Guess a player

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Re: Guess a player

Post by Ashvin »

n0eL wrote:Its obviously H2O

Best guess ever :love:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

sdsanft wrote:Does 1910 have anything to do with it? Mitoe has 1912 posts so maybe he had 1910 when you posted it. or maybe Papist who has 1920?

No, and alas, noella is also wrong :(
A number is involved though, but the number is not the clue. Instead, the clue must lead you to the number.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Shoot this is a hard one. Could you maybe tell us which parts of the logo are important? Is it one of the words?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

No specific part of the logo is important. It's what about the logo represents. But that's not the answer yet, but you will be close then.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

The logo represents a soccer team. Pecelot likes soccer. Is it pecelot?

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

@sdsanft in reverse order the answers are, no, true but not relevant, true and relevant but not close enough. If the logo was merely to represent any football team I couldve picked any team's logo, however I picked this team for a reason. And only one other team's logo could replace it without altering the clue.

I will not post that logo because it would become too easy then, and @gendarme14 and @edeholland haven't tried hard enough yet. I will however post their team colors. But I won't tell you if it's home or away colors.
Attachments
colors.png
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

Haha yep, I know nothing about soccer but I'm just spitting out random answers in order to get more clues so that maybe some smarter than me can figure it out :P

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

That,s np, you dont need to know about football to guess it, though if you were an expert in turkish football this might be easier. Being an expert in google-fu is better tho.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fethiyespor

but I can't find any connection
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Because it's not the right team. @somppukunkku

The team i mean has a different away uniform.
No Flag onizuka
Crossbow

Post by onizuka »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeytinburnuspor

I'm not able to find the player either...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

onizuka wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeytinburnuspor

I'm not able to find the player either...

Youre close :) the second clue is staribg you right in the face on that page you linked. It's the right team. In my other hint i said these 2 teams have something in common, find out what it is, combine it with the clue edeholland sorta guessed and you have found our guy.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Is it this player who has like 1000 elo with 100% ottomans?
dunno about name
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

haha, you gotta find me the name or atleast give me a more accurate description of why i picked this clue. But yes, you are very hot <3
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jsjackson 17-576
Purple princess (16-749)
ANDV1 (10-761)
win/lose ratios
all otto players and bad succeess like this second football team. dunno what they have to do with ankara team.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Damn Somppu, so close and yet so far :P

I gave enough hints though, you guys should be able to connect the dots from here. I understand that most of you might not know this players name, so if you guys guess the connection between the two teams and the player i mean, then I will count it as a correct answer.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Umeu, ah Umeu. You have deceived us all, but no longer.
I was determined to find out the truth behind this enigmatic player in the shadows. Who does the defunct shield represent? Who is the man of mystery we have all tried and failed to reveal?

I believe I have the answer.

Umeu has been lying to us.

[spoiler=spoiler]To find out who this player is, let's begin from the beginning, or rather, from the OP--Umeu, or You-Mew, like the silly pokemon that keeps mewing. We know Umeu must be talking about pokemon because he says:
I dont mind farfatched, u just gotta drop multiple hints when u do.

FarFetchd is a pokemon and Umeu LITERALLY says he is "dropping hints". He even says later his riddle is a "farfetched riddle". He must be talking about pokemon.
Back to Mew, if you were Mew's trainer, who would be at your location? You--and Mew too. MEWTWO, the ultra-rare pokemon that happens to be a clone of Mew according to pokemon lore.
That is our first clue. Mewtwo.

Let's look at the football shield.
The first thing I noticed about the shield was the color--yellow and blue. We keep talking about Turkey, about really, the country we should be talking about is Sweden, the country with the yellow and blue flag. Who is the biggest celebrity from Sweden? Pewdiepie, the cussing gamer with a heart of gold. Pewdiepie is a celebrity because of his presence on Youtube, an American company. America was named after an Italian map maker named Amerigo Vespucci. Who is the Italian map maker on ESOC?
Garja, the cartographer and notorious flamer.
Since Garja has zero presence on this thread, we can negate everything in this section. So the second clue is the opposite of Garja.

From what Umeu says, we can infer a lot.
We know so far that the player has to do with the two Turkish football clubs and is either a Turk IRL or a Ottoman player.
He says we need to "combine the clues". If we assume that this person has to do with a Turk IRL and combine that with Turkish teams, then the first clue is redundant as players on Turkish teams are Turkish. From this, we can safely infer that the next clue has to do with an Ottoman player. The Ottomans were the first adopters of cannons in warfare; by 1453 they were using massive cannons in the siege of Constanstinople. When that city fell, the Byzantine empire collapsed with it and this marked one of the high points of the power of the Turks. When were the Ottomans most powerful? In Vanilla, or the original version of AOE3. That is our third clue--Vanilla Ottomans.

Next we look at Umeu again. He lies to us when he says that "the color is not important". The color is in fact very important, as we saw in Clue 2--the colors lead us to Pewdiepie, the person who was one of the first to win the Diamond Play button. Umeu here is behaving like a magician, by misdirecting us and distracting us from his real answer he so desperately wants to keep a secret. If we combine Winner (Pewdiepie) and Magic, we have Winner Magic. Victor Magic. Victor Swe, the ssmgc leader from Sweden. Sweden is ranked 12 on the Human Development Index. Victor Swe sounds like Victor Swi, which would be a Swiss counterpart to the magical swedish man. A peak by the name of The Matterhorn is ranked the 12th tallest in the Swiss Alps and has killed more than 500 climbers, a dangerous slope indeed. This is our fourth clue. The Matterhorn.

Lastly, we reconsult the shield for the final clue in our master plan--while Umeu weaves his webs of trickery, mine have been closing around him. Look at the bottom of the shield and you will see the numbers "1910", supposedly the year of the shield's creation. If we arrange it in order, we have the numbers 0,1,1 and 9. The zero is a whole number, and the hole swallows up 1, so we are left with 1,1 and 8. That is our last clue. 1,1,8.

This is where I was stumped. I was this close to figuring it all out--but all I got were these numbers. What did they mean? How did they all fit together? I was so annoyed I took a comb on my desk and began running it through my hair to straighten it. My sister came in and saw me straightening my hair and told me she'd never seen "men straightening hair".
Then it hit me.
Men straightening hair? Men straight--menstruate! Period! The numbers were from the periodic table.
I put those in and what do we get?
Two hydrogens and one oxygen--H2O

Then it all made sense. H2O is a one of a kind, rare player, like a Mewtwo (Clue 1). His name is the opposite of a flame (Clue 2) and his experience with this game is as old and powerful as the Ottomans of Vanilla (Clue 3). He even has the most dangerous tilt in the world (Clue 4). Even the other things make sense--how he is a cussing, popular gamer who is a nice guy inwardly like Pewdiepie, how he has quit recently after a defeat like the Turkish football club's shield.[/spoiler]

Umeu, I figured you out.

Come here golden cookie :coin:
No Flag onizuka
Crossbow

Post by onizuka »

nikrom. And the golden cookie :coin: is mine (get it? :mrgreen: )
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I like how you added 14 to my name. How do you know how hard I've been trying, though? @umeu :chinese:
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Gendarme wrote:I like how you added 14 to my name. How do you know how hard I've been trying, though? @umeu :chinese:

because you haven't guessed it yet! But @onizuka did! He get's all the points. Although, I must admit, I wish I had such a crazy mind as @milku3459 thinks I have.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

milku3459 wrote:Umeu, ah Umeu. You have deceived us all, but no longer.
I was determined to find out the truth behind this enigmatic player in the shadows. Who does the defunct shield represent? Who is the man of mystery we have all tried and failed to reveal?

I believe I have the answer.

Umeu has been lying to us.

[spoiler=spoiler]To find out who this player is, let's begin from the beginning, or rather, from the OP--Umeu, or You-Mew, like the silly pokemon that keeps mewing. We know Umeu must be talking about pokemon because he says:
I dont mind farfatched, u just gotta drop multiple hints when u do.

FarFetchd is a pokemon and Umeu LITERALLY says he is "dropping hints". He even says later his riddle is a "farfetched riddle". He must be talking about pokemon.
Back to Mew, if you were Mew's trainer, who would be at your location? You--and Mew too. MEWTWO, the ultra-rare pokemon that happens to be a clone of Mew according to pokemon lore.
That is our first clue. Mewtwo.

Let's look at the football shield.
The first thing I noticed about the shield was the color--yellow and blue. We keep talking about Turkey, about really, the country we should be talking about is Sweden, the country with the yellow and blue flag. Who is the biggest celebrity from Sweden? Pewdiepie, the cussing gamer with a heart of gold. Pewdiepie is a celebrity because of his presence on Youtube, an American company. America was named after an Italian map maker named Amerigo Vespucci. Who is the Italian map maker on ESOC?
Garja, the cartographer and notorious flamer.
Since Garja has zero presence on this thread, we can negate everything in this section. So the second clue is the opposite of Garja.

