England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by Laurence Drake »

Agreed, reuters is full of bias, we should trust CelticCrusader instead.
Top quality poster.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

Laurence Drake wrote:Agreed, reuters is full of bias, we should trust CelticCrusader instead.

Im am not saying you should trust me. More like think for yourself. Use some logic. Can you not see any reason why people want laws made in their own country ? Can you not see europe is in chaos ? Can you not see un accountable the eu is ? Do you like the fact europe is being flooded with islamist terrorist by the eu ?
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

No, I read Reuters so these things are unknown to me.
Top quality poster.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

Typical left wing answer, which has no answers :roll:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

I'm not even left-wing.
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

CelticCrusader wrote:Typical left wing answer, which has no answers :roll:

Your posts had many answers though!
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon

Post by CelticCrusader »

umeu wrote:

Because no one asked me any questions . I posted my opinion with some logical and valid points. Which no one seems to want to answer. Probably because they are very valid points.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

The problem is, we just can't think for ourselves.
Top quality poster.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

CelticCrusader wrote:You really trust the main stream media ? Bloomberg? Reuters? Please.I read the reuters article, same old scaremongering shit. Empty threats from the banskters as usual. And opinion polls are really not reliable. I see scaremongering all the time here in the UK from the British Bullshit Corporation and others. The left and pro eu here have no clue what will happen, they just use any opportunity to blame Brexit. So much fake news comes from the ones who claim to be legit.

Yes, I trust Reuters and Bloomberg, because they provide information to businesses worldwide (both through Bloomberg terminals and Thomson-Reuters terminals), so they cannot afford to be biased to the detriment of their clients. They're not Fox News, The Telegraph or The Guardian.

How is the news about inflation edging higher in the UK a piece of fake news? It's a fact, reported by economists.

The EU needs the UK, they sell lots of stuff to us, so if they make things difficult, it will affect them too. I doubt the German car manufacturers want to alienate their biggest European market. If they do they will be shooting themselves in the foot. Many other businesses in Europe rely on trade with British businesses and vice versa, so its all pretty petty from the EU to be so difficult. They are like a spoilt child who doesn't get their own way and has a tantrum. And it shows their true intentions that they want control .

In 2014 EU total exports represented $2.8 trillion, while the total EU GDP amounted to $18.6 trillion. The UK's share in this pie was 16% of the total EU exports, roughly $448bn. By no means, that's a significant amount of goods that EU countries exported to the UK, but it's 2.85% of the total GDP of all EU countries excluding Britain. That is how much the EU's economy depends on British people continuing to buy goods from the EU.

Here is a more complicated discussion, because price elasticity of demand is different for different categories of products. So, for example, medicine has always been a relatively inelastic good (that is, if prices increase due to extra tariffs imposed, demand for medicine is unlikely to change significantly), whereas cars have always been a relatively elastic good (if prices increase, revenue from selling cars is likely to drop). For this reason, the effect of Brexit on EU exports in Britain is an equation with variables that can change at different rates. On the other hand, there are some products for which a price increase, due to extra custom tariffs, will not affect demand much, such as luxury cars or other luxury goods. An estimation of this is possible, but it's very much outside of the scope of a forum post.
What I think will happen is that EU exports to the UK and UK exports to the EU will largely remain at similar levels for a few years after Brexit will have been finished, because supply chains take time to find alternatives, if demand for a particular good drops due to increased customs charges. So, for a while it will be consumers that will take the hit, either in the price they pay for the same good or in the quantity that they consume.
The EU have zero accountability , they have imposed a political union over countries that never joined for that reason. Th EEC as it was originally called was for free trade, that's what people voted for then. They never asked for our countries sovereignty to be dissolved into a political union. The majority of the generation that voted to be in the EEC voted out of the EU. They are the people who can see the real damage and decline under this imposed bureaucracy.

