England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Netherland Antilles Laurence Drake
Jaeger

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by Laurence Drake »

'Britain's Bernie Sanders' lel
Top quality poster.
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

GO BREXIT!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... must-leave

So a far right party is leading in the polls in the Netherlands. :hmm:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Dolan wrote:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-14/dutch-populist-wilders-says-eu-finished-netherlands-must-leave

Which is okay. He will only get to do things when he gets 50% of the votes. Which is hard if you have 10 parties that are being voted on. Its just that stupid NL all votes on his retarded party while the rest of NL spreads their votes out.

He has about 35/150 seeds in polls. So much for that article's credibility.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

They seem to be leading in the latest poll data:

https://www.ipsos-nederland.nl/ipsos-pol ... deze-week/
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Yes but not by enough. Once they get 50 or so they might get a say in things.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well neither of the other two big parties have anything close to 50% and they have the power right now. So, it all depends on which party would want to create a coallition government with PVV.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Looks like our next prime minister is going to be unelected. I bet the brexiteers are really happy with their 'democracy'.
Top quality poster.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

Boris Johnson is our foreign secretary? Boris FUCKING Johnson?

You can't make this shit up.
Top quality poster.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Laurence Drake wrote:Looks like our next prime minister is going to be unelected. I bet the brexiteers are really happy with their 'democracy'.

A wild guess you are an american?? I would say you are out on a limb - bending down. USA is where everything happens first. You will Get the shanges first! Buccle up!
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Laurence Drake wrote:Looks like our next prime minister is going to be unelected. I bet the brexiteers are really happy with their 'democracy'.

A wild guess you are an american?? I would say you are out on a limb - bending down. USA is where everything happens first. You will Get the shanges first! Buccle up!

what are you even talking about?
Top quality poster.
United States of America jamesmp98
Dragoon
ESO: jamesmp98

Post by jamesmp98 »

Dolan wrote:http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-14/dutch-populist-wilders-says-eu-finished-netherlands-must-leave

What is considered far right in the Netherlands
best german stratgey

1. age with 3 settler wagon
2. make pike
3. push
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Laurence Drake wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

what are you even talking about?

If you are not dumd or defh - you maybe one of the few not getting the message that things ARE changing. USA will feel the worst - cos u r the worst - and the first when changes are happening.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

jamesmp98 wrote:

I think this party PVV led by Geert Wilders is a far right party. Just google him and you'll see his views.
United States of America jamesmp98
Dragoon
ESO: jamesmp98

Post by jamesmp98 »

Dolan wrote:
jamesmp98 wrote:

I think this party PVV led by Geert Wilders is a far right party. Just google him and you'll see his views.

He seems decent. IDK why the Brits want to ban people who's politics they don't like.
best german stratgey

1. age with 3 settler wagon
2. make pike
3. push
Jaeger

Post by Laurence Drake »

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MoHS_GK4dM[/video]

Dave goes out in style.
Top quality poster.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

That's the only thing he did in style. He pretty much nuked his reputation as a politician when he proposed the referendum. He basically single-handedly finished his own career as a politician, by starting a process which will make the UK a less significant country in the years to come.

I expect Scotland to eventually leave the UK. Northern Ireland probably won't make it, since support for Remain won't be a sufficient political motive for Ireland republicans to want to split with the kingdom. Unionism is still quite strong in Northern Ireland. Most of the population doesn't support an independent or re-unified Ireland. But Scotland... is another story.

So Cameron and May will be remembered as the PMs who unravelled the kingdom and took it out of the EU, by failing to be leaders when the situation required them to be leaders. They were just followers, letting populistic fears decide the future of a country.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

I like how lefties will try to blame anyone but the voters themselves for the outcome of the referendum.

Cameron's referendum was a reckless act of direct democracy. But nothing in his power could have made 17 million people vote to leave the EU.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

I ain't no leftie, m8. You're mistaking me for someone else. Maybe your wires are programmed to identify points of view only in 2 dichotomic ways: left, right, left, right.