From what Umeu says, we can infer a lot.
We know so far that the player has to do with the two Turkish football clubs and is either a Turk IRL or a Ottoman player.
He says we need to "combine the clues". If we assume that this person has to do with a Turk IRL and combine that with Turkish teams, then the first clue is redundant as players on Turkish teams are Turkish. From this, we can safely infer that the next clue has to do with an Ottoman player. The Ottomans were the first adopters of cannons in warfare; by 1453 they were using massive cannons in the siege of Constanstinople. When that city fell, the Byzantine empire collapsed with it and this marked one of the high points of the power of the Turks. When were the Ottomans most powerful? In Vanilla, or the original version of AOE3. That is our third clue--Vanilla Ottomans.

Next we look at Umeu again. He lies to us when he says that "the color is not important". The color is in fact very important, as we saw in Clue 2--the colors lead us to Pewdiepie, the person who was one of the first to win the Diamond Play button. Umeu here is behaving like a magician, by misdirecting us and distracting us from his real answer he so desperately wants to keep a secret. If we combine Winner (Pewdiepie) and Magic, we have Winner Magic. Victor Magic. Victor Swe, the ssmgc leader from Sweden. Sweden is ranked 12 on the Human Development Index. Victor Swe sounds like Victor Swi, which would be a Swiss counterpart to the magical swedish man. A peak by the name of The Matterhorn is ranked the 12th tallest in the Swiss Alps and has killed more than 500 climbers, a dangerous slope indeed. This is our fourth clue. The Matterhorn.

Lastly, we reconsult the shield for the final clue in our master plan--while Umeu weaves his webs of trickery, mine have been closing around him. Look at the bottom of the shield and you will see the numbers "1910", supposedly the year of the shield's creation. If we arrange it in order, we have the numbers 0,1,1 and 9. The zero is a whole number, and the hole swallows up 1, so we are left with 1,1 and 8. That is our last clue. 1,1,8.

This is where I was stumped. I was this close to figuring it all out--but all I got were these numbers. What did they mean? How did they all fit together? I was so annoyed I took a comb on my desk and began running it through my hair to straighten it. My sister came in and saw me straightening my hair and told me she'd never seen "men straightening hair".
Then it hit me.
Men straightening hair? Men straight--menstruate! Period! The numbers were from the periodic table.
I put those in and what do we get?
Two hydrogens and one oxygen--H2O

Then it all made sense. H2O is a one of a kind, rare player, like a Mewtwo (Clue 1). His name is the opposite of a flame (Clue 2) and his experience with this game is as old and powerful as the Ottomans of Vanilla (Clue 3). He even has the most dangerous tilt in the world (Clue 4). Even the other things make sense--how he is a cussing, popular gamer who is a nice guy inwardly like Pewdiepie, how he has quit recently after a defeat like the Turkish football club's shield.[/spoiler]

Umeu, I figured you out.

Come here golden cookie :coin:

:coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin:

I reward you, even though everything you said was wrong.

Here's how it went down. The two teams are from Turkey. Both have played in the Turkish Super Lig, and they hold the record for the longest losing streak in that league. That's not the only thing they have in common, both teams were established in same neighbourhood in Instanbul, I guess the place must be cursed! How does this all relate to Nikrom? The guy we've all been looking for... Well, he holds the record for the longest AoE3 losing streak that is not a result of pointtrading or downgrading rank, he lost 1753 1v1 games in a row to be precise. On top of that he plays almost exclusively Ottomans, hence I selected a team from the Turkish League. I chose Ankaragucu for the first clue because the wikipage didn´t list this record on their main page, it´s only listed in the wiki page on records in Turkish football.
No Flag onizuka
Crossbow

Post by onizuka »

umeu wrote:
Gendarme wrote:I like how you added 14 to my name. How do you know how hard I've been trying, though? @umeu :chinese:

because you haven't guessed it yet! But @onizuka did! He get's all the points. Although, I must admit, I wish I had such a crazy mind as @milku3459 thinks I have.
Actually @somppukunkku had it first. I don't even know why he didn't think of the notorious nikrom. Or he simply didn't remember the name as he said.

I propose that one and it's quite easy.
[spoiler=spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Never heard of Nikrom. And how the fuck is it possible to lose 1753 games? Did he intentionally play against vastly better players each game?
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I knew Nikrom but didn't remember his name. I was looking for the lowest elo'd players but he has mighty 1300 elo or something so he is not there :)
well, this one was extremely hard hahaha. next one posts water and solution is h2o ok?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

onizuka wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Actually @somppukunkku had it first. I don't even know why he didn't think of the notorious nikrom. Or he simply didn't remember the name as he said.

I propose that one and it's quite easy.
[spoiler=spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

yes, but he didn't finish it. I gave him a chance to get the :coin: even if he couldnt remember the name, but he didn't reply :(

it's CoupRider btw?