This makes me really sad

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Re: This makes me really sad

Post by AraGun »

How did this thread get so off topic lol.. should start new topic on what you want in life out of women imo..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

AraGun wrote:How did this thread get so off topic lol.. should start new topic on what you want in life out of women imo..

aragorn_op
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

AraGun wrote: should start new topic on what you want in life out of women imo..

at least pr 25, imo
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Wow, this thread started out as a woman talking about bad experiences that she's had online with fellow gamers and then devolved into talking about objectifying women and looking at them as "prey". Ridiculous. I could excuse it as idiocy, but for fucks sake, someone who plays an RTS as complex as this and is on this forum can't be that dumb, right? I tend to excuse people if they haven't hit the age of 25, so maybe I'll just think of it like that. :flowers:

Queenofdestiny is a fantastic streamer (seriously, her streams always look amazing) and is quite good at the game. She's also a nice person, from what I've seen, so perhaps this is why she gets games. As a female, I kept my femaleness hidden for awhile on ESO. One day, some guy told me to shove my own dick up my ass because apparently I'm such a noob that I was fucking myself all game :roll: so I just responded by telling him that it would be a bit difficult to do since I don't have a dick. One of my teammates was like "wtf, you are a girl?! no girls play this game. wtf?!" We became eso friends and since then I've been open about being a female. I've met 5 other women since (that I know of) and don't regret being open about the fact that I don't have a dick. I don't feel like I get any special treatment, I'm treated basically the same other than being called she instead of he. I do get asked for advice sometimes, which is okay. However, I do have a couple of people on my pest list though because apparently being a female = loving sexual harassment.

My point is that there are women who are playing this game, but they are hiding. With the toxicity that I have seen, it's no surprise as to why. I'm older so I really just didn't care anymore, but younger women may be more affected by this. To any woman who is reading this, don't be ashamed about being a woman and don't let assholes get to you. To the men, don't be an asshole.

Honestly, most of the games I play are super fun with minimal to no flaming. I don't have a problem filling a room that I host. Maybe it's because I'm a female, or maybe it's because I don't tolerate assholes and people can actually learn something from each other during and after the game.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night itā€™s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@Kaiserklein Umeu was obviously referring to the fact that Swedes are hot. That is what Sweden was known for before it instead became known for its rapefugee invasion.

I don't know what else to say, really. If you think Sweden doesn't have a lot of immigration you are wrong; I don't think I have to speak for the numbers.
Pay more attention to detail.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yep I know what umeu was referring to, but I don't see what that has to do with refugees lol ?
Come to a mediterranean country, and you'll see what immigration means, and not just since a couple of years.

And anyway, do we even care ? Why do you need to share your shit feelings ? If you're racist then keep it for you, no one cares, it's toxic and retarded
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

@XeeleeFlower
While I agree with some part of your message and Iā€™m sure queen highlighted an important concern that should be adressed, i.e females should be open about it and guys try not to be assholes, I was expecting this objectifying bs argument.

You are probably the dumb one if you believe older guys donā€™t objectify women, from experience, they do as much as young ones (thatā€™s the only thing I learnt about drunk lunch with executives). Women do the exact same thing, as objectifying is a way to interpret one personā€™s attribute with our values, before feelings get involved. Note the double meaning of the word. Anyway, I wonā€™t go more hs but there was no need to be arrogant here.

About the deer metaphor, itā€™s actually, a metaphor. I could have said, donā€™t listen to what they say, observe what they do. I prefer abstract metaphors if you donā€™t mind. To be clear, I donā€™t actually intend to shoot a woman. If that offended you, I'm will be more careful with my metaphors next time.

The grading system that we used is, as you mentioned, a way to objectify a parameter in order to understand what drives guys and girls behaviors. While it shouldnā€™t be used in a negative way, I believe it can be useful if you want to approach an understanding of seduction, although not necessary hence why I didnā€™t brought these ratings.

As you figured, if someone criticize you based on your gender on aoe, chances are he/she wouldā€™ve used any other pretext to do so anyway, so use the pest list itā€™s there for a reason. Iā€™ve seen insults based on the color one guy used to like playing with (pink, you got it). Even though the pest list is limited, itā€™s certainly enough to ban all the potential retards.

Lastly, to women and guys on ESOC, donā€™t be assholes, one arriah was enough.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
United States of America roiarthurbis
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: roiarthurbis

Post by roiarthurbis »

Shouldn't strategy and tactics topics be getting the horde of posts this is getting. Are our minds getting away from the fact that this is an aoe website? Like the trolling and non-seriousness is really getting out of hand. I think posts like this should be dealt with on a one on one issue as it seems this is with specific people and not make the whole aoe community look worse than it already is (thank diarouga for that).
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Well, we are adults now (contrary to what we were when TAD had its peak), so a lot less of our lives revolve around gaming. Everyone has been serious in this thread as far as I can tell. Trolling and discussing off-topic subjects are very different.

