sioux nation won - North Dakota Pipeline is DEAD

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

sioux nation won - North Dakota Pipeline is DEAD

Post by spanky4ever »

Dont know if you guys have heard this, but the pipeline will not be finished, and the sioux nation that have been fighting since april this year, have won - FINALLY. [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NttuUtpWIvY[/video]

Thousands of USA vets volunteering to stand by the protesters, was the final straw, and the government had to give in.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Re: sioux nation won - North Dakota Pipeline is DEAD

Post by noissance »

Not much of a victory, pipeline will still be built...

At least no longer poisoned water, yay! :kinggreen:
Error 404: Signature not found
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

> 2016
> 360p
revert Sioux nerf pls
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

you are right @noissance But I take this as the first victory. Sioux nation will not back down, and you should be proud of the 2000 US vets that joined the fight today - to make a human shield between the protesters and the corporate bullies (police)
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Of all of the large social movements this year, this has been the only one which I can really get behind and support. The amount of grace, honesty and class the protesters have shown, as well as the veterans who have gotten involved, has been inspiring and should be the model for any other protest on this scale. Very few people have made this about race or anything else political, rather just about people and their livelihood and humanity, something that many movements stray away from.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Imo, the Sioux should not stop, they should deport Trump, because he's an illegal migrant who came to steal the natives' lands.

You need to go back, Trump, you and the rest of the English-speaking aliens who illegally occupied North America. :salt:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Good
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

Some Indians have a habit of making everything "sacred" in order to get their way. Case in point was a garbage dump on Indian land near a place I lived once. The county had been trying to get them to clean up their mess for over a hundred years but they never would. However, when a highway route was planned through the area all of a sudden this open sewer was now a "sacred hunting ground," that is, until they were paid enough for it.

There are dozens of pipelines under rivers throughout the US. Obama halted the pipeline. It will probably stay halted until Trump takes office, then building will resume, either along the planned route or some other feasible route nearby.

The Sioux originally lived around the Great Lakes and only migrated into the plains after Europeans brought horses to the New World. Without European horses what we think of as a "plains Indian" would not have exited. It wasn't the Europeans who drove them onto the plains either, it was other Indians. The Sioux, in turn, displaced even other Indians. Thus, I take their claims of "ancestral hunting lands" in the Dakotas with more than a grain of salt.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Metis wrote:Some Indians have a habit of making everything "sacred" in order to get their way.

Yes, these Native Americans constantly getting their way and exploiting us poor white folk has got to end. It's a travesty!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

DAPL concerns, I have seen similar victories for Mattawoman creek constantly having to be fought for despite victories over time the battles continue on.
Rax Symelich stated:
“No, the DAPL is not dead. No, we didn’t win. No, no, no. It’s a trick. The Army Corps of Engineers has declined to grant the easement for Energy Transfer Partners’ drilling under Lake Oahe. This isn’t the same as denying it outright. “What it means is that they will do a limited Environmental Impact Study before allowing the drilling. The EIS could take months, by which time Trump will be president and they hope all the water protectors leave so they can finish the pipeline quietly with no media attention.”
Pennelys Droz stated:
“DAPL says it will drill anyway — without a permit. Oceti Sakowin water protectors urged to stay in camp. The Army Corps of Engineers denied DAPL Permit! The announcement was made live in the Big Circle at Oceti Sakowin Camp, live on Standing Rock Spirit Resistance Radio. Now from the Camp: DAPL is expected to pay the fines and continue drililng without a permit. At Oceti Sakowin Camp, they urged people not to leave the camp, because DAPL might drill anyway, without a permit. “Stick around and make sure that doesn’t happen.”
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Metis wrote:Some Indians have a habit of making everything "sacred" in order to get their way.

Yes, these Native Americans constantly getting their way and exploiting us poor white folk has got to end. It's a travesty!

I've done work in fisheries in the Pacific Northwest. The Indian-owned fish hatcheries are state-of-the art, better than those run by State or Federal government because they get far more taxpayer's money to run them. Not only that, but as "Natives" they get special dispensation that allows them to treat their salmon as "wild" and harvest them exclusively. There are hefty fines for any non-Indian daring to keep a "wild" salmon. What do the Indians do with these "sacred" salmon? They go into the city and sell them by the pound.

Do you realize just how much taxpayer's money is poured into the Indian community? Just this year, the Obama Administration gave nearly $600 million to Indian tribes for "reconciliation and empowerment." Last year they were given $940 million, and this is on top of the regular $20 billion they receive each year from the Federal government.

It's time that Indians act like the Americans they are instead of living on welfare and moaning about how tough they have had it because someone took their ancestor's land over a century ago. Get over it, more powerful, more organized and more capable groups have been taking things for themselves since before humanity was even human. Just look at Britain, where the Romans came, then the Vikings, then the Saxons and then the Normans. Neither did the "native American" tribes leve peacefully before Europeans came. These tribes were in a constant state of warfare, raiding, enslaving, sacrificing and sometimes even eating each other. Almost none of the "ancestral" lands of Indians are really ancestral, most groups came from somewhere else. All Indians tribes are recent migrants from Asia, geologically-speaking, humans didn't evolve in the New World.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Metis wrote: All Indians tribes are recent migrants from Asia, geologically-speaking, humans didn't evolve in the New World.

I'm would like some more info on that ancient migration pls?
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Im sorry @metis - I have read your post, but will not give you any coments on your right wing non-sense gibberish :maniac: cos it doesn't deserve my effort :huh: sorry :sad:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

No racism in North Dakota? well, take a good look at this video
[video]https://youtu.be/2X-dWa2MhxE?list=PLqSpk99bLYIRhTrDy1WU4xR5xqTDT4KCP[/video]
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Who cares if the land is a dump or not? It's still theirs? Its not like we would just sit idly by while Canada takes over Detroit just because its a dump? No, its our land, and we would defend it, and the American Indians would do just the same. Of all of the minority groups to ever live in the United States, Native Americans are really the only group the government owes anything to.

Is it true that the Native communities are not run well and that there is tons of wasted money there? Yes, totally yes. However, it would be more worthwhile for the government to actually send people to the reservations and fix the problems, instead of cutting funding or increasing it. If you are trying to build a building, you dont just keep on piling on bricks on a broken foundation; you go in, fix the foundation, and put mortar between the bricks.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

iwillspankyou wrote:No racism in North Dakota? well, take a good look at this video
[video]https://youtu.be/2X-dWa2MhxE?list=PLqSpk99bLYIRhTrDy1WU4xR5xqTDT4KCP[/video]

Only swj people can be racist according to metis
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dolan wrote:Imo, the Sioux should not stop, they should deport Trump, because he's an illegal migrant who came to steal the natives' lands.

You need to go back, Trump, you and the rest of the English-speaking aliens who illegally occupied North America. :salt:

Theyre coming to occupy romania too, see how u like it brolan.
Howdah

Post by Metis »

dietschlander wrote:
Metis wrote: All Indians tribes are recent migrants from Asia, geologically-speaking, humans didn't evolve in the New World.

I'm would like some more info on that ancient migration pls?

Isn't it common knowledge that humans didn't evolve in the New World? Perhaps it's only taught to kids in North American and other New World schools.

Here is a neat study that shows where people came from based on the languages they speak:

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-n ... 180950053/

Here is a synopsis of the genetic information showing the Asian origin for so-called "native" Amerindians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_h ... e_Americas
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

PLEASE DONT GIVE YOUR COMMON KNOWLEGDE FROM FOX NEWS - @Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

umeu wrote:Only swj people can be racist according to metis

I never said "only." You get into logical trouble when you start using universals. What I said was that SJW's, although the purport to be anti-racist, are actually more racist than the average American because they are the ones pointing out racial differences and trying to segregate minorities into "safe spaces" when most people couldn't care less.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

:? check out some other news channes @Metis - you should know Fox news is propaganda - and not news at all :uglylol: :uglylol: