GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Sioux Treaty Guide

Post by _NiceKING_ »

RE Patch
Treaty Patch

BOOM

Age I

As soon as you start, separate villagers on food crates first (each on separate crate then shift click hunting animal), quickly queue your first villager when you got 100 food.
Standard start, send 4 villagers to Hunt, herd towards you. Send the rest to wood/coin and get the Hunting Dogs technology from the market, then transition every villager to food.
Keep putting villagers on Food until you can Age up.
Age up using The Messenger (Fast Age up)

Aging to II

Leave 10 villagers on food, send the rest to wood until you have 75 wood, then transition those to coin, get the Placer Mines upgrade from the market.

Age II
Resume villager production, all new villagers go to gold, unless you require more food than you normally would, Age up as soon as possible.
Age up using The Chief (800 Wood)

Aging to III
Get your total villagers on food up to 16, leave the rest on gold until you have enough gold to get the first 2 wood upgrades in the market.

Age III
Build both your TCs using your Warchief and 2-4 villagers depending on your needs.
Build a Fire pit.
All new villagers to the Firepit, until Firepit is maxed.
Then all new villagers go to food until you have 39-40 villagers on food, 4 new villagers to wood, rest to gold.
Build a farm as soon as possible, research the first food upgrade. After you max villagers remove all but 6 vills from your firepit, distribute 15 to wood and 4 to coin.
Build a plantation, research the first gold upgrade.
Get the 3rd wood cutting upgrade.
Age up to IV with The Shaman (1500 Food)

Aging to IV/Age IV
Upgrade from farm/plantation, lower the number of villagers on food to around 26-28 and put the villagers you take off food onto gold, once farm/plantation upgrades are done take villager off wood and put onto gold. Once you arrive to age IV, collect the 1500 food crates.
Age up to Imperial with The Wise Women (Bison + 40% to hunting).

Aging to V
Get 25-30 villagers on wood, rest on food and coin.

Age V
Get the Imperial wood/food/gold upgrades. Put 25 on food, 19 on wood, 35 on gold; put 25 vills on firepit and set firepit to make Dog Soldiers if you going to make the mighty box. Otherwise, put these vills to gather some resources.
Build your War Huts/Stables, one teepee, upgrade Wakina/Axe Rider/Rifle Rider//War Hut, as well as the upgrades in the teepee.
1 minute before 40 put 25 villagers on your firepit.
Put the Fire Pit on Siege Dance if you are going to use the mighty box, otherwise put it on War Dance.
Hit with Dog Soldier Box.

CARD ORDER

[RE Patch] Earth Bounty > Great Hunter > Exotic Hardwoods > Woodcrafting > Sawmills > Food Silos > New Ways > Aggressive Policy > Cavalry Combat > Cavalry Attack > Command Skill > Two Kettle Support > Cavalry HP > Friendly Territory > Nomadic Expansion-> Your Choice

[Treaty Patch] Earth Bounty > Great Hunter > Exotic Hardwoods > Woodcrafting > Sawmills > Spice Trade >Furrier > Food Silos > New Ways > Aggressive Policy > Cavalry Combat > Cavalry Attack > Command Skill > Two Kettle Support > Cavalry HP > Friendly Territory > Nomadic Expansion-> Your Choice

FIGHT

The Sioux are best described as Defensive Pushers. Their power comes from Teepee, which must be built up around your units, meaning you need to go to your enemy, put down Teepee, kill them, destroy their FB and then push forward and repeat.
You don't run at them in the European civilisation style of play, you wait for them to come to you and your Teepee, you pull them from their FB to your FB and decimate them, then you continue this process until you've got them at their base.
Usually you call in your teammate to assist with Siege then, or pull back and draw them out if your teammate is pre-occupied, the choice in yours.
Also, I must make this insanely clear: The Warchief is the FIRST unit you should try to use for anti-artillery! You should only use Rifle Rider when you absolutely must, Warchief is almost always infinitely better if he can be utilized.
Train your army up to 199 pop, then send Wakinas from your deck for overpop. Do not forget TC Big Button.

FIREPIT

War Dance

It provides a large boost to the damage output of your army. Use it when you are almost full pop and when you do not really need other dances.

Warchief Dance

You should be on this dance whenever your Warchief is attacking artillery, because it strengthens the Warchief's hitpoints and will revive him should he fall. After you are done handling their artillery, go back to War Dance and of course use it to revive the WarChief as soon as he gets killed.

Fertility Dance

Use it when your population is far too low (say 170 out of 200), you should use this if you are not massively out-killing your opponent, note that with 170 pop and 20 teepee, you do not need this as 60 pop army will murder 100 pop with 20 teepee.

Siege Dance

This is a support dance, by which I mean it's only used in certain situations. Use it when you making Dog Soldier box to get to opponent's city or use it on RE Patch when you are pushing and trying to siege buildings and walls with cavalry/natives.