And I don't think Diarouga has made people dislike this community at all, actually. Some don't like ESOC (there are some things I don't like about it either), but that is not because of the actions of Diarouga or anyone else like him. That would be silly.
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Sigh, your response is such a mess I don't know where to begin. It's funny you criticize Zoom about his communication, but atleast his texts are clear, even though he uses unnecessarily complicated language. Your texts are quite incomprehensible however, though you use, thank god, simple language. Anyway, if I missed some point you made, it's most likely because you failed to express it accurately.

benj89 wrote:hm, not sure what to think about your previous messages. I think you fail to see the nuance in my oversimplification. The oversimplification is actually needed (one could believe that you fail to see this oversimplification on purpose to get people's approval, but I'm afraid you really fall into it), and I believe we could analyze each parameters of what attracts you about a girl (and vice versa). I'm pretty sure that what most people evaluate as a "special connection", "the click with that person", "soul mates" can actually be explained. There might be rare exceptions to that, and you'll have more chance to get that exception by getting to know many girls, than by being satisfied only with the ones who approach you.

I totally fail to see how an oversimplification can be nuanced. But I guess that's me. Sure "rules of attraction" are interesting, and I'm sure there is alot of biology involved which I don't (nor you probably) fully understand. However, all your posts show a complete lack of understanding the wide range of human emotions and the need to satisfy them. I'm not even talking about this special connection or soulmate stuff, because I don't believe in it. I don't believe that everyone has someone they're destined for or whatever. As long as you are compatible with each other, I believe everyone can become anyones "soulmate", if they're willing to put the effort in and stop believing Disney's fairytale that love falls out of the air. In that sense, sure you could say I'm satisfied with what I get, and I don't see a need to go date a 1000 girls, 999 of which I will discard, because I'm searching for that one true love. Many relationships end because they feel like there is someone out there better for them, I'm pretty sure it's bs, as long as you weren't in a dysfunctional relationship (abuse, depression etc).

Back to what you admitted would be ideal (and I agree, even tho its vast): a 7+ loyal, intelligent etc and except 2 girls, all the rest came on to you. This means, enough 7+ girls came on to you so that you could chose a girl that fits you best. After that you said that you want to improve, yet donā€™t feel the need to approach girls, which again means that you donā€™t have to in order to get the ones you want.
Consider that to attract enough 7+ girls so that they come on to you, you need to be really attractive (8-9). (Thatā€™s how it is under your 30s, a 8 girl will have more opportunities with 8+ guys than the opposite. From the few conversation Iā€™ve had with older guys it seems to be more untrue after 30 when the role in seduction change, and even more untrue after 50. Accuse hormones, maturity, careers, idk)

ā€”> Therefore, either you are a model (8+) and indeed 7-8 girls come to you enough so that you donā€™t need to do much effort, either you are lying and are delusional (since you arenā€™t stupid and know how to objectively rate a girl). I didnā€™t mention the fact that your charisma is so big that it acts like a magnet.
Again, I think you just fall into the category of people who are content with what they can get without putting much effort into it. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be happier than people who tend to see the grass greener like me, but chances are Iā€™d find your life boring.

When I said I wanted to improve, I actually meant that generally, not really as much when it comes to dating better looking girls or whatever. I've never really been that interested in screwing around with as many girls as possible, perhaps because I don't derrive my self-esteem from the amount or quality of sexual encounters i've had. I guess we have to celebrate because for the first time in your long forum carreer you may have categorized me correctly, albeit, with your usual vastly simplified style. No doubt you'd find my life boring, and I'd find your life depressing.

About Standards:
I won't even go into why you think your standards are higher than mine either, I already have a hard time explaining you what's obvious to me. I do have relatively high sober standards but I don't mention it because it brings nothing to the discussion. But who cares about me, I'm telling you about what I observed among dozens of people, you should do the same. And the only time you did is when you asked your girl friends what they want in a guy - ever heard about donā€™t ask a deer how to get hunted? Iā€™ll sound misogynist because of you!

I didn't bring it up, Gendarme did. I agree with you it was quite pointless. However you're wrong to think we should talk only about what you observe in other people, because you cannot judge what goes on in another person's head. If you think only observations matter, then it's no surprise you approach this subject as a scientist would approach mating wildlife. I see no reason why the conversations with girls should be disregarded (even if there is a possibility, even a probability, that they may not have told me everything) over what a male can understand just from looking at them. As if you can better understand their sexuality just by looking at them than they can... I really don't take your word with anything but a grain of salt on this matter, as I still recall very well how you spoke about "ugly girls" being so desperate they would do anything to get pretty much any guy. Which totally makes me question if you've ever even met any woman in your life.
I'm not the one making you sound misogynist, you just generally have a very low esteem of women, judging from all the nonsense you've said on the topic so far over various discussions.