The EU's power is divided into two: the executive (the Commission and the Council) and the legislative (European parliament). The Parliament is elected directly by EU citizens. The Commission is appointed by the Parliament, just like in any other parliamentary democracy. The council is made up of ministers from the respective governments of each EU country. The so-called president of the Council is appointed by the European Council, where each country is represented by its own head of state. So, at each point where EU power is exercised, it's based on democratic elections.
I think it's hypocritical for Britain to claim they lost more money by being a EU member than they would have gained if they never joined the EU. Firstly, because most of the UK's contributions to the EU budget are returned to the UK budget (66% rebate).
How many times did the UK negotiate a special status in the EU, by asking to be exempt from the application of particular laws or statutes? You were hardly a full member, if we look at how many exemptions you had on enforcing EU laws.
Just look all over the EU and eurozone, how anyone can say its doing well and works is beyond me. Look how many countries are financially in ruin already. It doesn't take a genius to realise the EU is a sinking ship. Europe is the only continent where the economies have been declining , how long can you keep declining until the countries are on their knees ? Oh and not forgetting Merkel letting in all her friends from the middle east and africa. How do you like you aloha snackbars ? Being mowed down on the street? Being stabbed ? Shot ? Bombed ? You left wing follow the narrative yes boys make me laugh, try thinking for yourself instead of regurgitating main stream bullshit. There is a reason most of the worlds media is owned by a few large corporations, they like to drip feed you only what they want you to hear. And censor any facts they disagree with.

I don't know what do you call ruin and how do you quantify that, when most EU states have had >1% GDP growth during the last years.
I agree that Merkel's policy on migration has been a mistake and she will eventually pay for it and the Germans will too. But none of the EU states were forced to accept these migrants and neither was the UK forced to let in a great number of migrants. The only states that were under obligation to do that were border states, because of rules on war refugees agreed on a UN level. For example, Romania refused to take in migrants, but eventually agreed to allow a symbolic number (~2000) to be hosted in refugee centres. Some other countries like Hungary refused to take any migrant at all. So, if Germany accepted more than 1 million refugees from Syria and elsewhere it's because that's what they politically decided to do. But despite Merkel's and Germany's efforts to impose a migrant quota on each EU country, this failed to happen eventually, thanks to strong opposition especially from Eastern European states.

I'm not either left-wing or right-wing or any other wing. And it's funny you say I'm taking my cues from the media, when I build my own arguments based on facts rather than what the media reports. Because your arguments look like the carbon copy of any editorial you could find in The Telegraph or The Daily Express.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

CelticCrusader wrote:
umeu wrote:

Because no one asked me any questions . I posted my opinion with some logical and valid points. Which no one seems to want to answer. Probably because they are very valid points.

Very logical, very valid. Most logical and valid you will ever be.

Maybe people won't address them because they are fake news.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Dolan wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:You really trust the main stream media ? Bloomberg? Reuters? Please.I read the reuters article, same old scaremongering shit. Empty threats from the banskters as usual. And opinion polls are really not reliable. I see scaremongering all the time here in the UK from the British Bullshit Corporation and others. The left and pro eu here have no clue what will happen, they just use any opportunity to blame Brexit. So much fake news comes from the ones who claim to be legit.

Yes, I trust Reuters and Bloomberg, because they provide information to businesses worldwide (both through Bloomberg terminals and Thomson-Reuters terminals), so they cannot afford to be biased to the detriment of their clients. They're not Fox News, The Telegraph or The Guardian.

How is the news about inflation edging higher in the UK a piece of fake news? It's a fact, reported by economists.

Don't you get it? The businesses who use bloomberg and reuters terminals are all just part of the conspiracy! Economists lie about inflation so they can raise taxes and increase their paychecks! Why can't you think for yourself for once, Dolan? Jeez
Top quality poster.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Dolan I bet Bloomberg and Reuters warned about the 2008 crash!
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

The EU needs the UK, they sell lots of stuff to us, so if they make things difficult, it will affect them too. I doubt the German car manufacturers want to alienate their biggest European market. If they do they will be shooting themselves in the foot. Many other businesses in Europe rely on trade with British businesses and vice versa, so its all pretty petty from the EU to be so difficult. They are like a spoilt child who doesn't get their own way and has a tantrum. And it shows their true intentions that they want control . Why is it wrong for a country to make decisions about their country within their own borders ? The EU have zero accountability , they have imposed a political union over countries that never joined for that reason. Th EEC as it was originally called was for free trade, that's what people voted for then. They never asked for our countries sovereignty to be dissolved into a political union. The majority of the generation that voted to be in the EEC voted out of the EU. They are the people who can see the real damage and decline under this imposed bureaucracy.