Town Dance

It's another support dance, the crutch this provides is when you are at an opponents walls, they are shelling your teepees and you are waiting on a teammate to bring mortars/culverins, or other similar situations where their artillery is out of your reach (either using War Chief or Rifle Rider). It allows you to double the HP of your teepee, making it take 2 shots to kill a teepee instead of 1, while this might seem insignificant, it allows you to spend far far less time microing your wakinas to build teepees in certain situations.

Watch Sioux Boom and Fight (RE): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bscyzj5cg8ln ... on1ya?dl=0
Watch Sioux Boom Guide (RE): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3I2Jvu3PP0
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Re: Sioux Treaty Guide

Post by briowl »

I don't know what the point of having stealth for your WC is?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

You don't really need that card, it's just one of the variations of the Sioux deck.
No Flag briowl
Dragoon

Post by briowl »

oh ok. I guess if you hide him in your wakina then your cav gets to the frontline a bit quicker, but definitely don't stack with WC hitpoints unless you are only sending that for the dogs? Black arrow, Native Warriors, Counting Coup or even Warrior culture would be better IMO. Thanks for the write-up tho. I think you should add the caveat that in 1v1 on RE you always lose so long as your opponent isnt a total noob. Fun to play tho. I prefer to go for a stronger start than this build gives you as Sioux loses in the long run anyway, so you have to get max damage in early to stand a chance.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Pls no hunting card on RE
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

Yeah hunting cards on RE patch isn't worth it at all. You'd be better off with infantry move speed or something
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
No Flag pl0xmaster
Crossbow

Post by pl0xmaster »

How hard are sioux in treaty? How can the axe riders get 1200hp and 390 attack?
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

ocemilky wrote:Yeah hunting cards on RE patch isn't worth it at all.

Actually hunting card (Great Hunter only) can be optional for Sioux on RE patch. Sioux boom is so weak a 20% boost to hunting early in the game can help them a lot. Ofc the card is only viable when you have a decent amount of hunts. If you lack hunts however, sioux might consider sending 15 bison or TEAM 6 bison. If Sioux would have to go farms early it would hurt them so badly. I know these cards wont have any benefits after their boom, but the higher scoore it give you can be worth it. Especially since there is no better cards you have to put out to fit Great Hunter/Bison in your deck.

ocemilky wrote:You'd be better off with infantry move speed or something

Ye, Wind Runner is a good card for your deck on RE patch. On Treaty Patch it is however a NECESSARY card. There it both increase inf move speed by 10%, but also reduce their train time by 10%.

pl0xmaster wrote:How hard are sioux in treaty?

On RE Patch they are without a doubt the weakest civ in treaty but also not that hard to play. Their boom is moderate difficulty and their fight is just spam wakina, keep rebuilding tepees and micro your War Chief. You might also want to make some Rifle Riders and Axe Riders. But you are highly dependent on your teammate for siege suport and for help with walling. So although playing as Sioux might not be that hard, it can be hard to play with Sioux since you have to help your Sioux mate so much. Also, even if you play your Sioux good, you might lose to someone playing much worse but with another civ, just because of how bad Sioux are in treaty.

On Treaty Patch they are stronger (still one of the weaker civs), but also harder to play on their highest lvl. The boom is the same as on RE, but on patch Sioux has walls and a siege unit (Cetan Bow). So you have to wall yourself and siege yourself if you want to play them on their highest lvl. Destroying walls with Cetans can be quite annoying and hard to do perfectly, so that certainly add to the increased skill lvl it takes to play the civ good.

pl0xmaster wrote:How can the axe riders get 1200hp and 390 attack?

Tepees give your units a HP and attack boost when in their aura (after you sent Nomadic Expansion and Friendly Territory). So if your axe riders are within the aura from enough tepees it can get 1200hp and 390 attack. In perfect conditions Axe Riders can reach 4372HP and 758 attack (all homecity cards sent, within reach from all tepees + War Cheif and 25 vills on firepit performing War Dance). This is however purely teoretical since your units will never be within the reach of all your tepees in a real game, and especially not axe riders who will move up to the enemy's front line to do hand damage.
India The Lost Elixir
Crossbow

Post by The Lost Elixir »

briowl wrote:I don't know what the point of having stealth for your WC is?

It is important. Suppose your army is battling out with tepees surrounded, but still your enemy has a chance to destroy tepees easily with artillery, particluarly with mortar. You can't directly send warchief to attack enemy's artillery. They can pinpoint him and kill him easily. So you need stealth to slip through the army to artillery.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

The Lost Elixir wrote:

It is important. Suppose your army is battling out with tepees surrounded, but still your enemy has a chance to destroy tepees easily with artillery, particluarly with mortar. You can't directly send warchief to attack enemy's artillery. They can pinpoint him and kill him easily. So you need stealth to slip through the army to artillery.

