England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by deleted_user0 »

Laurence Drake wrote:
lejend wrote:There's this peanut butter thing that the Dutch eat with fries ("chips"). It's certainly much better than that third-world crap that Umeo mentioned.

But I of course am aware that the Mediterranean peoples are the "master race" of cuisine.

Debatable. Indian and Thai food are also really good.

food from java is amazing as well, vietnamese is pretty good. philipino food wasn't that great, but they have some pretty good seafood dishes. surinam food also pretty guddd. and all the food from around the Mediterranean sea is awesome. spain, south of france, italy, greece, morocco, turkey, the levant, egypt... damn. so gud. only the balkan is the duck in a pond of swans, though they have some pretty good salted meats.

oh and i forgot cambodian... hot damn
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:Does French cuisine vary by region? I've only ever heard of Provencal food.

nah, its just like american food, same everywhere, pretty mcdonalds.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The Dutch cuisine is indeed meh, Id go as far as call it mostly pragmatic; sandwiches for lunch and our dinner style (meat potato vegetable) is very healthy. You're not the only one to think so. I think any standard dutch restaurant just rolls with french cuisine and does it well.

But hey, chocolade on bread in the morning. What else do you need.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

pannekoeken met spek en oude kaas
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

benj89 wrote:
lejend wrote:Does French cuisine vary by region? I've only ever heard of Provencal food.

of course

I would bet all the best food is from the Mediterranean part of France then. If only the Incog were here to educate us on Parisian and Breton cuisine.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Ahh that's right, the Dutch have stroopwaffel don't they?
Top quality poster.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lejend wrote:
benj89 wrote:

of course

I would bet all the best food is from the Mediterranean part of France then. If only the Incog were here to educate us on Parisian and Breton cuisine.

Nah. So desperate to be alt-right... Cant even do your homework into european culture... Best french food is from the bayou obviously...
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

umeu wrote:Nah. So desperate to be alt-right... Cant even do your homework into european culture... Best french food is from the bayou obviously...

You mean Creoles/Cajuns? It is pretty close but I respectfully disagree. I like other aspects of their culture though.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Laurence Drake wrote:Ahh that's right, the Dutch have stroopwaffel don't they?

Correct.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Labour party will be wiped out.
Top quality poster.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

is this type of move common? @WickedCossack
mad cuz bad
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Yea it's politics101 over here, smash the other parties when they are down.

Call a general election when you are 20 points up on all the other parties so you stay in power for another 5 years. The Tories could wait (for the end of their term) for the gen election but they risk Labour getting their act back together.

The tories should easily crush it according to all the polls currently but things going against them ...
i) Remain voters from brexit who don't want a "hard brexit" could put their votes to the Liberals or Labour.
ii) Blatantly obvious it's just a power play which doesn't come across that well. (Then again that only affects undecideds really.)
iii) Theresa May has been saying constantly and explicitly right up until today that she won't call a gen election. She probably got whiplash from that u-turn.

Luckily we have very short election campaigns compared to americas almost 2 year long fiasco. Usually 6 weeks or so.

I should also add they are doing this to increase their majority of seats in parliament since atm it's a very weak majority so a few tory dissenters can change the outcome of votes (which is a bigger deal than usual right now since lots of brexit decisions will be voted on).

"I mean what I say" :lol:

Please ... you're a politician. :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol: :uglylol:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Can't help but remember that Tories used the same argument against Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP: You said Indyref 2014 was supposed to be a one-in-a-generation vote, now you are going back on your own promise. Tories are now doing the same thing the SNP is doing in Scotland, kek.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

tbh I have no idea why Corbyn supports this. His own party is going to get obliterated and he will probably be pressured to resign afterwards. Seriously questioning his mental faculties right now.
Top quality poster.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Laurence Drake wrote:tbh I have no idea why Corbyn supports this. His own party is going to get obliterated and he will probably be pressured to resign afterwards. Seriously questioning his mental faculties right now.

Same thing happens if he doesn't though right.

Labour won't mind either since they probably want to get rid of Corbyn anyways since they doubt they'd win with him 2-3 years down the line and then have another 5 years after that of being the opposition ...

Anyways time for the Lib Dems to spike in popularity and pull off a Trump. :lol:
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Yeah I'm voting Lib Dem. I live in a Labour safe seat though but w/e
Top quality poster.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I like Corbyn - and I hope he wins! Go Corbyn :love:
Corbyn is pretty much the UK answer to Bernie Sanders. You guys from UK should pay close attentions to the messages from Labour vs Conservatives, and read between the lines to find the true message :unsure:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Corbyn's brother (also named Corbyn unsurprisingly) is a great man. Perhaps even worthy of being called a hero.
Pay more attention to detail.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Jerom wrote:The Dutch cuisine is indeed meh, Id go as far as call it mostly pragmatic; sandwiches for lunch and our dinner style (meat potato vegetable) is very healthy. You're not the only one to think so. I think any standard dutch restaurant just rolls with french cuisine and does it well.

But hey, chocolade on bread in the morning. What else do you need.

marijuana
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

iwillspankyou wrote:I like Corbyn - and I hope he wins! Go Corbyn :love:
Corbyn is pretty much the UK answer to Bernie Sanders. You guys from UK should pay close attentions to the messages from Labour vs Conservatives, and read between the lines to find the true message :unsure:

He's a retard and I hope he dies
Top quality poster.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Laurence Drake wrote:

calling for a re-election is like asking for facebook likes, because thats what she will get
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Laurence Drake wrote:

Honestly, I hope you lie.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Theresa May, are refusing to attend in TV debates, after calling for a snap election :huh:
Guess she is afraid to meet Jeremy Corbyn :idea: I really cannot think of any other reasons for it?? Imo it is an insult to British voters - she wants their support, but she is not women enough to face her main opponent face to face on the media where most ppls could se her in a real debate?
I hope it will turn a lot of voters away from her and the Conservative party :hmm:
phpBB [video]
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

May is just afraid that her iciness on TV will diminish her majority. She's not going to lose this election, though.
Top quality poster.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Laurence Drake wrote:May is just afraid that her iciness on TV will diminish her majority. She's not going to lose this election, though.

I agree, she is afraid - but I think she is scared cos she has worse arguments than Corbyn. In that sense its pretty vice of her not to meet him. I hope the British ppl gives her the thumb down for it, cos frankly, its almost like the Conservatives take the voters support for granted :hmm: