range.
BEING DEFENSIVE
Longbows/Dragoons/Horse Artillery is the best defensive combination as British, making sure you cow effectively and only take ground if your opponent hands it to you. This kind of play style should be used when you have about 1500/1600 economy.

[spoiler=DECK EXAMPLES]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Watch British Boom Guide
https://www.twitch.tv/lukas_l99/v/8770072
United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
ESO: dthrill

Re: AoE3 British Treaty Guide [TR40]

Post by dthrill_08 »

Great write up. I am a vanilla player and I know this if for TAD but still good to see a guide. If I use British vs French or German, should I use more Cavalry HC upgrade than Musk? I know the British have strong Hussar and Dragoons (2nd best dragoon in game).
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Re: AoE3 British Treaty Guide [TR40]

Post by Lukas_L99 »

dthrill_08 wrote:Great write up. I am a vanilla player and I know this if for TAD but still good to see a guide. If I use British vs French or German, should I use more Cavalry HC upgrade than Musk? I know the British have strong Hussar and Dragoons (2nd best dragoon in game).

Musketeers are almost always your most built unit so you want all of their upgrades in your deck.
Norway NoName
Crossbow
ESO: InsertESOUserName

Re: AoE3 British Treaty Guide

Post by NoName »

What you prefer of Rockets or Horse Art in starting army and why?
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

NoName wrote:What you prefer of Rockets or Horse Art in starting army and why?

Rockets are better, produce and upgrade them with factories. They are stronger and better for pushing and for the start fight they can easily be protected with the overpop.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

supernapoleon wrote:

Rockets are better, produce and upgrade them with factories. They are stronger and better for pushing and for the start fight they can easily be protected with the overpop.

Why do you think rockets are better for pushing when they're much slower than horse art? :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

But they set out much more quickly!
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

pecelot wrote:But they set out much more quickly :!:

You get them from the HC after boom. :!:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Well, exactly? :?:
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
supernapoleon wrote:

Why do you think rockets are better for pushing when they're much slower than horse art? :hmm:

Higher damage, more hp, more cost effient, good range and shooting animation...just everything you need to push
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

supernapoleon wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

Higher damage, more hp, more cost effient, good range and shooting animation...just everything you need to push

Their damage is lower vs infantry, also their reload animation is slower than horse art. Tbh for pushing I'd prefer horse art cause of higher mobility or maybe just no art at all except for mortars.

But to answer the original question: Rockets are better for the start army.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

supernap was specifically saying rockets were better for pushing in reference to use in the start army