And what if the other player uses the explorer in fight (like any decent player would)? :hmm:
India The Lost Elixir
Crossbow

Lukas_L99 wrote:
The Lost Elixir wrote:

And what if the other player uses the explorer in fight (like any decent player would)? :hmm:

Of course! The disadvantage of stealth is explorers/spies can easily reveal them!! If not stealth would be OP!!! So you need to focus fire on him before he comes close. But enemy will have good first shot on you!! So I can't exaclty say what to do in theory. It depends on the situation.

P.S : I'm new to ESO community(but not newbie at game, I've won quite a number of games in game ranger, so atleast I think I'm slightly above average :biggrin: :P ) . What does the things below your names like crossbow/dragoon or howdah mean? Can you change them?
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

The Lost Elixir wrote:Of course! The disadvantage of stealth is explorers/spies can easily reveal them!! If not stealth would be OP!!! So you need to focus fire on him before he comes close. But enemy will have good first shot on you!! So I can't exaclty say what to do in theory. It depends on the situation.

P.S : I'm new to ESO community(but not newbie at game, I've won quite a number of games in game ranger, so atleast I think I'm slightly above average :biggrin: :P ) . What does the things below your names like crossbow/dragoon or howdah mean? Can you change them?

Stealth isn't that useful to be honest, most people will wall a LOT vs sioux and put their artillery behind the walls so you can't reach them with your war chief and the stealth will be useless vs explorers/explorer's dogs.

That name is depending on your number of posts I believe, so just spam a lot like some people are doing it here and you'll get another rank :>
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

How about that card that allows you to spawn cows to your farm? And also card to fatten them faster? wouldnt that be OP cards for sioux?
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

iwillspankyou wrote:How about that card that allows you to spawn cows to your farm? And also card to fatten them faster? wouldnt that be OP cards for sioux?

On RE I've always used cows with sioux (in the 5 games I played them), but they don't have a card that lets them fatten 25% faster like almost any other civ (I think any other civ that can use livestock?)
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Yeah u r right @Lukas_L99 - sioux have to get that upgrade from farm!
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
India The Lost Elixir
Crossbow

On RE I've always used cows with sioux (in the 5 games I played them), but they don't have a card that lets them fatten 25% faster like almost any other civ (I think any other civ that can use livestock?)

Ah! If only Sioux had fulling mills card(+300% gathering from herded animals)!!!

But!! Sioux will become too OP then.
India The Lost Elixir
Crossbow

I don't know what the point of having stealth for your WC is?

Besides, you should ask this question. Whats the point of having infinite axeriders card??

You can create them a hell lot faster in stables. And wakinas(or cetans or clubs) can build stables or warhuts with aggressive policy card.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

The Lost Elixir wrote:Besides, you should ask this question. Whats the point of having infinite axeriders card??

You can create them a hell lot faster in stables. And wakinas(or cetans or clubs) can build stables or warhuts with aggressive policy card.

You get 1200 resources for free, that's helpful with the weak Sioux economy.
India The Lost Elixir
Crossbow

Lukas_L99 wrote:
The Lost Elixir wrote:Besides, you should ask this question. Whats the point of having infinite axeriders card??

Its economy is not that weak! But yeah, wood cannot last more than 1 hr 15 min or 1 hr 30 min, if you're spamming cetans in maps where you have seminole natives.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

The Lost Elixir wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

Its economy is not that weak! But yeah, wood cannot last more than 1 hr 15 min or 1 hr 30 min, if you're spamming cetans in maps where you have seminole natives.

Its the worst eco out of all civs, especially if you need 25 vills on the fire pit
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

With 10 teepees and attack dance cetans have like 150+ attack and 34 range, as well as double the rof of wakinas. Is camping with cetans and some rifle riders or axe riders for anti-art a good strategy? It seems like if you got a nice choke going it would be impossible for them to attack you head on.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

I dont think that cetan bows can get up to 150 attack, since their base damage was significantly nerfed, in order to make them a siege only unit.
Also bowriders are better in almost any situation than rifle riders besides vs split pushs.
r]
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:How about that card that allows you to spawn cows to your farm? And also card to fatten them faster? wouldnt that be OP cards for sioux?

livestock
how do you use and when do you make cows for them? like the other cow/buf civs by making them right away and using them early as part of your boom or after 5th age? Do you just make cows? Do you eat them as soon as you get them for Sioux or leave only some villagers on them?
-very interested :mrgreen: :uglylol: :biggrin: :geek:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01

Post by Lukas_L99 »

agentyoyo wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:

livestock
how do you use and when do you make cows for them? like the other cow/buf civs by making them right away and using them early as part of your boom or after 5th age? Do you just make cows? Do you eat them as soon as you get them for Sioux or leave only some villagers on them?
-very interested :mrgreen: :uglylol: :biggrin: :geek:

I added them after the 5th age and just ate them as soon as possible.
No Flag agentyoyo
Skirmisher

Post by agentyoyo »

I added them after the 5th age and just ate them as soon as possible.[/quote]

ok, thanks