Tip off: To dispel a myth about India's gorshaks

No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Tip off: To dispel a myth about India's gorshaks

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

There is a rumor many india players tell me that the card "Gorshaks" is broken. This card puts cow cost to 100 and also supposedly increases XP gather rates. Some have said this is only true for off field herdables or does not give more XP at all. After doing some extensive testing I have found this to be true and false. it is a matter of timing. I do not know why but if you send the card before the tech at the field is researched then the combined effect is no more than what the tech provides. BUT if you build a field first, then research the tech, then send the card it actually increases your XP gather rate by 1 sec (as does the tech) so the final XP gather rate is about 25 every 6 seconds. (per 10 cows on field) netting 500XP per min (for all 20 cows) vs only about 425XP without the card.

75 per min may not seem like a lot but its like an extra card out by end of TR. It may or may not be worth it to some, but the cheaper 500 food saved also helps make age up faster to achieve this so has stacking qualities that can't easily assessed.

I have observed any additional cows give about 5 XP every 30 sec but I have not tested with the various iterations of card/ no card/ tech/ no tech.

How to use this card in TR (also see other TR guides)
After you send mogul architecture to begin to age 3, and are now on port consulate. in transition build a field I usually have about 10-12 on wood( for TCs and fields), 5 on coin and rest on food and training back to coin. I research the tech, then age up and soon after get the gorshaks card. I then build the next field and train my 20 cows. Get my wood chop upgrade (the reason I put more to coin) then my cards start coming quickly after that. and collect to get coin/ food for age ups.

Making sheep age 3 delays the final age up by about a minute, but gets your vills out faster, economic techs out faster and end up about 2 cards ahead pre-end of TR.
Great Britain Panmaster
Skirmisher

Re: Tip off: To dispel a myth about India's gorshaks

Post by Panmaster »

Conventional treaty theory has always been that the "goraka-shaka" card as I call it is a wasted card.
It generates enough XP to send one more card which is the same as not sending it at all.
TAD AI Reference Guide
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:75 per min may not seem like a lot but its like an extra card out by end of TR. It may or may not be worth it to some, but the cheaper 500 food saved also helps make age up faster to achieve this so has stacking qualities that can't easily assessed.

Well if you are trading a shipment for 500f and a shipment, surely you are effectively valuing a space in your deck at 500f?
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

this is true, but it has stacking value that everything arrives faster, age up faster etc... that move your whole graph curve up a notch.

because if you don't use it and are fast you end up down 2 cards, and slower vill out put.

if you don't use it but make cows age 3, age late having to gather 500 more food, and card output comes slower.

it may not be the best card but I wanted to explain how it can be used and also dispell myth that it does not help XP rates at all.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I don't see how the (very slight) eco boost this would give would be worth skipping on an upgrade card.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

After really doing the math I may take this out and see how much I notice it or not as a stream line boom.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Jap have a card that lets you get ~1200xp/min which is like 15 times more than the 75xp/min extra that this card gives you(although you lose the shrine income). Even that card is never viable.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

yeah but japs have a different mechanic. india needs lots of XP for wood shipments whereas japan has the shrines. Japan can then afford to wait to get all the cards. they also don't get free vills with shipments so are not as buffed up from early shipments

Like I said though I am gonna try to do without this card for a bit. And add 8 war ele, buff up castles (for fun) or add wood cutting card.