Just look all over the EU and eurozone, how anyone can say its doing well and works is beyond me. Look how many countries are financially in ruin already. It doesn't take a genius to realise the EU is a sinking ship. Europe is the only continent where the economies have been declining , how long can you keep declining until the countries are on their knees ? Oh and not forgetting Merkel letting in all her friends from the middle east and africa. How do you like you aloha snackbars ? Being mowed down on the street? Being stabbed ? Shot ? Bombed ? You left wing follow the narrative yes boys make me laugh, try thinking for yourself instead of regurgitating main stream bullshit. There is a reason most of the worlds media is owned by a few large corporations, they like to drip feed you only what they want you to hear. And censor any facts they disagree with.

I found myself agreeing with most of your arguments - UNTIL you brought up LEFT or RIGHT politics. IMO this has nothing to do with it. I think it more about autonomy of your countries politics and future.
Myself, Im a lefty, and I dont like EU and the concentration of power. Hell, ppl voting to be in the common marked, did not vote to be in a UNITED EUROPEAN NATION.
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Plenty aren't doing amazing economically. Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece aren't doing as well as the other Euro countries. Countries like Romania and Poland are very different from countries like NL and Germany too.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

Clearly all the Mexicans are crossing the border and stealing your jobs.....oh wait.
mad cuz bad
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

kami_ryu wrote:
Jerom wrote:Plenty aren't doing amazing economically. Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece aren't doing as well as the other Euro countries. Countries like Romania and Poland are very different from countries like NL and Germany too.

recession and ruin aren't the same thing though. you can't always have a prosperous economy

i blame immigrants though

The recession should be over. The fact of the matter is that those countries are structurally doing poorly. If we would go into another recession like the last one right now, countries like the Netherlands and Germany would survive that. Greece would go bankrupt.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

kami_ryu wrote:Which European countries are in ruin? Aren't there like 2 who have bad debt/unemployment problems?

EU sounds like a good thing to me. If EU goes, then Euros get more eco. If they get more eco, we Amerifats get more eco. Everyone has more eco. Sounds good?

take a good look in the mirror - good at game - noob at politics :huh:
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Jerom wrote:Plenty aren't doing amazing economically. Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece aren't doing as well as the other Euro countries. Countries like Romania and Poland are very different from countries like NL and Germany too.

Well yeah, but there's a reason why Eastern states are less developed. We had been getting jan abus rushes from Ottos for centuries, while you guys were chilling in your base, building banks...
Then after Ottos stopped, Russia shipped 5 cossacks, made 5 musks and they were in our base before we could build a rax.

So that's why we couldn't get much eco.
Panama Mad_Hound
Musketeer
ESO: GenGrevious23

Post by Mad_Hound »

Brexit. Sweet, sweet Brexit. Now time to clean up the Sharia enforced subcommunities in the UK.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Dolan wrote:

Well yeah, but there's a reason why Eastern states are less developed. We had been getting jan abus rushes from Ottos for centuries, while you guys were chilling in your base, building banks...
Then after Ottos stopped, Russia shipped 5 cossacks, made 5 musks and they were in our base before we could build a rax.

So that's why we couldn't get much eco.

Haha yeah its shitty. Its just.. The differences are so big for what europe tries to be, and the feeling of being a european is so underdeveloped.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, I think we Eastern states should make our own Union, tbh. Considering how much potential for growth we have, I mean Romania has the highest GDP growth in Europe. By comparison, in the West everything has been tried, mass-produced, solved.

If I give you some vegetables to taste, I guarantee you vegetables from Eastern Europe will have a great taste. Whereas the perfectly produced, high-tech veggies made in the Netherlands will taste like cardboard. Can't explain that. It's like technology has taken out any trace of taste from Dutch products, tbh.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Dolan wrote:Yeah, I think we Eastern states should make our own Union, tbh. Considering how much potential for growth we have, I mean Romania has the highest GDP growth in Europe. By comparison, in the West everything has been tried, mass-produced, solved.

If I give you some vegetables to taste, I guarantee you vegetables from Eastern Europe will have a great taste. Whereas the perfectly produced, high-tech veggies made in the Netherlands will taste like cardboard. Can't explain that. It's like technology has taken out any trace of taste from Dutch products, tbh.

This is the idea behind a multi-tier EU.
Top quality poster.