I think it can objectively be argued that the UK leaving the EU will do damage to the country. Both in economic ways and in political ways (Scotland will most likely push for a new referendum). And it was Cameron's gamble, he gambled! He thought he would never lose the referendum, but he did. I think pretty much everyone in the political elite of the UK was hoping the referendum would be nothing but a scare, something to scare the EU with and then go back to business as usual. But after they saw that voters took it even more seriously than themselves, politicians were slowly waking up to the fact that they screwed their own country's future and now just have to scramble for some quick plans. Pathetic. The UK had no plan if the Leave vote were to win.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

Dolan wrote:I ain't no leftie, m8. You're mistaking me for someone else. Maybe your wires are programmed to identify points of view only in 2 dichotomic ways: left, right, left, right.

I think it can objectively be argued that the UK leaving the EU will do damage to the country. Both in economic ways and in political ways (Scotland will most likely push for a new referendum). And it was Cameron's gamble, he gambled! He thought he would never lose the referendum, but he did. I think pretty much everyone in the political elite of the UK was hoping the referedum would be nothing but a scare, something to scare the EU with and then go back to business as usual. But after they saw that voters took it even more seriously than themselves, politicians were slowly waking up to the fact that they screwed their own country's future and now just have to scramble for some quick plans. Pathetic. The UK had no plan if the Leave vote were to win.

You're right on all those points, except when you hold Cameron responsible for the outcome.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well nobody forced him to commit to holding a referendum. It was his choice. He caved in to populistic pressures.

I bet he thought he would never lose a referendum, that's why he called it. He thought he can fool everyone: he can appease the populists, he can threaten the EU with the prospect of a Leave vote and get even more "special status" concessions from the EU, and he can gain votes from populists by posing as a "neutral guy" who will do whatever the electorate wants. That's not what a leader should do. He just gambled with the referendum, really. No big leader would kick himself in the foot like that.

Of course, in simplistic causation terms, the population voted to Leave, but there has been a lot going on before that, which lead to this outcome. And that is largely also Cameron's doing.
Niue Le Dragon
Dragoon

Post by Le Dragon »

Dolan wrote:Well nobody forced him to commit to holding a referendum. It was his choice. He caved in to populistic pressures.

I bet he thought he would never lose a referendum, that's why he called it. He thought he can fool everyone: he can appease the populists, he can threaten the EU with the prospect of a Leave vote and get even more "special status" concessions from the EU, and he can gain votes from populists by posing as a "neutral guy" who will do whatever the electorate wants. That's not what a leader should do. He just gambled with the referendum, really. No big leader would kick himself in the foot like that.

Of course, in simplistic causation terms, the population voted to Leave, but there has been a lot going on before that, which lead to this outcome. And that is largely also Cameron's doing.

Cameron gave voters the option to decide on Britain's fate in the EU. He didn't interfere with the voting process or knowingly manipulate public opinion. In 'simplistic causation terms', the outcome of the referendum would not have happened if he had not called it in the first place. But blaming him for the outcome is like blaming the iceberg for sinking the titanic.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Le Dragon wrote:Cameron gave voters the option to decide on Britain's fate in the EU. He didn't interfere with the voting process or knowingly manipulate public opinion. In 'simplistic causation terms', the outcome of the referendum would not have happened if he had not called it in the first place. But blaming him for the outcome is like blaming the iceberg for sinking the titanic.

Well, to quote Putin, why would a leader ever call a referendum he knew he would lose... Anyway, Cameron had other choices, but I think he just wanted to stick more to power and not lose many seats in the House of Commons to populistic parties. So he gave them the referendum choice, to appease them and not lose votes to UKIP & Co.
"The people" who decided the outcome were not the most informed about the consequences. A knee-jerk reaction of 52% of participant voters to the migration problem decided the future of Britain for decades to come. Sounds like the right way of deciding the future of your country for the long term.