Gun Control

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Re: Gun Control

Post by vardar »

It honestly just breaks down to a concept that has been engraved into Americans since day one, something that will never change. If one day a proposal does work its way through legislation --banning all guns-- there will be many new problems in America. Many Americans believe in taking care of yourself and loved ones, this meaning relying on protecting yourself using your own methods and not counting on others for protection via 911 or whatever else.

Even if you never have to use guns for protection (which many do not), it is the sense of security knowing if someone wants to harm you...you can fight back because it is your choice. This is built into many Americans (thankfully) and will not be taken away any time soon (thankfully).

The world will never be perfect or even close to perfect and you cannot try to make it just that. So, do not try to dictate how others want to protect themselves and simply...what others want to buy (to an extent, I must note ;) )

I do not buy into the collective mindset because it does not work as long as human nature is involved. It sounds good on paper or in one's imagination, but it will never work in reality. I am responsible for myself. This doesn't mean I hate everyone else and do not try to twist it into:

"Vardar hates everyone and wants to shoot everyone with his .50 mounted machine gun from his rooftop because he can do whatever the hell he wants with his guns and if you disagree with him you will get 20 gunshots to the head from his dual-wield pistols he keeps on his belt-buckle and he will also shoot you on sight if you walk up and knock on his door with his 8 gauge tripod mounted over-under shotgun because he is in a deep sexual relationship with his cousin and loves his guns so much that he would skydive from 30,000 feet without a parachute if he had to in order to keep his deadly assault rifles that he keeps loaded by his bed just in case an evil robber wanted to steal everything he owns." Because I know that is what the first response to this will be or at least something very similar.

And Umeu, there is a large difference between rifles or shotguns and nukes...so please do not compare the two or anything of the like :')
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

There really isnt a very large difference. Besides, who are you to tell me what I can and cannot own or compare.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

you can also use a nuke as a sofa. You can compare guns to pencils, i dont mind?

point in case is just simple, if one guy comes to kill you with his measly handgun, and you have a nuke and your loved ones also have nukes to retaliate, hes gonna think twice.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

kami_ryu wrote:
umeu wrote:you can also use a nuke as a sofa. You can compare guns to pencils, i dont mind?

You don't mind maybe but I think the comparison would contribute pretty much nothing meaningful. :P

Well, then don't bring it up. Nukes are a good comparison, because nukes have greatly diminished the chance of ww3, i've not seen pencils do this. Please refute my argument, national nukes brought peace at international level, personal nukes can bring peace at interpersonal level.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

umeu wrote:
kami_ryu wrote:
umeu wrote:you can also use a nuke as a sofa. You can compare guns to pencils, i dont mind?

You don't mind maybe but I think the comparison would contribute pretty much nothing meaningful. :P

Well, then don't bring it up. Nukes are a good comparison, because nukes have greatly diminished the chance of ww3, i've not seen pencils do this. Please refute my argument, national nukes brought peace at international level, personal nukes can bring peace at interpersonal level.

Nukes will be the reason the world ends :uglylol:
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

And I mean really? Is this what you have to resort to...taking it all the way to comparing nukes with guns. Classic argument, I give A+ although B+ for originality because it seems like many many people resort to outlandish crap like this nowadays and think they are arguing using valid points...such as this.

While we are at it...every household should own their own storage room of Small Pox just in case they need to spread it all around in case of emergencies.

Or, everyone should own their own tank and should be able to shoot it at their neighbor if their leaves keep blowing into yours.
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

no, tanks and smallpox have never brought any form of peace. neither have guns made anything really safer for anyone. so the burden of proof is on you.you are right that nukes cant really be compared with guns. guns are waepons that have caused harm and destruction on a massive scale, in near history alone has been the cause of death for millions of people. the deathtoll of the nuke has been stuck on below 300.000 for almost a century now, but with a much greater effect. Please refute my argument instead of trying to shrug it off a sillyness. I don't do the same with your crazy ideas.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

When comparing a gun ban to bans on other sort of stuff, its all about proportionality. Yes kitchen knives can be used to kill people, but life would be much harder without them. Guns on the other hand don't really serve a purpose beyond simple hobbies (and killing people..).

Also, if we were allowed to have guns then restricting drug usages seems very strange to me.
Lancer

Post by vardar »

umeu wrote:no, tanks and smallpox have never brought any form of peace. neither have guns made anything really safer for anyone. so the burden of proof is on you.you are right that nukes cant really be compared with guns. guns are waepons that have caused harm and destruction on a massive scale, in near history alone has been the cause of death for millions of people. the deathtoll of the nuke has been stuck on below 300.000 for almost a century now, but with a much greater effect. Please refute my argument instead of trying to shrug it off a sillyness. I don't do the same with your crazy ideas.

Tanks have been used ever since WW1, they have played a large role in many wars.

I swear you live in a bubble where nothing bad has ever happened to you...
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Jerom wrote:When comparing a gun ban to bans on other sort of stuff, its all about proportionality. Yes kitchen knives can be used to kill people, but life would be much harder without them. Guns on the other hand don't really serve a purpose beyond simple hobbies (and killing people..).

Also, if we were allowed to have guns then restricting drug usages seems very strange to me.

I agree drugs should be legal...just like guns :chinese:

I explained why Americans want their guns and keeping them out of the hands of good people will not keep them out of the hands of bad people...just like the huge drug problem we have in the US. Guns serve a purpose and you live on the other side of the Atlantic....things are different here whether you agree or not.

Proper screening and such, I agree with. But you cannot outlaw guns, it is the same in Switzerland with ofc differences, but still the same concept.
c0ns!
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

so we should legalize cocaine and heroine?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

vardar wrote:
umeu wrote:no, tanks and smallpox have never brought any form of peace. neither have guns made anything really safer for anyone. so the burden of proof is on you.you are right that nukes cant really be compared with guns. guns are waepons that have caused harm and destruction on a massive scale, in near history alone has been the cause of death for millions of people. the deathtoll of the nuke has been stuck on below 300.000 for almost a century now, but with a much greater effect. Please refute my argument instead of trying to shrug it off a sillyness. I don't do the same with your crazy ideas.

Tanks have been used ever since WW1, they have played a large role in many wars.

I swear you live in a bubble where nothing bad has ever happened to you...

ye tanks kill people. nukes save lives.

nothing bad has happened to me cuz we live in the most peaceful period on earth. you know why? the answer is nukes.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

solution: more nukes!
Top quality poster.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Jerom wrote:so we should legalize cocaine and heroine?

wait female hero characters are banned?!

TO ARMS

oh wait, we have nukes they are way better
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

I think Americans have an attitude of doing things for themselves rather than have the government do it for them.
But welfare...ugh Americans are strange
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ye they like to lynch.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

Gun control is Fun control!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

Jam wrote:Gun control is Fun control!

Your quote, I love <3
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

milku3459 wrote:I think Americans have an attitude of doing things for themselves rather than have the government do it for them.
But welfare...ugh Americans are strange

Because the government is very slow and always has problems with it. Some will tax the shit out of you as if you cannot handle your own money (which many cannot, ironically) and sometimes, the money the government gets from taxes go to stupid stuff like funding the President's golf trips or it is given to an organization like Planned Parenthood in which practices things you do not even agree with and should not be a government funded organization in the first place (abortion so I do not get labeled an evil women hater). Leave more money in the individuals' hands...that they worked for and should be able to keep.

The governments job is to protect and rarely facilitate but rather, keep the peace if only necessary. Taxes are fine, but not the ridiculous ones many countries have. The whole point of a job is pointless if you get over half of your wages taken because apparently it is "for the greater good." I work, I get payed. I choose how to spend my money.

Lol and someone said "lynch." Like elsewhere in the world knows nothing of the such...clueless.
c0ns!
Lancer

Post by vardar »

It is a pointless battle fighting it...we spend billions of dollars fighting it and yet it still persists. People that want such drugs will get them still...it really is not that hard to get your hands on them. Making them illegal just drives the price up like crazy, giving into the industries whole point.
c0ns!
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I think so

I'm starting to come to the conclusion, and I don't know what this stance is called, for the individual to be able to exercise its sentient consciousness and experience life in its entirety, in its fullest, in all its many facets. And to me this means a liberal sense of liberty: legal access to guns, drugs, etc. Honestly I'm beginning to see the individual as the more pertinent object of focus in discussions as opposed to the group whereas this has not always been the case for me. And note I didn't even have to take any drugs to reach this conclusion!
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

deleted_user wrote:

I think so

I'm starting to come to the conclusion, and I don't know what this stance is called, for the individual to be able to exercise its sentient consciousness and experience life in its entirety, in its fullest, in all its many facets. And to me this means a liberal sense of liberty: legal access to guns, drugs, etc. Honestly I'm beginning to see the individual as the more pertinent object of focus in discussions as opposed to the group whereas this has not always been the case for me. And note I didn't even have to take any drugs to reach this conclusion!

this is called libertarianism
Top quality poster.