Poll: would you like to see the urumi in the next patch?

Would you like to see the URUMI card train time shortened in the next patch?

Yes, it is a unique unit that give india a dynamic counter
34%
Yes, it would make no difference to me
6%
No, It is not needed because they have other multiple shipments
34%
No, I do not want to have to fight against indias powerful urumi
13%
Not Sure, but its worth a chance.
6%
Change all infinite unit (non mercenary) train times faster
6%

Total votes: 32

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Poll: would you like to see the urumi in the next patch?

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I propose changing the urumi card delivery time faster so that it trains at the same speed as infantry, this way using the card is a matter of choice and not having to trade off too long of a wait time under popping india when it already has trouble staying at pop?

I Think all infinite unit cards (non mercenary) should have this applied to it as well. Some civs have 10 musket cards but it trains so much slower than the civs do that it under pops those civs greatly for a small eco save. This way those cards become much more viable.

I also think Ottos should get an infinite 3 spahi card because the unit is awesome and deserves a place in the game.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Re: Poll: would you like to see the urumi in the next patch?

Post by dicktator_ »

I agree with Tanner here. Urumi are a unique unit to India so I can see why you want it so badly but India already has a ton of unique units (chaks tigers war eles eles in general...)

Spahi would be cool to see but we already gave Otto bombards.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Op. You made a poll with 6 choices in which 5 are in favour of urumis.
r]
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

actually only 4 are, with a brief explanation of each. One is for all non merc units as well, its just batched in.

I don't see why having multiple options is bad. or why giving ottos 2 cards would be bad either. since you have a limit on how many bombards you can have if you have enough you can use spahi.

or why 10 musket cards should take 40 secs to arrive when they train in like 5 secs.

Having a unique civ with unique units and being a strong melee civ is a good thing. good gracious im tired of seeing goon skirms wars in TR.
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:or why 10 musket cards should take 40 secs to arrive when they train in like 5 secs.

Because the 10 musk card is free. If you train them you have to pay ress^^.
Making those cards arrive faster, would just make those cards too strong imo.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

each card an age value. 10 musk are worth 1000 res as an age 4 card, aztec get 1000 coin, india gets 1300 wood, iro get some too. Its just an idea how to make the civs with unit cards better as it does not matter as much how fast the coin cards come compared to unit cards. where it might actually be hurting people unless they are strapped for res and just need to fill pop space any way possible. Remember the card system was not designed for TR game play. where battles are pressured with fast paces and continual waves of troops.

for instance with urumi are worth way more than 750 food, you have to pay for them because they are worth more like 1750 res.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Urumi are in a nice balance position in which they are very viable to be sent, people know they are being sent, and yet they still work quite well. No need to buff them by speeding up the card delivery rate.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

deleted_user wrote:Urumi are in a nice balance position in which they are very viable to be sent, people know they are being sent, and yet they still work quite well. No need to buff them by speeding up the card delivery rate.

*Treaty
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i dont get it, in SUP urumi are pretty much essential late game. In TR they want you to use chakrams.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

What about the option: No, it wouldn't change anything?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

urumi style does change things.
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:each card an age value. 10 musk are worth 1000 res as an age 4 card, aztec get 1000 coin, india gets 1300 wood, iro get some too. Its just an idea how to make the civs with unit cards better as it does not matter as much how fast the coin cards come compared to unit cards. where it might actually be hurting people unless they are strapped for res and just need to fill pop space any way possible. Remember the card system was not designed for TR game play. where battles are pressured with fast paces and continual waves of troops.

for instance with urumi are worth way more than 750 food, you have to pay for them because they are worth more like 1750 res.

Aztec get 800 coin, not 1000. It isn't like the crates go directly into the bank, it still needs to be gathered. The extra ress you get from gathering from 800 ress crate instead of plantation is maybe 700 ress. Also it isn't ment that all civs should have equally strong infinite shipments.
Infinite shipment of musk/halb etc are still good, just send it when you are at 199 pop, then they dont block pop for that long. Most civs with infinite unit shipment doesn't need a buff either and if they do, it isn't the unit shipment that needs to be buffed.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I didnt realize you nerfed the 1000 coin shipment.

even though crates have to be gathered it does not hold up your pop, there are no compromises to using them.
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

I would also like to have camels as a viable strat
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

fast training camels might be an answer too. for the one spammable unit that is not OP. since it would also be hard to find a place for desert terror and the other card
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:actually only 4 are, with a brief explanation of each. One is for all non merc units as well, its just batched in.

So you admit you favoured the poll to your view lol. Why not have a yes/no poll and unsures can post in here or read this thread to form their own judgement?

howlingwolfpaw wrote:or why 10 musket cards should take 40 secs to arrive when they train in like 5 secs.

Here's the thing. You don't seem to understand the value of infinite unit shipments. Yet you're trying to convince us buff an infinite military shipment. It just makes all your previous points look weaker than they are. The shipment is already there, if Urumi are so good, just use them if you want. But the fact they cost pop makes Chakram more viable

You say urumi would change the play style of India. It won't, As Gich has said many times, they will be even better in already good MUs, but no different in the MUs they struggle in. To me, that's not a healthy change. They are a very odd unit that needs to get close to do range damage but have ranged resist. They won't last long vs cav. What kind of compositions make cav? Musk/HI compositions.

There actually isn't that much strategic depth to buffing Urumi. From your posts it just seems that you want urumi to be buffed just because you like them, as opposed to having civ and game balance in mind. There is no shame in that by the way, but just know that you haven't convinced us the changes are necessary.
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

deleted_user wrote:Urumi are in a nice balance position in which they are very viable to be sent, people know they are being sent, and yet they still work quite well. No need to buff them by speeding up the card delivery rate.
Are you mad!? Urumi must be kept out of the game. Go back to Supremacy!
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i offer better ideas than what I have seen and your theories on urumi are proven untrue to me in combat. They are very effective and allow india to push forward.

remember the game was designed for SUP in mind, not fast paced battles of unit pressure. so I think for that the faster times are a good change.

as or the poll I put all the reasons I could think of for support or not support. there really are more good reasons to do it than not. and 2 o the options are kind of neutral so it was actually pretty even.

and since india struggles vs high pop civs they need units that can deal out damage to multiple units like the urumi can.

and yes I like urumi. others do too im sure. what are your motives for not wanting it for real? do you not like urumi?
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

Your poll literally has no option for "no this is a bad balance position". Seeing this makes it pretty clear what logic gates you're used to navigating. Makes much more sense now why you're a 9/11 conspiracy theorist lol
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

it would be petty hard to make the case of it being bad for balance. No one has yet people just keep saying its redundant, but urumi are great units. they help india deal with masses of troops much faster than chakrams. just few use them because of the time it takes for card to arrive.

your an idiot if you dont see through the 9/11 sham, but thats a topic for another thread if you want to open one up thats fine. tag me.
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

It's not up to you to decide what opinions others should have when making a poll lmfao

Continued cognitive dissonance.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth. it just hadnt occurred to me as an option for a poll. if people feel it wont help with balance then they can post here and explain why, and what they would recommend instead. I see a lot of complaining about urumi but not a whole lot of suggestions.
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

The point of a poll is to cover all possible responses. Not thinking "no this is just a bad or unnecessary change" isn't a potential response is a result of a warped sense of basic logic lol
Lancer

Post by lesllamas »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth. it just hadnt occurred to me as an option for a poll. if people feel it wont help with balance then they can post here and explain why, and what they would recommend instead. I see a lot of complaining about urumi but not a whole lot of suggestions.

Do you even know what cognitive dissonance means lol
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

so far in other threads that has been the main reason for not changing train time for urumi, that with chakrams hey are not needed. So "I disagreed with their logic, and then agree with yours by default.

I wonder if you even know what it means?
it is the refusal to accept reality of facts because it is too painful to accept the truth.