Trophy wifes:
To keep the number thing real you need to consider 9 to be a really, really attractive girls who has experienced privilege because of it since she's very young. This factor tend to add more bad than good in a person. I wouldn't want to date one based on the ones I met and got to know, which I can count on one hand, so I donā€™t have a settled idea about that. You mentioned loyal, that's one of the highest quality I consider, along with humor, as most people. About intelligent, I'm not that concerned about it since I don't really get to meet retarded girls and it's pretty obvious when you meet one. I could go on, but what does that bring to the discussion? nothing. You might still not get that talking like that is like you talking about racism in the usa when youā€™ve never been there and read some nbc news, itā€™s sterile. A waste of time.

Let's ignore the fact that not only have I been to the USA, I don't watch NBC, and my sister lives in the Deep South, so I think I have atleast some notion of what goes on in the USA regarding racism. It's laughable to me that you're implying that I'm talking out of a vacuum, while I'm the only one who brings up my own experiences. You on the other hand, only quote dubious sources and rely on even more dubious observation skills. Either case, the point of the example wasn't that everyone likes the same things in a woman, it's that i'm quite sure, in the long run, nobody will be more happy with a woman who is only very beautiful, but in other ways doesn't match your interests (aka, you like funny but she isn't etc), than with a woman who's not as beautiful, but satisfies (most of) your other (emotional) needs. You just seem to admit that, because you wouldn't date the pretty girls you know because you think they're bad people.
My point:
I never advocated that you should date a girl because she is a 9+, I'm just trying to have a constructive discussion about attraction and seduction, which is a fascinating therefore complex subject. The physique got isolated by me or someone else, but it could have been another attribute.
The point is, and I think we both agree on that, a girl that is a 6-7 (let's say that what you consider a 6-7 actually is one.. and that you as a sample represent the population which isn't possible, but w/e), you could get the exact same feelings that you have for her, she would potentially be as amazing, as everything, if she was a 8-9. There are so many fishes in the sea, that it's pretty realistic to say that. Would that make you happier? I'd think so but I might as well be wrong, feel bring to argue thatā€™s what Iā€™m looking for. As you mentioned, my experience is limited, and the girl Iā€™ve dated for the longest time was slightly less than 2 years.

Yes, it's a indeed a complex subject, which makes me confused as to why you think you can say meaningful stuff about it when you are vastly oversimplifying everything. I do agree with the rest of what you've said there, so maybe most of the misunderstanding comes from something else.

*you keep mentioning that dude and the ice cubes, so iā€™ll talk about him. First of, it was an anecdote, not meant to be benjā€™s values impersonated.
His short story: not good looking (at all), worked out a lot the past few years, got a job as a promoter, ended up 3rd rank promoter at 24 (would you believe that you get paid $30K per month to throw ice cube on models and going out 6 nights a week?), and spent his time trying to get the most beautiful girls he could. First the ones he brought to clubs (i.e, regular models from Elite etc), ultimately victoria secret ones. If you knew about all the "game" that he uses to get and keep these girls, while not being particularly funny nor attractive, thats unreal. So yea, to get the attention of a girl that is in the vip area with Zack Efron (that fool one night stand raw) or Jay Z, throwing ice cube at her is one of his techniques. Therefore, a bad looking dude can date girls you wouldn't dream about, that's what I tried to say with this guy, and I find it funny. Now the guy randomly stops models in NYC and consistently get laid with 9+. Is he happy? probably the happiest dude I met. Will that last? I don't know, but his experience made him from being a frustrated guy who secretly hoped to screw beautiful girls, to a guy who actually does that and is opening several businesses. Heā€™s one of these guys, who actually go after what they want. It has nothing to do with a Ā«competition Ā».
Last similar story I read about, the guy screwed so many models he went to Africa for one year and created one of the most successful non for profit as a sign of repentance (charity: water). Thatā€™s all I wish for him :)

It's an interesting story, in many ways, though I don't think there are many conclusions to be taken from the way you tell it. I just want to note that I don't see how having sex with super models suddenly makes you a succesful business owner. It's possible that he got the self-esteem and confidence needed, to unlock his potential, from sleeping with beautiful woman. But to me it's seems rather sad and ineffective to be so dependent on other people in order to feel good about yourself. Imagine where he would be if they'd turned him down. I'm quite sure it has everything to do with competition, but it's very likely we think of something else when hearing that word. I mean don't get me wrong, if that was the way for him to get over his insecurity, then good on him.

