GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

AoE3 German Treaty Guide

Post by _NiceKING_ »

RE Patch
Treaty Patch

BOOM

Age I

Separate your villagers on food crates first and shift click on hunting, queue the first villager as soon as possible, use one settler wagon to collect wood crate to build a house and a market, keep 2 settler wagons on hunting animal for constant villager training.
Depending on your resource start, put 1 settler wagon on wood/gold to upgrade Hunting Dog [first hunting upgrade] and Placer Mine [first mining upgrade] then Gang Saw [first wood upgrade] in market.
Send first card - Economic Theory.
Queue up to 20 villagers.
Distribute your villagers on food/gold [normally more on food than gold] so you get 800 food for Age II, then 1200food/1000gold for direct Age III after Age II.
Advance to Age II with 400 wood option.
When aging up, gather extra 150 food/ 250 extra gold for Log Flume [second wood upgrade] in market.

Age II

Upgrade Log Flume [second wood upgrade in market] right away when you arrive at Age II. Then keep about 3 or 4 villagers on food, leave 2 vills on coin to be able to research steel traps after building the 2nd TC, other villagers go onto wood to prepare for Age III Town Centers and mills.
Collect your Aging up bonus 400 wood.
Build one more house to get pop space for next card.
Advance to Age III with Fast Age up option.

Age III

Build 2 more Town Centers with your Explorer.
Send your first card Refrigeration, wait for the card bonus Uhlans cavalry to arrive then delete them to save pop space.
Note with German on RE, from Age II, each card you send will deliver bonus Uhlan cavalry that takes a lot of pop space that would require you to build more houses than normal with the precious wood that you should spend on building mill and Settler Wagons so it's better to delete the Uhlans rather than keeping it. [Note: On Treaty Patch you do not get free Uhlans with the shipments].
If there are some big treasures on the map worth getting like 480 xp, extra villager, 520 gold, 300 wood, 5 more on pop limit, 5% discount on food/gold...you can use your shipment Uhlans to get treasures. If there are some useless treasures on the map (like cougar or 1 inca native), use them to kill your Uhlans if you don't need them at 40 cuz killing the Uhlans yourself gives extra XP to your opponent and we wanna avoid it if there is such a good opportunity.
Send your second card German town Farmers [enable Settler Wagons training on mill].
When your extra Town Centers are up, switch some more villagers onto food to keep constant villager production [at least 10].
Build your mill right when you got extra 400 wood. Start to train Settler Wagon from mill.
Distribute your villagers on food/wood so you have constant training from Town Centers and mill.
Build more mills to get Settler Wagon out faster [usually 3 mills]. Put Settler Wagons on mill as you run low on hunting animal.
Next card Royal Mint, upgrade Amalgamation for mining in market too and start to put more villagers on gold for Age IV 2000 food/1200 gold.
At 15 minutes mark, you should have full 20 Settler Wagons and on your way to Age IV.
Keep some villagers on wood to upgrade your mill.

Age IV

Send Guild Artisans card first for 35% faster gather rate for Settler Wagons.
Send 2 factory cards, build and upgrade factories right away, put them on wood.
At 17 minutes you should be on your way to Age V.
Research Circular Saw [the final wood upgrade in market]. Put most of your villagers on wood.

Age V

Build Capitol and upgrade wood/food/gold right away.
Build 1 more mills [you should have 4 mills in total] and put 5 Settler Wagons on each mill [less bumping to each other, for best gather rate]. Your Settler Wagons have the best gather rate in all kinds of villager, so please don't drag them around the map to waste time on walking.
Buy Mercantilism [Church 2000 XP] and send Sustainable Agriculture card [15% mill gather rate] in 1v1 or Food Silos [team 10% mill gather rate] in team game.
Build like 10-12 plantations [building plantation also gives extra xp], upgrade them, and send all plantation cards [Textile Mill/Cigar Roller/Rum Distillery].

Start putting more villagers on gold, final distribution can be 20 Settler Wagon on food/15-20 on wood and the rest on gold. If you playing with natives, put 20SW and 7 villagers on food (27 in total).
Your villagers should be 119 right now, because Settler Wagon is counted as 2 normal villagers, you should delete normal villagers to reduce villager count to at least 70.
NEVER DELETE SETTLER WAGON.
German economy is very flexible, if you feel you are draining more than your enemy, you can be defensive with less troop and train more villagers to recover.

FIGHT

German weakest point in the game is at the beginning of the fight. It is important that you construct your forward base ASAP and not too close to the fight to begin with (unless you have both training cards out).
German is best used in the Natives as their economy is very strong and can support natives the best out of any no op civ.
Remember to make a shipment point close to your battlefield [outpost] for the infinite Heavy Cannon, they will be your main artillery in late game [in addition to culverin].

VS MELEE

You want to have Natives out at all times with Skirms and Art, if they are a melee cavalry civ then you go mainly Skirms to pick off the infantry, 3 - 6 War Wagon microed to the cav and Doppelsodner/Native as the main base of melee attack to tear apart their units.

VS RANGE

One of the best combo Doppel ( + Nat) Ulhan Skirm. Just be sure to keep 200/200 population most of the time, about 20 - 25 skirm with 10 ulhan and 15 at least doppel. You can't do this if there is a huge field between you and your opponents army so only do this if you can get close. It is extremely effective if you have 70 - 80 vills (not too low because you will drain and not too high because you won't have enough pop).

DEFENSIVE

German probably have one of the best defensive strategy in treaty. The ability to take villager population up and down as their eco changes is very important to learn - you need to be able to recognize when you are draining more than your opponent.
TIP: Do not go over 100 vill as SW cost 2 pop, and gives you only an 80 pop army. The composition is usually skirm with some war wagon (not too many as they are pop heavy) with culverin to take out enemy artillery.

DECK

[spoiler=Videos]Watch German Fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYyvoDcY4vs
Watch German Boom Guide from @Lukas_L99
https://www.twitch.tv/lukas_l99/v/9119961[/spoiler]
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Re: German Treaty Guide

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Thanks for writing this up, I'd add that you leave 2-3 vills on coin after making the 2nd wood upgrade to be able to research steel traps after building the 2nd TC.
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

Great write-up!

A thing you could add to the RE part:
If you feel like you can't use Uhlan in your start army you can let treasure guardians kill them instead of deleting them yourself. That way you won't be giving any xp to your opponent (the xp your opponent recives equals almost to one extra shipment before 40 if you kill all your Uhlans). Getting rid of your Uhlans this way can be usefull if you have some spare apm and an otherwise useless treasure somewhere on the map (like a tame cougar).
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Agreed.
No Flag Sherigo
Crossbow

Post by Sherigo »

Thank you for the guide it is very helpful.
I have some question, when is the best time to move villagers from wood to gold? i'm always late whit industrial so my timing whit that part isnt too good.

When facing Iro in nats, what should my army composition look like?, bcs i find it for me thats one of the hardest match up, so what is good vs iro?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Sherigo wrote:Thank you for the guide it is very helpful.
I have some question, when is the best time to move villagers from wood to gold? i'm always late whit industrial so my timing whit that part isnt too good.

When facing Iro in nats, what should my army composition look like?, bcs i find it for me thats one of the hardest match up, so what is good vs iro?

You want to move vills from wood to coin when you have 2 mills up for steady SW production and just made the 2nd coin upgrade in the market without getting housed/neglecting SW production. All just a matter of feeling/practice you will get when playing more, telling you exact numbers just isn't possible cause every game your treasures/resources overall will be different.

Agsinst Iro you usually go skirm/cannon heavy, try to outmicro his light cannons which have 2 less range than culverines and want to use your heavy cannon shipment very well. It can be a hard match-up cause Iro's army is so big and you're gonna get rekt at start, but if you can stabilize well and get walls/7 towers up+camp with art you're gonna do better in the long run since Iro wil be out of coin.

What you can do against Iros is trying to split him with your natives if the cliffs allow it since huamincas are kinda a waste in the main fight against pure forest prowler/light cannon and as an Iro it's kinda annoying to deal with splits.
No Flag WilliamWallace30
Crossbow
Donator 02
ESO: WilliamWallace30

Re: AoE3 German Treaty Guide

Post by WilliamWallace30 »

When choosing the last few cards before treaty ends, do you think it's more important to send advanced arsenal or the training time cards? I've heard arguments for both but am wondering what you guys thing. What is the current consensus on infinite heavy cannon these days also?
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

WilliamWallace30 wrote:When choosing the last few cards before treaty ends, do you think it's more important to send advanced arsenal or the training time cards? I've heard arguments for both but am wondering what you guys thing. What is the current consensus on infinite heavy cannon these days also?

you should have sent both b4 the treaty end (aa first). HC is great for overpop and a powerful cannon (remember u get 4 uhlan as well) send it after you sent all your cards or if you need to push back right now.

thank you from jakey the treaty god
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Well VS civs that will push you hard in the beginning, like Spain or competent ports, both training cards first.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag Ainzcalaca
Crossbow

Post by Ainzcalaca »

can enable the images of the deck?
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Ainzcalaca wrote:can enable the images of the deck?

Nat deck:
No nat deck:
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
China juicyfruit1268
Skirmisher
ESO: Torie

Post by juicyfruit1268 »

How much doppelsodners and uhlan should one make? I find myself almost never making doppelsodners and going pure skirm-ww-artillery, because I will genearlly outdrain my opponent just going for that.
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Post by Foire421 »

You only make dops to hard push or to counter a hard push usually but you can always add some if your enemie uses a lot of cav to harras. Uhlans are smt u always want to have for harrasing or pushing the enemie. They have great dmg so if you can find some rather unprotected skirms or art always go for it.
Going ww skirm art is usually fine, but as i said some uhlans are hardly wrong, just make sure to not spam then into their death which can also happen if you don't pay attention.