Whats the community consensus on click macros?

United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Whats the community consensus on click macros?

Post by sc »

To my knowlege there isnt a rule against macros, and i dont recall ever getting a clear answer on this topic.

I'm specifically interested in programming a maco for sending resources to team mates instantly. When you are team furtrading in 3v3 & 4v4 games, its a huge bitch sending 200k+ res.

There is a clear advantage to having the macro... instant resource gifting means less intensive APM before the fight, and theres no risk of being unprepared. also you can trade later.

honestly if macros are allowed you would be an idiot not to use it when team trading.

soooooo... whats the consensus?
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: Whats the community consensus on click macros?

Post by zoom »

An unfair advantage, definitely. This is the sort of thing EP should be featuring.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Just use stuff which is already implemented in the game. /thread
r]
United States of America sc
Dragoon
ESO: _ZOMBIE_

Post by sc »

Gichtenlord wrote:Just use stuff which is already implemented in the game. /thread

one could argue it already is in the game (shift clicking = 500 res per click), and the need to gift more then 500 res at a time just wasnt forseen by game devs.

one could argue that spending 2 min clicking to gift res isnt a necessary skill to have to play the game.

one could argue that having a resource gifting macro is the same kind of quality of life mod as say a custom UI or building rotator.

Im not really in favor of the maceo one way or another. just looking to see where the community stands on it so i know whether to use it or not.

Would be nice to see it in the fanpatch so everyones on even ground and APM can be spent on things that actually matter and require skill.
VIRTZN and CM1993 are my friends and they never cheat. everyone should add them. kappa
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

You can use the builtin Windows mousekeys feature to effectively create a doubleclick macro on a certain key. This one seems pretty hard to argue against, unless you wanna ban the Windows operating system from usage.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

An autoclicker for sending resources is one of the only macro's I can think of that I think is fair. There is no skill in clicking for 2 minutes when you are waiting anyways.

It also adds to the idea of treaty. The macro would save you 2 more minutes you can spend on waiting, instead of clicking.
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

sc wrote:
Gichtenlord wrote:Just use stuff which is already implemented in the game. /thread

one could argue it already is in the game (shift clicking = 500 res per click), and the need to gift more then 500 res at a time just wasnt forseen by game devs.

one could argue that spending 2 min clicking to gift res isnt a necessary skill to have to play the game.
Ye, clicking on same button for 2 min isn't a skill, but not needing to do that is an unfair advantage.

one could argue that having a resource gifting macro is the same kind of quality of life mod as say a custom UI or building rotator.
Agree on this one

Im not really in favor of the maceo one way or another. just looking to see where the community stands on it so i know whether to use it or not.
I don't think most people would care much if you used this specific macro, but you asked about macro in general and then about this trade macro specificly. I believe most people are against macros over all but can agree that a certain few can be acceptable for casual play (or at least that the advantagees those certain few give are so small that it isn't worth arguing about).

Would be nice to see it in the fanpatch so everyones on even ground and APM can be spent on things that actually matter and require skill.
If you are talking about treaty patch there is an unwritten rule that team trading isn't allowed on it
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

The difference between instantly being able to send 10k to a teammate and having to click up to it (~2-3 seconds off of the fight) is pretty big, so I could see it being unfair. Of course, NR55s, where with a big trade you'll have to send literally hundreds of thousands of resources to teammates, are a whole different ballgame. My opinion on this is the same as on most other ui mods or macros. I don't really care if people use it in normal games but in tournaments it should be banned. If the treaty patch could somehow add a tribute res hotkey or something that would be cool though.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Cheat, no matter the use of the macro. One click one action.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

edeholland wrote:An autoclicker for sending resources is one of the only macro's I can think of that I think is fair. There is no skill in clicking for 2 minutes when you are waiting anyways.

It also adds to the idea of treaty. The macro would save you 2 more minutes you can spend on waiting, instead of clicking.
It's as fair as spawning monster-trucks, unless your opponent can, too.
Austria Foire421
Skirmisher
ESO: foire421

Post by Foire421 »

shouldnt use that. If your team mate scews up and needs help u should need to spend that 10 secs feeding. for team trades same thing. if you want to use it u will need to do the clicking imo.
New Zealand ocemilky
Dragoon
ESO: Motch | Milky__

Post by ocemilky »

In general, I think it's unfair if one player is able to use a macro/mod from outside the game and the other isn't, simply because they haven't looked into it. It would be great if this was integrated somehow, which I would be in favour of if at all possible.

Also, in general, team trading is considered lame. I'm still unsure how I feel about it, as a civ like brit can save like 5 cards and get a better eco from team fur trading, which could be over powering. in a mirror when the other brit just doesn't have a fur trade on the team. In saying that, I think if you want a fair mirror, do 1v1s not team games. As I said, I'm still unsure. I guess it makes sense for it to be alg in team games, as it's literally a team game and there's a certain, even if shallow, strategy in civ building a team.
sergyou wrote:i won't even bother reply to ur posts anymore and id like u to the same and not quote me
howlingwolfpaw wrote:cognitive dissonance is what people suffer from when refusing to look at 9/11 truth.
Sweden martinspjuth
Dragoon
ESO: martinspjuth

Post by martinspjuth »

ocemilky wrote:In general, I think it's unfair if one player is able to use a macro/mod from outside the game and the other isn't, simply because they haven't looked into it. It would be great if this was integrated somehow, which I would be in favour of if at all possible.

Also, in general, team trading is considered lame. I'm still unsure how I feel about it, as a civ like brit can save like 5 cards and get a better eco from team fur trading, which could be over powering. in a mirror when the other brit just doesn't have a fur trade on the team. In saying that, I think if you want a fair mirror, do 1v1s not team games. As I said, I'm still unsure. I guess it makes sense for it to be alg in team games, as it's literally a team game and there's a certain, even if shallow, strategy in civ building a team.

The way i see it team trading would just make the balancing much harder. Britt/ger with france is for example an OP combo if team trade is allowed. You removed the team card feature in the patch to avoid overpowered civ combos. For the same reason there is no need to include a feature in the patch that makes team trading even easier. Neither should it be made easier to feed your teammates. It should cost you a few sec to send ress.

I do agree that you should just play 1v1 if you want a fair mirror. In team games you should expect to get help with units/ress from your mates. But something as OP team trade is just too good, it gives a huge advantage already before the fight has started and only cost the player that did the trade a few sec when he has to send the ress.