*Btw, 30k a month? Surely that's not correct, that means he makes 300k+ a year lol. That's more than laywers, doctors and most bankers even lol. I looked it up and it seems that 3k would be more like it.

Anyway, you found it funny because you don't know anything about this world, I don't neither, but at least I've people in it. Ignorance often brings mockery.
barely proofread, hope that make sense

I don't know anything about this world because I don't agree with you? As far as this thread has gone, and as far as pretty much every conversation with you has gone, you're always mocking me or whoever you talk with. So maybe you should look in the mirror when it comes to this one. The reason I find the icecube anecdote funny is not because the story itself is funny, I find it funny because of the far-reaching conclusions you draw from the things you see and hear from other people. Just because you know some people who you think know "this" world, doesn't really mean anything at all. Unlike you, I'm not actually claiming there is no truth in what you say, I'm just saying you're only focusing on one very small and narrow part of the painting. Maybe you should start to trust your own experiences a bit more, and you'd perhaps realise that the world isn't as simple as you make it out to be.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

honestly benji from what you've said it seems like you either live in a completely different world from the rest of us, ( which I guess is possible) or you have no actual real life experience and are basing everything you've said so far on television, hollywood, things you've read on the internet, or 2nd hand accounts from friends.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

gibson wrote:honestly benji from what you've said it seems like you either live in a completely different world from the rest of us, ( which I guess is possible) or you have no actual real life experience and are basing everything you've said so far on television, hollywood, things you've read on the internet, or 2nd hand accounts from friends.
i get the opposite impression and would bet he's had plenty more experience than you will have in the same amount of time
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

He admitted himself it's not the case. So I guess we can take his word for it, unless he's lying for reasons not obvious to me.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

OK OK this post lol

I need to say :
THANK YOU GUYS
some post cheers me really up
and some are just idk LOL

I think itĀ“s time to make something cleare here:
I dont mind if people like me bc im a girl or not.
Bc i found a really nice, sexy and awesome guy on Eso. Its not that kind of what most people think : "yeah i see internet relationship"
No its not that we are together in real life and we meet each other like all 3-4 weeks.
we are open whit this and i need to say since this.
Guys getting worser and they are jealious.
Maybe thats why people flame me so much since they know i have a Boyfrind from Aoe.

Edit: Yeah my english is GREATE :uglylol:
shit juice :hmm:
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Wtf is this

Edit: read the above post now...
My head just exploded
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Did you find him on quickstart?
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Wtf is this

Edit: read the above post now...
My head just exploded

Soldier always finde The right words.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

LordRaph is from Germany...Queen is from Germany...
:hmm:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Any chance I can find a gf on eso so I can justify the dozens of hours I waste online?
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

tedere12 wrote:Any chance I can find a gf on eso so I can justify the dozens of hours I waste online?

There are rumors that the original queen of treaty, 'clairchen', is back again. Maybe you can find her :uglylol:
r]
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I'll pm her
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Moved to News & Culture because this has nothing to do with AoE3 anymore haha. Enjoy the discussion
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

You're pretty accurate on this svenska pojka.@Gendarme Like who the fuck would go out, let's say bar. to tame an elephant. When there's more objectively better looking girls out there. But that's just one scenario, where personality doesn't matter that much.
If I had known that elephant for some time and talked with her before, I might feel some emotions towards her due to her personality and not looks. And that's why you got a wingman to slap you to the face for almost getting tricked by emotions. : >
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yep I know what umeu was referring to, but I don't see what that has to do with refugees lol ?
Come to a mediterranean country, and you'll see what immigration means, and not just since a couple of years.

And anyway, do we even care ? Why do you need to share your shit feelings ? If you're racist then keep it for you, no one cares, it's toxic and retarded

Fuck yes I alove double standardizing JUST WOW. You can't even make a point of an ILLEGAL immigrants which we also have and sweden has a shit tons of more. And this comment coming from a whiteboy like you. we're doomed.

Just saying, Sweden would've been a paradise to live, without the mass immigration, that's a fact, not racism. Don't throw word racism that easily around if you don't know what it means in the first place, this shit irritates the shit outta me. There's more than 1,7 million immigrants in country which has less than 10 million inhabitants. Now try to maintain that good nordic welfare state status when you have this amount of immigrants. Good luck with that shit.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Gichtenlord wrote:
tedere12 wrote:Any chance I can find a gf on eso so I can justify the dozens of hours I waste online?

There are rumors that the original queen of treaty, 'clairchen', is back again. Maybe you can find her :uglylol:

I heard smth like this too!!!
shit juice :hmm: