Whats wrong with you guys ...

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Whats wrong with you guys ...

Post by sergyou »

So me and NekoBerk just played a bo5 on stream and after playing, i took a a look on the twich chat and the amount of trashtalk i saw is just unbelivable .Not a single positive comment ....me and nekoberk aren't any pros u never heard of me or him saying that we were even good at the game.

we play this game ocasioanlly we don't put 1/4 of the time u "pros" put on the game.
we never said we were good at the game , we just enjoy playing it. I guess trashtalking allows u to get ur frustrations out , but theres other places to do that

bunch of kids.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Re: Whats wrong with you guys ...

Post by Jaeger »

Not trashtalking or anything, but didn't you put as much time as the "pros" do into treaty?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

ovi12 wrote:Not trashtalking or anything, but didn't you put as much time as the "pros" do into treaty?

no. lol
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

I get it is probably annoying to see that and we should probably work towards decreasing that trash talk, but also understand anytime you're in front of a crowd people will always criticize regardless of the situation. Lions don't concern themselves with the opinion's of sheep
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

well yeah welcome to playing on stream
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

sergyou wrote:after playing, i took a a look on the twich chat

There's your problem.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

dicktator_ wrote:

There's your problem.

my problem ? if people had a litle bit of education , and respect that should not be a problem . one thing is pointing out mistakes other is bashing/ trashtalking.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Even the best players in the game get torn apart by twitch chats lol. Go watch pro csgo, sc2, lol, dota and its all the same. If you play with an audience youre gonna be criticized no matter who you are. It's just up to you whether or not you care. Ironic that you're calling everyone childish when you're the one making a post whining about it lol.....
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

gibson wrote:Even the best players in the game get torn apart by twitch chats lol. Go watch pro csgo, sc2, lol, dota and its all the same. If you play with an audience youre gonna be criticized no matter who you are. It's just up to you whether or not you care. Ironic that you're calling everyone childish when you're the one making a post whining about it lol.....

yeah because it's not normal , doesn't get into my head how 18+ people can be so dumb to the point where they are having fun saying shit on a chat.

ur comparing 150k+ ish people to 55 makes alot of sense doesn't it. Making a post about something that bothers me with respect is not childish at all... ur a bit confused on what is and isn't childish.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's pretty normal, actually.

Y'all aren't humans; you're players, veiled behind anonymity on either side. Spectators are going to criticize heavily especially when they themselves believe they could (and many times they are able to) play the given scenario in a better way. You see it every time a PR 35+ player joins a stream. It could almost be one of those internet laws by now. Hell, I do this watching better player's streams too. We are all, as spectators, superior versions of our playing selves simply by removing the trivial, redundant, and abundant apm strokes that require a non-trivial amount of focus and concentration freeing ourselves to think clearly and with the luxury of full knowledge about the game: each players' resources, economies, infrastructure, etc.

Add to this a (relatively) lower PR than most viewers are familiar with seeing in a casted game, a classic throw by the once-very-ahead player, and aoe players' egos and you have yourself suddenly a brewing, now boiling, concoction brimming and bursting with harsh criticisms that borderline harassment.

It's just going to happen. Whether it should happen is almost a non-argument: it simply will. I would exercise caution taking remarks from the internet personally as it is an inherently impersonal environment.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

deleted_user wrote:it's pretty normal, actually

*shouldn't be :)
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

sergyou wrote:
dicktator_ wrote:

There's your problem.

my problem ? if people had a litle bit of education , and respect that should not be a problem . one thing is pointing out mistakes other is bashing/ trashtalking.

Yeah I actually agree with you. The amount of trash talk in twitch chats lately is kinda annoying. Like people get legitimately angry if they watch a stream and see the players playing badly. There were a ton of mistakes in that last game (like a fuck ton) but it was also very close and for me it was a more or less enjoyable watch. It's just how aoe3 twitch chats are though and it's unlikely to change anytime soon however so I would just avoid reading the chat if that kind of thing annoys you (which is the point I was trying to make in my first post).
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

dicktator_ wrote:
sergyou wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yeah I actually agree with you. The amount of trash talk in twitch chats lately is kinda annoying. Like people get legitimately angry if they watch a stream and see the players playing badly. There were a ton of mistakes in that last game (like a fuck ton) but it was also very close and for me it was a more or less enjoyable watch. It's just how aoe3 twitch chats are though and it's unlikely to change anytime soon however so I would just avoid reading the chat if that kind of thing annoys you (which is the point I was trying to make in my first post).

i agree we made a ton of mistakes especially in this last game , but u learn from the mistakes . i read the chat because i wanted to see if there were any coments about bad decisions made by me etc , but it was just a bash fest .
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

Welcome to the internet and especially to the AOE3 community/
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

sergyou wrote:
gibson wrote:Even the best players in the game get torn apart by twitch chats lol. Go watch pro csgo, sc2, lol, dota and its all the same. If you play with an audience youre gonna be criticized no matter who you are. It's just up to you whether or not you care. Ironic that you're calling everyone childish when you're the one making a post whining about it lol.....

yeah because it's not normal , doesn't get into my head how 18+ people can be so dumb to the point where they are having fun saying shit on a chat.

ur comparing 150k+ ish people to 55 makes alot of sense doesn't it. Making a post about something that bothers me with respect is not childish at all... ur a bit confused on what is and isn't childish.
you're confusing normal with constructive/good/appropriate. It is very normal for people to bash each other on the internet, however that doesn't mean its good/constructive or appropriate. The numbers aren't relevant lol. People are gonna tear each other down regardless, it's human nature. If you don't want to be criticized than get off the internet, or do what literally every single other person who's played on stream and been criticized does and get over it. It's not personal lol. No ones criticizing the way you dress or the way you look or the way you act. People are literally criticizing the amount of clicks you're making and the position of your cursor when you make those clicks. I'm not saying its good, but it is normal and if you're so fucking petty you can't deal with it than stop playing on stream, cause I'll tell you right now making a post whining about it is more likely to make people do it more than make them stop.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Having been in the stream, I agree there were a lot of people saying negative things, however at the end of the set there was a lot of people also saying how exciting the games were and how much they enjoyed watching them. I think that like people above have said you've just got to ignore the negatives that come with playing in front of people on the internet and recognise the positives. Also generally speaking, if someone is actively watching the stream, and isn't criticising then they are probably enjoying the games. Don't let a vocal minority ruin a good thing
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Also note that for a lot of players, discussing the game and what the two players are doing right and wrong and what they could do better is fun in and of itself. While you are correct in that there was a good deal of negativity, I feel you may have overlooked some positive aspects. New players were asking questions and getting answers, mid level players just underneath your PR were gaining a bit of insight on what to do and what not to do, and most importantly - a community was enjoying a lovely series between two great people who might not have the opportunity to be casted in front of that size of an audience.

Soak in everything friend, and sometimes, read a little bit more that is in between the lines.
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

One last thing to add. It's very hard not to come across negative on the internet when pointing out mistakes or discussing errors or decisions. Without facial expressions, body language, voice inflexions, it can be difficult to distinguish meaning, as a result people can be misread and are not intentionally being negative but simply come across that way.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

If you are on the internet and you've never been insulted or flamed then you've never interacted on the internet before. If you take it personally then you're an idiot (see what I did there) lol, to me and everyone else you're just another character on the internet
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Yesh, it was mentioned earlier that one has a clearer head when observing the action of the game, when one is not making the clicks and such themselves. As an observer one has so much more knowledge of what's going on. One will think a player is dumb for a decision or whatever. Then what one might do is express how dumb they think a player is for making those choices using the good ol' chat. While it's a great thing for them to say, the players might get insulted. Try to resist being insulted by it and use it as fuel to better yourself as a player. If you feel the urge to respond to one, pm them this message "let me tell you how I feel: fuck yew".
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Isn't it great how "you, ewe, and yew" are all of such similar pronunciations that we can substitute them in our sentences and feign our original, whole-hearted intentions?
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

sergyou wrote:So me and NekoBerk just played a bo5 on stream and after playing, i took a a look on the twich chat and the amount of trashtalk i saw is just unbelivable .Not a single positive comment ....me and nekoberk aren't any pros u never heard of me or him saying that we were even good at the game.

we play this game ocasioanlly we don't put 1/4 of the time u "pros" put on the game.
we never said we were good at the game , we just enjoy playing it. I guess trashtalking allows u to get ur frustrations out , but theres other places to do that

bunch of kids.
That's why mods exist in first place
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

trashtalking "pros" I rarely see any pros trastalking so don't generalize. It's mostly the random noobs I don't even know who comes with negative arguements.

But yeah, I suggest to not give a single fuck about any others than you and your mates in aoe : )

And there aren't like any super active "pro" currently, maybe diarouga, not many brigs play this game in daily basis.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

princeofkabul wrote:trashtalking "pros" I rarely see any pros trastalking so don't generalize. It's mostly the random noobs I don't even know who comes with negative arguements.

But yeah, I suggest to not give a single fuck about any others than you and your mates in aoe : )

And there aren't like any super active "pro" currently, maybe diarouga, not many brigs play this game in daily basis.

When I said "pros" I meant the guys on stream that think are very good but they really not :)
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I watched all the matches, very entertaining.

Don't mind the Twitch warriors :)
[Sith] - Baphomet